• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Breaking up is a hard thing to do

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnknownEnigma

So, instead of a romantic love, what about a less than romantic love? How does one break up with a best friend, or friend, cut the cord, sink the relationship, want nothing more to do? Just wanna hear your general ideas, stories if possible. Im in a bit of a jam myself, i know i cant do it cause itll hurt way too much, least staying in the relationship doesnt hurt as much. So....persons?

T

Tattered Rebirth

Do you mean you're dating your best friend? Or that you're sick of their shenanigans and don't want to be friends?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Well brake ups can go either way, especially if you care for that person dearly.

I had to break up with my most recent ex since she wasn't ready to kiss me after we have been going out for several months D8. I mean we were pretty much BF's before that so interacting with her was a breeze when it was over, like it never happened really.

But some might regret a break up, usually if they really love each other and they broke it off for stupid reasons which most likely results in on and off relationships (went through that too T.T). Generally speaking you don't know what you have until it's gone, sometimes it's for the better or for worse; you don't really know the outcome of the venture.

Do you mean you're dating your best friend? Or that you're sick of their shenanigans and don't want to be friends?

I am wondering the same thing sir, do you need advice or are you just out to get some opinions just for the heck of making a thread?

Ren

adios motherfucker
Well. I remember one time where I told my best friend, "We can't be best friends anymore."
I am also very good at burning bridges, so don't follow that example.

The thing is, you shouldn't really break it to them. Let yourselves drift apart, instead of outright telling them to you don't want to be friends anymore. If you outright tell them, it could cause some really bad feelings and could even affect your existing and future relationships. There's my two cents.

Iridium

Awards
Oh, I misinterpreted, you're talking about being friends and breaking the friendship huh?
Slightly different story then, still for general love I suggest you read my post anyway ^^

Bloodgift

How about it?
Somtimes if you be really annoying they will do it for you....it worked for me, just wasn't my best friend

UnknownEnigma

Oh! Ha it can be either or. Both are welcome. But yeah ive been trying to do the drift away and.....its not working. 4 years and nothing -_-, but things have changed alot. So i guess thats something. Never really in a relationship romantically, but im stil consdiering it, yeah i know "what? you wanna break it off but still want to get with her?" im so messed up. But interetsing input so far!

afrobutt

Silver Member
Uh, is there any reason you don't want to hang out with said person anymore?

Also, can you please start making sense with your sentances? You're, like, talking about some other topic every 2 sentances. Stop that

Nojerom

Resilience
Website
www.facebook.com
You want my advice, for real?

Break up with her now if you don't like her. Wait... Are you a guy? I'm gonna assume that. Well, just break up with her now, cuz it'll be easier to deal.

Trust me. The situation will get worse if I'm right. Cuz it'll happen eventually, and it'll "hurt" way more then. Trust me.

Iridium

Awards
I think you missed it, he's talking about breaking his friend status with someone not a gf/bf relationship <_<

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I had to do that with one of my friends, but my situation was probably very much different than your's. [twas an online friend, so not sure how much my advice can help ^^;]

First, just tell them that you can't be friends anymore. Depending on if you're shy or not, you can either tell them face to face or use an email or something. Telling a person that you're not going to be friends anymore through an email probably isn't the best thing, though, 'cause it doesn't really make you a stronger person. However, if it's easier than talking face to face, go for it. With my friend, he really didn't accept that I said that at first. Your friend might do that, too, but just start breaking off the chain. Gradually stopping talking to them [GRADUALLY; don't stop communication ASAP 'cause that's probably not going to help anything :c] and then they'll get the picture.

Hope that helps!

Iridium

Awards
I hate to nitpick but instead of 'can't' you said "can" >_>
Sorry bout that.

I'm sorta in a similar situation myself. my "best friend" lies to me constantly, ditches me, and goes behind my back and tells people that I'm the one who does it to her and says stuff about her. I've confronted her about it a lot, but the message never gets across. I'm pissed at her so much, but I don't wanna hurt the relationship either because I keep thinking about all the fun times we've had hanging out.

take into consideration if you really want to end the friendship, because you don't want to lose a friend that's close to you. also take into consideration what that person's done to you thats making you feel this way. before breaking off the friendship, though if that's what you're thinking of doing, try confronting him/ her and tell them how you feel about it.

if something happens to my friend and I, I'll let you know and offer more help ^^

Iridium

Awards
Angel, I know this isn't centered on you but I personally think you should confront her about those things.
If you don't want to ruin the relationship that is, if it gets too bad just end it altogether, you can always find a new best friend :)

Angel, I know this isn't centered on you but I personally think you should confront her about those things.
If you don't want to ruin the relationship that is, if it gets too bad just end it altogether, you can always find a new best friend :)

haha I have that's the thing lol the message just doesn't get across

ANYWAY lol try confronting your friend, and see where it goes. maybe he/she will understand and try to stop whatever they're doing. but if it continues then there is a problem with this person.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
I really don't recommend doing anything drastic.

This happened to me once, and I told the girl I really didn't want to be friends and the next day, all of her other friends were giving me dirty looks and talking trash and all that BS.

Just gradually start talking to other people more, and be subtle about it. Otherwise you're going to get a lot of crap.

big don mega

i've been in a situation alittle bit like this, i wasn't trying to get with the friend i wanted to break the friendship with though. him and i have been friends since we were in diapers, but with some of the people he had been hanging out with he has become a bit of a d***. so i just started hanging with other people and only seeing him in small intervals, it works for me

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I broke up with my girlfriend after four days cuz of her parents changing their minds but u know it was good experiance:thumbsup:

UnknownEnigma

lol thanks ANgelsinflight, but i think the title fo the thread is probably doing the confusing. Anywho, yeah im a dude, shes a chick, boy girl best friendship. I was thinking of the gradually shutting things down but for some reason i can see her in my future still. Keep in mind im crazy about her....thats a con for this situation right? Senior year is about to begin, we've been friends since kinder, i suppose its a reasonable time to end it. And this doesnt have to be about me all the time either guys you can bring your stories and such!

Hmmm brings up another good question, can guys and girls really ever be just friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back