• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Brink

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Surprised there isn't a thread for this. If there is just post the link and I'll close this one.
Game Overview and Story from developer Slash Damage's site: said:
Overview:
Brink is an immersive first-person shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character whether playing alone, with your friends, or against others online. You decide the combat role you want to assume in the world of Brink as you fight to save yourself and mankind’s last refuge. Brink offers a compelling mix of dynamic battlefields, extensive customization options, and an innovative control system that will keep you coming back for more.
Story:
Brink takes place on the Ark, a man-made floating city that is on the brink of all-out civil war. Originally built as an experimental, self-sufficient and 100% “green” habitat, the reported rapid rise of the Earth’s oceans has forced the Ark to become home to not only the original founders and their descendants but also to thousands of refugees. With tensions between the two groups growing, Security and Resistance forces are locked in a heated battle for control of the Ark. Which side will you choose?

Brink is being published by Bethesda and developed by Splash Damage. It's set to come out on May 17th in North America, May 20th in Europe and Australia, and TBA in Japan for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Yeah but this one has parkour/free-running elements similar to Mirror's Edge. And the story sounds really strong too.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Never heard of it until now, but it looks good I guess. Looks like one of the few FPS's with good story.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Yeah and the multiplayer is actually story driven too. Not just single player with multiplayer tacked on. Could be a lot of fun with friends.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I think there was a thread for this a while ago, actually.

I'm still mildly interested in this game, if only for the free-running aspects.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Been stalking this game since it's inception. All I knew was it was a shooter with Bethesda's name on it, which is all I needed to know. I never made a thread on it, because there seemed to be pretty much no interest from people, and the developers aren't doing a great job of getting it out there to see. So I figured I was just kind of a black sheep for wanting it haha.

When I found out this game made it impossible to get a one hit kill (meaning winning would require not just skill, but strategy), on top of the great character creator/TF2-esque class system combined with CoD-esque gun system/story driven multiplayer/a parkour movement system that makes Mirror's Edge look like shit/the fact that you don't have to make kills or be on the front line to get points....I had to preorder it. And thank god Amazon's preorder bonus is badass, because Gamestops looks awful.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Definately getting this game if I get a job soon, the customization is going to be pretty beast and ill probably get the Amazon or Walmart Bonus.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
I would get this game, but I'm not really into multiplayer games. Though, if this thing turns out to be the prophesied "shit", then maybe, I'll get it :)

Awards
I was in the same boat with quiteMAD as far as not making a thread about it, though following it from Day 1. There's not a thing I've found bad about this game. It just looks incredible, and will be no doubt. Pretty much for reasons described above.

However as far as preorders go, I'll have to disagree with the looks of them, but purely for my own customization preferences. Of course the mask from Amazon is the shit, but that's the only thing going for it. Fallout's not bad, but doesn't catch my fancy. Walmart's is simply too blah for me. Just seems generic. Not to mention I'm definitely on rebel side, even though both have their causes. I actually preordered from Gamestop. I do a lot of ink art in that exact style and I know that had the heavy influence in my decision as it was the shit. Give me the simple, black beanie to go with it and bam.

I prefer very specific elements to craft my character how I want even if it means giving up one 'cool' piece. But if you've seen me talk about character creation in Mass Effect or The Elder Scrolls (though probably not that one) I get a little carried away. The end result is always worth it though.

---
For some Info: (all of this from H0RSE at Fragworld)

1qwzo.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

bG2XT.jpg

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
i've had no interest in this game until seeing orion's post
jesus fuck why the shit did i not see this oh my god it looks fun
The customization looks really fun, especially considering how different you can make yourself look and how EXP is used overall. Parkour mixed in and this looks like a much more fun Killzone to me.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Time to go find a preorder button (at gamestop since i'm just gonna customize my character myself and i actually like gamestop).

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
However as far as preorders go, I'll have to disagree with the looks of them, but purely for my own customization preferences. Of course the mask from Amazon is the shit, but that's the only thing going for it. Fallout's not bad, but doesn't catch my fancy. Walmart's is simply too blah for me. Just seems generic. Not to mention I'm definitely on rebel side, even though both have their causes. I actually preordered from Gamestop. I do a lot of ink art in that exact style and I know that had the heavy influence in my decision as it was the shit. Give me the simple, black beanie to go with it and bam.

The hellspawn tattoo IS pretty rad, but I like the text on the Psycho torso. Appeals to me more -point to name-. But really, all these games tattoos are just...awesome.

Awards
Sorry for the double post but...this is different. I'm so used to games getting pushed back, but the release date for Brink just got pushed up. May 10th is the new date.
Pete Hines, VP of PR and Marketing at Bethesda delivered the good news, saying "Production wrapped on Brink earlier than we planned and we didn't see any reason to keep gamers from getting their hands on this highly anticipated game as soon as it was ready."

I can't ever recall a game getting pushed up before.. least of which by a week. But damned if I'll be the one to complain about it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sorry for the double post but...this is different. I'm so used to games getting pushed back, but the release date for Brink just got pushed up. May 10th is the new date.
Yet another example of ways in which Brink is beneficial to the industry as a whole :)

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
People complaining, game getting not so stellar reviews.

Will rent. If shit sucks, I'll just buy tf2 and L.A. Noire instead instead.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
yah guys, i've heard this game is not so hot `3`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back