• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Building a new world from the fragments of the old...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should I create a cross-over worldbuilding thread?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventua

Okay dokie, so, it seems that no real interest has been shown in my recent attempt to set up a new roleplay (Four Lords of the Labyrinth), so I'm instead going to try and remake an RP that I'd made before with a lot of potential: Rise of the Vanguard.

The setting itself will just be called 'Vanguard' though, in case for whatever reason people think the original premise (of the thread) should change. For those of you who don't know the premise (of the setting), the idea is for an epic cross-over.

BUT WAIT A MOMENT. Don't just shake your heads and say, "Oh yes, how original, another cross-over!"

Because what we're doing with this is to create an entirely new setting using various pieces from established franchises. By taking, modifying or combining aspects and characters from different settings and media to create something entirely new.

And in case you're wondering, any elements that want to be included but couldn't be carried over whole-souled due to a conflicting aesthetic and 'feel' are modified to fit better with the new combination that has been forged.

So yes, this is the setting of Vanguard: a sci-fi world built from the pieces of a thousand tales both fantastical and mundane as we attempt to create something new from the ashes.

Sound good? If at least ten people vote yes on the poll (including myself), then I will create a proper thread.

And don't worry, as with most collaborative projects of this sort people will easily be able to jump in with new ideas or settings they think we could add and mix in to the total: you wouldn't be required to focus your creative energy on this (though you could if you wanted).

Eventua

Actually, I've done some thinking, and I'm going to create an original RP: try to ignore this, I may get back to it eventually. Give me a few days during which I'll work on my own personal worldbuilding project and, using the 'original sign-up guidelines' created by Jezza and the example of 'The Unseen Veil' by Ordeith, I'm going to try and make something detailed and epic.

Hopefully. Let's see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back