• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bravely Second: End Layer - BDFF 4th Anniversary, teasing upcoming news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Bravely Second: End Layer - Out now!

Those very same people would have probably complained about the scenes if they were left in.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

This honestly looks like a lot of over-reacting to second-hand hearsay. Almost none ​of these people have actually played the game themselves. :I

Well it looked like a fair amount have played the European version in those threads, which is why all these posts are from two months ago and not recently. You can look toward the last few pages of those threads to see some people who have played the game.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Actually a fair amount have played the European version in those threads, which is why all these posts are from two months ago and not recently. You can look toward the last few pages of those threads to see actual people playing the game.
I'm just saying, the majority of the comments are over-the-top reactions to second-hand information. In that first source, the main article is full of hyperbole and clickbait... "butchering" the game and all... and the comments are just as exaggerated to match. It all comes across as a lot of reactionary noise to something that they don't understand.

And Gamefaqs? That place has a reputation for screaming and whining about anything.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I'm just saying, the majority of the comments are over-the-top reactions to second-hand information. In that first source, the main article is full of hyperbole and clickbait... "butchering" the game and all... and the comments are just as exaggerated to match. It all comes across as a lot of reactionary noise to something that they don't understand.

And Gamefaqs? That place has a reputation for screaming and whining about anything.

I'll give you that one, this game wasn't butchered to the amount that FE Fates was.

And hell, I'll give you the GameFaqs one too (however I feel that claim is a little exaggerated, it's not all whining, but that's just me), though if they didn't bother with censoring the game in the vein of 'western regulations' which is completely fictitious, then these conversations wouldn't be happening in the first place. But I digress.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

The bitterness about censorship is strong *cough* moving on!

The official OST is now available on Square Enix's Online Store. Aside other things, I've been reading crash reports. Anyone experience the game crashing?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

The bitterness about censorship is strong *cough* moving on!

The official OST is now available on Square Enix's Online Store. Aside other things, I've been reading crash reports. Anyone experience the game crashing?

That is odd. My game worked perfectly fine and did not have any issues like crashing. This is the first time I hear about something like this.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

The crash reports came from battle gameplay, but it doesn't seem to be plentiful to be a real issue.

Amazon has the game for about $30 currently.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Final Fantasy Network » News » Bravely Default Twitter celebrates 4th anniversary, teasing upcoming news

I was gonna dump it in the BDFF thread but this one was newer

Hopefully this news comes sooner rather than later~

(And if it is a new game, they get 5pb back and they tell them to keep a reign on the multiple timelines/worlds thing because this ain't Steins;Gate and Revo back because ryo's OST was just subpar)

Gosh, that artwork looks really good. Looking at the art I thnk it's clear that the developers know that many love Edea. :D May the iconic Mrgrggg guide us to a new a game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Gosh, that artwork looks really good. Looking at the art I thnk it's clear that the developers know that many love Edea. :D May the iconic Mrgrggg guide us to a new a game.

Assuming it's not a mobile game or another type of media, could it be a Nintendo NX game...? There are rumors flying around that 3rd parties were required to submit trailers to Nintendo with last week as the deadline, and the NX being revealed next week. Time will only tell, but hopefully Bravely becomes a new franchise. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The image has triumphant horns in it so at least it is representing Revo's greatness xD

Every game should just be Edea and Ringabel. If it is an NX game, I'll cry.

At best I'm expecting a concert.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The image has triumphant horns in it so at least it is representing Revo's greatness xD

Every game should just be Edea and Ringabel. If it is an NX game, I'll cry.

At best I'm expecting a concert.

It could be 3DS and NX, what with the 3DS still having life and a large install base.

Hirokey123

Awards
Come on Bravely third/sword: let's wrap up this trilogy with a bang as Edea and Ringabe still have unresolved stories and Magnolia and moon remain unresolved as does yoko and the sword of the brave. Which also means Yew's family story remains unresolved

Recon

Art of War
Awards
All I ask is for a major story improvement. No redundancy pls.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
For someone who hasn't finished Bravely Second yet, that front page has a lot of spoilers! Personally, I think the final game is going to be another 3DS title, only because, the 3DS is still expected to have software available during 2017.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
For someone who hasn't finished Bravely Second yet, that front page has a lot of spoilers! Personally, I think the final game is going to be another 3DS title, only because, the 3DS is still expected to have software available during 2017.

Even though I'm retaining my New3DS XL, I would like the game to be released on NX, too. But the timing of SE's tease with rumors of Nintendo receiving trailers from third parties for NX games has my senses tingling, haha. Square Enix is one of the first companies to get a NX dev kit. We already know Dragon Quest's X and XI have a NX version. But who knows.

And yeah, I need to finish Second's story. I got Bravely burned after playing the first game to death and immediately going through the Second. xD Also, am I the only one that wants a FINAL FANTASY V remake based on the Bravely Engine?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Assuming it's not a mobile game or another type of media, could it be a Nintendo NX game...? There are rumors flying around that 3rd parties were required to submit trailers to Nintendo with last week as the deadline, and the NX being revealed next week. Time will only tell, but hopefully Bravely becomes a new franchise. :)

That could be the case, indeed. It would be interesting to see BD in a more high detail and more gorgeous graphics, but still retaining the art style that made it BD.

I am hoping it will be a new game. Bravely Second opened up some questions and I am hoping that we`ll get answers to them at some point. More of Edea and the gang is also welcome. I disliked Tiz and Agnes in BD, but Bravely Second made me like them very much so I hope that if it will be a new game, it will be with the same cast.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

That could be the case, indeed. It would be interesting to see BD in a more high detail and more gorgeous graphics, but still retaining the art style that made it BD.

I am hoping it will be a new game. Bravely Second opened up some questions and I am hoping that we`ll get answers to them at some point. More of Edea and the gang is also welcome. I disliked Tiz and Agnes in BD, but Bravely Second made me like them very much so I hope that if it will be a new game, it will be with the same cast.

BD was great, but it had its flaws. Like Tiz's and Agnés' characterizations. They felt bland compared with Edea and Ringabel. Yes, I get that Tiz is supposed to be an ordinary young man that decided to go on an adventure to save the world, but they needed to make him more unique, and less ordinary.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

BD was great, but it had its flaws. Like Tiz's and Agnés' characterizations. They felt bland compared with Edea and Ringabel. Yes, I get that Tiz is supposed to be an ordinary young man that decided to go on an adventure to save the world, but they needed to make him more unique, and less ordinary.

Yeah, I think that was my main concern with Tiz in the first game. He felt very bland and there was no fire or kick in him. They improved on his character in the sequel, and made me like him a lot. I loved how Yew was having these huge fanboy moments with Tiz and Tiz was like"Ehhh saving the world, that was nothing." :D

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Yeah, I think that was my main concern with Tiz in the first game. He felt very bland and there was no fire or kick in him. They improved on his character in the sequel, and made me like him a lot. I loved how Yew was having these huge fanboy moments with Tiz and Tiz was like"Ehhh saving the world, that was nothing." :D

HAHAHA yeah, I loved those moments. xD I also forgot to mention that BD got repetitive after a certain point... >_> I haven't been through much of Second, but I hope that isn't the case again.

Back