• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Breakeven

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberVIII

Important: Please read. This story was NOT written by me. It was written by my older sister. I just thought it was so beautiful that I wanted it to be appreciated.

This is Akuroku BUT. But. Please, please, unless you hate this pairing with the burning fiery passion of a thousand suns, you should at least give it a shot. You may actually like it. Or maybe not LIKE it, but just appreciate it. Or you could hate it, I don't know. My sister has an interesting writing style. I personally think she's absolutely fabulous, but of course I'm biased.

I'd really like to hear what you have to say, even if you're not normally a fan of the pairing. All comments will be passed on to her.

If you like it, she has a few more on fanfiction.net, but hasn't uploaded very many yet.
owlpostagain - FanFiction.Net

Enjoy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sora had never wanted this. He had just wanted to free Kairi's heart, just wanted to see his best friend open her pretty blue eyes again. He hadn't meant to free his own heart, hadn't known that his heart would go off and create a whole new persona for itself, hadn't dreamed that his heart would go ahead and fall in love without him.

He could feel Roxas in him, every day. Roxas in his head, hissing commentary about the organization, Roxas in his hand, summoning their keyblade, Roxas in his limbs, pushing Sora further when he's sure he's reached his limit.

He had never before felt Roxas this all-consuming. Roxas was in his right hand, merciless and fierce, in his left hand, grasping desperately for a keyblade he could no longer summon, in his ears, screaming incoherently, in his eyes, frantically keeping the shock of red hair somewhere in his peripheral vision. Sora was overwhelmed, drowning in the sensory overload of two halves struggling to fill one whole.

Roxas was in his back, pressed against the leather of Axel's cloak, caressing his vocal chords with the slight twinge of sarcasm, lifting his eyelids to widen his eyes as he anticipated, hissing in Sora's ear, the horrifying truth of what Axel was about to do.

And then Roxas invaded his heart.

Sora's knees hit the soft ground with a dull thud; the onslaught of foreign emotion flooding into his heart with an ache that had Sora raking his fingers across his ribs, clawing at his chest.

Roxas was in agony. Sora had had a taste of pain like this before, just once, when he thought Riku and Kairi were dead. The single most important person in Roxas life was dying. Sora let go.

He let Roxas flood his veins, lift his feet, drag their body, closing the gap between them and the fading nobody. Sora let him clench their fingers in the disintegrating coat, made no effort to stem the flow of tears pouring from their eyes. Axel couldn't have known he was talking to Roxas, and not Sora, but from the way he curled a fading hand around their cheek and brushed unsubstantial fingers through the light brown hair he must know.

And Sora realized that Roxas' best friend wasn't dying. Sora didn't know who Roxas' best friend was, it might very well have been Axel too, but the salty tears dripping down their cheeks were for so much more than just a best friend. Roxas had gone ahead and broken the number one rule of a Nobody; he had, in fact, claimed a half of his Other's heart, and used it to fall in love.

Sora had never wanted this to happen. He had never imagined that his simple act of sacrifice could create a whole separate person, a separate person who could walk, could talk, could laugh and cry and thread his fingers through wild red hair. How could he possibly have known that freeing Kairi's heart would break his own, slice it clean through and shatter one half into a thousand tiny pieces? It didn't matter how much of Sora's heart Roxas had, or how much of Roxas' half he had given to the barely visible Axel disintegrating on the floor. Roxas had a heart, and Sora had taken it away. He had never meant for this to happen.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Wow, I'm not a fan of Akuroku, but that was really good. At first I was confused because it was Sora's body, not his heart that made Roxas, but I understood after another paragraph or so. The only mistake I could find is below:

He could feel Roxas in him, every day. Roxas in his head, hissing commentary about the organization, Roxas in his hand, summoning their keyblade, Roxas in his limbs, pushing Sora further when he's sure he's reached his limit.
I think the last part should be 'pushing Sora further when he was sure he'd reached his limit.'

But yeah, that's just my OCD perfectionist side talking, it was really good. I especially liked the paragraph I quoted above.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Okay, I am not really a fan of the AkuRoku pairing, but that was a very good story. I really liked the detail; it kind of made me feel like I was in the story going through the motions with the characters. I also liked the emotion; part of me wanted to cry a little bit, especially at the end. Anyway, great job.

moonstar_xo

Wow, this was awesome! It was unique and different, and I think that's what I like most about it. Job well done to your sister. :3

NumberVIII

Thank you all three of you, I'm really glad you all read and enjoyed it despite not being fans of the pairing. I passed the compliments on to my sister, and she was very pleased. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back