• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Burial or Cremation?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which do you prefer: burial, cremation or something else?

• Burial

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Cremation

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinnyGod

Awards

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
That is now what I want to do when I die. :)

Same. It's not as "EPIC" as a Viking funeral, but it's a beautiful final image for your loved ones to have of you and a much more cheerful farewell than normal funerals. :D

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I choose a burial for two reasons; the first being from a religious standpoint which I won't get into right now and the second is so that there will always be proof that I was here. That, at one point in time, I lived my life and even if I didn't do anything notable in this life, there will atleast be a nice piece of land and a rock that says; "There will never be another like him". That's what I want written there, because technically, it's true.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I choose a burial for two reasons; the first being from a religious standpoint which I won't get into right now and the second is so that there will always be proof that I was here. That, at one point in time, I lived my life and even if I didn't do anything notable in this life, there will atleast be a nice piece of land and a rock that says; "There will never be another like him". That's what I want written there, because technically, it's true.

You do realise that no regular person grave exists forever right? Eventually you just make way for a new grave and they burn your casket or whatever.

Don't know myself. Maybe cremation with some ash scattering. The fireworks thing sounds nice though.

Ohhileo

I'm going to be left in a ditch. That way, when I come back as a zombie to extract my revenge on the living (mostly on the Taxman), I won't have the whole problem of trying to claw my way back up to the surface through wood and soil.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Cremation. Cemeteries take up too much space in my opinion, and letting my body rot is disgusting. But I plan on dying in some way where my body will be irretrievable. Die in an epic eplosion or something.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Cryogenics. It doesn't rot my body or turn me into ashes. My body remains forever.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Okay, everyone here who has decided to keep their organs even after dying, a time when you genuinely have zero use for them: why not? I've never understood how there's even room for debate here. I want to see things from the other side.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Okay, everyone here who has decided to keep their organs even after dying, a time when you genuinely have zero use for them: why not? I've never understood how there's even room for debate here. I want to see things from the other side.

What do you mean? Organ donation?

(1000 Posts!!!)

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
I was just under the assumption that my organs wouldn't be useful by the time I died, so I didn't mention it (not really that knowledgeable in that area). If they are functional enough to donate, or if I died at an early age, then of course I would donate them.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I was just under the assumption that my organs wouldn't be useful by the time I died, so I didn't mention it (not really that knowledgeable in that area). If they are functional enough to donate, or if I died at an early age, then of course I would donate them.

Same here. I don't have a use for them, someone who needs it can have it, as long as I didn't die of organ failure.

Theart

Awards

I'm with you, I definitely wanna know. The only logical reason for not donating healthy organs I can think of is of religious reasons.

And on a different note, I thought of another reason to get cremated: perfect way to make sure you don't turn into a zombie after you're dead~

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm with you, I definitely wanna know. The only logical reason for not donating healthy organs I can think of is of religious reasons.

And on a different note, I thought of another reason to get cremated: perfect way to make sure you don't turn into a zombie after you're dead~

And cryogenics. Your not dust or a zombie. And if someone needs my organs in 200 years, their fresh and just need an hour to thaw.

snow_flake40

Awards
Aw, jeez, I don't know. I don't want to be buried because of the off-chance that I might actually still be alive, which would be friggin' TERRIFYING. That, and I don't want to decompose into nothing. Just icktacular... And yes, I know I'll be dead, it doesn't really matter, etc. But I just don't like the idea of my body, whether lifeless or not, rotting away in a box. I dunno...

And with cremation, being on fire scares the bejeezus out of me. And so much so that I actually turn into ashes? Blegh, awful... Again, I know that it won't really be me, but rather my soul-less vessel. But still... Ugh, I'm such a wimp. Although that using your ashes to turn into a tree idea sounds very nice indeed.

In any case, if my organs and junk are still good to go, then I'd want to donate them.

Theart

Awards
Aw, jeez, I don't know. I don't want to be buried because of the off-chance that I might actually still be alive, which would be friggin' TERRIFYING. That, and I don't want to decompose into nothing. Just icktacular... And yes, I know I'll be dead, it doesn't really matter, etc. But I just don't like the idea of my body, whether lifeless or not, rotting away in a box. I dunno...

And with cremation, being on fire scares the bejeezus out of me. And so much so that I actually turn into ashes? Blegh, awful... Again, I know that it won't really be me, but rather my soul-less vessel. But still... Ugh, I'm such a wimp. Although that using your ashes to turn into a tree idea sounds very nice indeed.

In any case, if my organs and junk are still good to go, then I'd want to donate them.

Well, I admit the idea of being cremated alive is quite terrifying, I've got the wonderful, if slightly morbid 'insurance policy' of sorts via organ donating that I'll definitely be dead once I'm in the furnance. xD

I like cremation. A lot of options with what to do with my ashes. Could simply have my ashes scattered at some sentimental location or be jettisoned into space, or turn into a tree, or turn into a piece of jewelry, or even be packed in and shot off into the night sky with loads of wonderful fireworks.

Personally I want my family to celebrate my life and try to look ahead than simply mourn and feel depressed. I'm a strong believer of life after death, so really there isn't much to shed too many tears over me. :3

blueheart

Bronze Member
I think something along the lines of cremation sound okay, just something that doesn't involve a coffin. Maybe I'll even do an organ donation, or do the tree thing.

I never got the point of coffins, though. I mean, why buy a big, expensive casket when it'll only be seen once? And plus, for how expensive it is, the body is just going to rot and decompose in it.

I mean, sure, it would be nice to have your own gravesite for your family and loved ones to visit, but would that be good for the Earth to just stick a giant casket in it, which in most cases will be made of something that would prevent it from breaking down for a long while also? I'm not smart enough with science to know.

But realistically, I'll probably just let my family decide what to do with me.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
Cremation. It just seems more graceful than rotting in the ground.

Abel

I want my body to just lie wherever it was that I died until I molder away into a skeleton. I feel like a skeleton adds a nice accent to, say, a hidden cavern behind waterfall, or a snakepit.

Otherwise, cryogenics seems like the way to go. I'm all about taking advantage of every possibility. Who are we to say that in roughly 100 years, humankind won't have found a way to reverse aging and live forever? I want to keep my corporeal existence in one piece for that. That's probably what the ancient Egyptians were thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back