• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Brother

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Yeah, I have younger brothers who do stuff like that, too...(though, for them, it's mostly out of obvilivious stupidity than intention).

Well, quite simply, it depends on how spiteful you are. For example, you could go into their room and start taking things, one by one and hiding them. Not very mature, I know...not terribly effective, either. Anyways, if you share video games, don't let him play yours anymore...or you could make a deal. For example, my brother ruined my Guitar Hero II (a week after I got it for my birthday) and I said that he could play it IF he gave me the money (when he gets it) and he kept all of the games and DVDs in their boxes for a week. His friends are also not allowed to touch/play any of my games, from now on...that worked prett effectively, because not only did he refund me, but now, I've gotten him to develop a habit of taking care of my games...

HOWEVER, there are still several things of mine that get ruined, all the time and I've found that it's best to wait until you have an overwhelming amount of things that need to be put right and THEN bring it up to your parents. Again, with the spiteful deal, but when you do it like that, your parents get frustrated, too, and start to take you seriously. Everything starts to add up...

"Where's Guitar Hero?" "Julian ruined it."
"Why don't you ever wear the ear rings I got you for Christmas?" "Julian ruined them."
"Dad, can I take your bike to school?" "What about yours?" "Alexander 'doesn't know where it is.'"
"Chloe, put on the Postal Service." "Alexander ruined it."
"Where's Harry Potter?" "Alexander ruined it."
"What's taking you so long?!" "Alexander likes to wear my shoes and I don't know where he put them!"

Then, sure enough...
"ALEXANDER AND JULIAN! GET YOUR ASSES UP HERE! I will make sure that you have plenty of hard work to do to earn $100+ that you owe your sister...blah blah blah"

Of course, while keeping all of your belongings safe in your room is a major hassle, it does prevent a lot of this BS. But still...they leave their shit out all of the time and we don't ruin it, so, it seems a little unfair.

*shrugs* It sucks, but we'll get them back, some day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back