• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Burial or Cremation?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which do you prefer: burial, cremation or something else?

• Burial

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Cremation

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
My apologies if this thread has already been made in the past, but it's a question I've been meaning to ask.

We're all going to die eventually. So the question is, what do you all plan to have done with your corpse after you've passed. Burial? Cremation? Or perhaps something else, such as resomation or simply donating your body to science?

Personally I'm leaning towards cremation, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen for a very, very long time...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I don't really like the idea of either of them all that much. I'd rather just donate my organs and then give my body to scientific research or some shit.

metrifyx

I'll most likely be an organ donor. Whatever's left of my body can be cremated, but I don't want it in some box. I'd really like it if someone scattered my ashes somewhere nice and sunny, or in the ocean if that isn't harmful or anything. I don't like the idea of being trapped in a box, even if I'll be dead.

αsiя

space coke
I'll go with a burial because I know my family would like to visit my grave from time to time.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
i have a family grave in mexico with a spot just for me

lol that sounds really creepy

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
αsiя;5567858 said:
I'll go with a burial because I know my family would like to visit my grave from time to time.
You can have a memorial spot and still be cremated.

Personally, the idea of being buried has always seemed very self-centred to me. Land is one thing they're not making any more of and to fill a whole bunch up with dead bodies just seems so pointless when we can do better things with the bodies, coffins and land.

It was never a decision for me. I'm getting cremated. My dad wants his ashes scattered at Newcastle beach where grew up and I think I'd like something similar but here in Brisbane.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I want to be buried but have my organs donated as anything else I'm allowed to/comfortable with. Both of these are for religious reasons.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I want to be cremated. I hate the idea of sticking in one place after I die. I want the wind to carry me to different places everyday.

Or have my ashes scattered into the Puget Sound.

I have years before I decide exactly what I want. All I know is cremation.

Lord Atomsk

I would have to agree with previous posters about donating anything of value as an organ donor, other than that I really don't care what happens to my corpse. All it is by then is a collection of decaying flesh so who knows, maybe cremated and used to fertilize a garden or tossed at sea, I doubt I'd be picky.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
That's weird. Not so many of you are supposed to volunteer your organs for donation. The highest rate of organ donation is only 35.1 per million people. Already, including myself, we have five out of twelve.

Just remember to get your organ donor cards filled out and tell your next of kin about your decision, otherwise your organs will be left to rot.

Lord Atomsk

I guess people are just freaked out by the image of their corpse being eviscerated after death.

FEAR THE SPOOKY DOCTOR AND HIS BONESAW OF DOOOOOM!!!!

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
That's weird. Not so many of you are supposed to volunteer your organs for donation. The highest rate of organ donation is only 35.1 per million people. Already, including myself, we have five out of twelve.

Just remember to get your organ donor cards filled out and tell your next of kin about your decision, otherwise your organs will be left to rot.

Six, actually. I'm donating my organs when I die, but I didn't mention it because I didn't see much point to it being mentioned in the thread. You can donate your organs and still be buried or cremated and presumably resomated as well.

BTW, love how several members posted that they were choosing burial, but none of them actually voted for it. xD

That said, Ophan wins the Internet with his option. <3

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Burial, easily. I don't really want to be cremated. Just doesn't seem... traditional? I really like DiceKiller's idea of LifeGems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back