• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Brief Info + 3DS Plan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_001

I hope its not kingdom hearts 3, a main title like that would need to be released on console. And i think we're kind of overdue for a console release :p

washi95

You never know, it could turn out to come out on a handheld. Look at Megaman Legends 3, I was expecting the 3rd installment to appear on a console, but it ended up being announced for 3DS. So, anything could happen. But the 3 probably just means something else. I's pretty unlikely this is the 3rd installment, Nomura said he would like for the 3rd installment to be out by the 10th anniversary, but that it wont be happening.

So the 3 probably is related to something else.

Multi_Skyscraper

Awards
Well, from what I can tell of this, what he means is that this is another 'iteration', that is a repetition, meaning yet ANOTHER rethreading of earlier games. My instinctive reaction to this is to nerdrage as only a nerd scorned can rage, because MAN did we not have enough retreads of KH1's story and worlds already?! We've seen him talk about this before, he's said that the timeline for this game will be 'something similar' or something like that, something we've already seen.

As for the characters we will be playing (since it's not Sora)... my guess is that we're going to meet the Data-Sora and Data-Riku from Coded, or at least some kind of characters that resemble but is not actually Sora and Riku. Maybe this will have something to do with the data spoken of in the ending to Coded and Birth By Sleep? I dunno, that's my guess.

EDIT: Also, since someone above me mentioned Legends 3 (oh gosh so excited about that), do note that there are MAJOR differences between a title like Legends 3 and Kingdom Hearts that make them darn near impossible to compare. Megaman Legends was an ultra-niche title with a limited market that would NEVER come out on an advanced console because it is just too expensive to make games on them to take chances with smaller titles.... sad, but true. Kingdom Hearts is a megaselling million-dollar franchise, it can afford to take it's time and get work done on a major release console.

Besides, Nomura has pretty much stated, in his usual vague way, that the next REAL game, the one that will truly continue the story of 2, will be for a major platform. So yeah, I don't think this will be the continuation of 2- it's just another game expanding the world and mythos.

washi95

EDIT: Also, since someone above me mentioned Legends 3 (oh gosh so excited about that), do note that there are MAJOR differences between a title like Legends 3 and Kingdom Hearts that make them darn near impossible to compare. Megaman Legends was an ultra-niche title with a limited market that would NEVER come out on an advanced console because it is just too expensive to make games on them to take chances with smaller titles.... sad, but true. Kingdom Hearts is a megaselling million-dollar franchise, it can afford to take it's time and get work done on a major release console.
Yeah, you've got a point there.

Multi_Skyscraper

Awards
What he said actually kind of implied the opposite...

Really? I dunno, iteration means repetition and I think I read a previous article about 3D that implies we will be traversing familiar territory. Something along the lines of him saying "You will ask yourself 'Did this really happen during that time', and I hope you will be surprised by the answer", which to me implies that we'll be playing... maybe not something that actually takes place during an already seen timeline, but something that will look very similar.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Really? I dunno, iteration means repetition and I think I read a previous article about 3D that implies we will be traversing familiar territory. Something along the lines of him saying "You will ask yourself 'Did this really happen during that time', and I hope you will be surprised by the answer", which to me implies that we'll be playing... maybe not something that actually takes place during an already seen timeline, but something that will look very similar.
The way he talked about it made it sound more like it was closely related with KHIII. "Next iteration" being KH3. he made a few references to the fact that there was the "3" in the title and all of that as well. Not to mention we know it takes place after Re:Coded, will have new worlds and will feature both Riku and Sora as playable characters.... It doesn't really sound like it would simply be a rehash to me.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Can...someone clarify for me what he meant by "You'll grow with the characters...but not Sora or someone you're familiar with"
or sommat

tf guise

I think he's saying is that Riku is the one who will obtain a lot of character development while Sora won't get that much. Atleast that's what I got from it. We already know both characters would be playable so maybe it's a matter of "who gets more development" or "who's most important in this title"

Also, since someone above me mentioned Legends 3 (oh gosh so excited about that), do note that there are MAJOR differences between a title like Legends 3 and Kingdom Hearts that make them darn near impossible to compare. Megaman Legends was an ultra-niche title with a limited market that would NEVER come out on an advanced console because it is just too expensive to make games on them to take chances with smaller titles.... sad, but true. Kingdom Hearts is a megaselling million-dollar franchise, it can afford to take it's time and get work done on a major release console.

Besides, Nomura has pretty much stated, in his usual vague way, that the next REAL game, the one that will truly continue the story of 2, will be for a major platform. So yeah, I don't think this will be the continuation of 2- it's just another game expanding the world and mythos.

I don't really see why it matters if it's a console or a handheld. BBS was a main game and it came out for a handheld. The only real differences I feel with handhelds compared to consoles is a smaller screen and lesser graphics, both of which don't really affect the game's quality at all for me.

jlk2009

hmmm this may be silly but I got that the idea that he was hinting at least a small introduction of the other main character that Im sure nomura said he was going introduce -- he did say that right ? I only think this because he said not Sora and not anyone we're familar with and aren't we familier with riku?

TotemoOishii

It doesn't necessarily mean Riku either, though, and he's already said before that it's not any of the data characters. With how much we see characters that share resemblances, I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who looks like Sora but isn't him. But I don't think we can really imagine the possibilities when there is so little information about this game. And I think Nomura takes joy in giving us only little snippits of the story and laughs at how far off our theories are.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yeah, but some of the theories we come up with are almost right half the time, but as for the KH3D I have no idea what to think..
To much we don't know an we won't get as much info because there still in the process of making it, and that they want us to know little as possible. :) but I agree that whatever happens in the game is going to make us question if this or that happen? That it's not going to be as it seems the story won't be clear until were probably close to done with it. An the theme is "trust". So who knows what it could mean? I'm not going to question it until I know more about KH3D. :)

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It doesn't necessarily mean Riku either, though, and he's already said before that it's not any of the data characters. With how much we see characters that share resemblances, I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who looks like Sora but isn't him. But I don't think we can really imagine the possibilities when there is so little information about this game. And I think Nomura takes joy in giving us only little snippits of the story and laughs at how far off our theories are.
Except, the thing is, we already know that Sora and Riku are the two main playable characters, and that the themes are deeply rooted in them and the game (which is basically what he was referring to when he was talking about that). If t isn't Sora that we will see the development in, then it makes logical sense to assume that it's really Riku.

Radar

Bronze Member
So Nomura confirmed it wasnt any data charecter? Maybe the MF and the new additional boss in BBS:FM (not the Erauqs armour charecter) are related somehow and will have some kind of influence on 3D.

Also Nomura did say that he wanted to fill in Riku's absence, in the dark realm and whatnot, so maybe thats what is going on with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back