• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bravely Second: End Layer - BDFF 4th Anniversary, teasing upcoming news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
0K0q6Dd.png

AJgEbwB.png

[video=youtube;2XdDHqcZthc]https://youtu.be/2XdDHqcZthc[/video]

[video=youtube;9akCInPHE_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9akCInPHE_A[/video]​

j5d1w8b.png

DEVELOPERSilicon Studio, Square Enix
PRODUCERTomoya Asano
ARTISTAkihiko Yoshida
WRITERNaotaka Hayashi
COMPOSERRevo
PLATFORMNintendo 3DS
JP RELEASE DATEApril 23, 2015
NA RELEASE DATEApril 15, 2016
EU RELEASE DATEFebruary 26, 2016
AUS RELEASE DATEFebruary 27, 2016
OFFICIAL WEBSITE (JP)BRAVELY SECOND
➤ Visit FINAL FANTASY NETWORK for more news!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Bravely Second - "Use Bravely Second to get Bravely Second"

Excitement! Magnolia looks pretty cool...and maybe a potential pub-goer

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Excitement! Magnolia looks pretty cool...and maybe a potential pub-goer

or a over sexualized kinky maid....who battles monsters

I'm not sure if the lack of any detail is shocking or not. I wonder if the ending to Bravely Default: Flying Fairy had any notion to make another game. It's obvious that Praying Barge most likely had a huge influence to developing a second game. However, I wonder if the ending made notion to develop a second game as well.

If it did, I wonder if the ending in the localized version will make the same notion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

or a over sexualized kinky maid....who battles monsters

Nah, I can see her going on binges and beating up men that get in her way. But mainly I can see her being a Vestal of some crystal...

I wonder if the ending to Bravely Default: Flying Fairy had any notion to make another game. It's obvious that Praying Barge most likely had a huge influence to developing a second game. However, I wonder if the ending made notion to develop a second game as well.

I haven't heard much, but I think it has enough in it to lead-in to another game. They always had plans on making a sequel, though. I think they said this while they were making the original game a few years ago. It was also why they did a flurry of surveys after the game was released (besides getting feedback on the game in general).

Preying Brage seemed to also be a part of their plan for an eventual sequel (and I bet they succeeded because of that lady spending all those thousands on the game rofl), rather than being the influence for it.

If it did, I wonder if the ending in the localized version will make the same notion.

Well there ARE multiple endings and the true ending, I've heard, is quite the shocker.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

So "Bravely Second" is both the official name of the added features we're getting in America (that are named, in Japan's release, as "For the Sequel") AND the name of the actual sequel?

Also, Mags is a cutie~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So "Bravely Second" is both the official name of the added features we're getting in America (that are named, in Japan's release, as "For the Sequel") AND the name of the actual sequel?

Also, Mags is a cutie~

No! You've got it mixed up!

Bravely Second (the feature) - a new feature added in Bravely Default: For The Sequel & the NA/EU version on Bravely Default that allows you to briefly freeze time and attack enemies. You can have a max of 3 SP, 1 SP is replenished every 8 hours by putting your 3DS/2DS in sleep mode while playing the game or you can spend real world money to pay for SP Drinks (what Ringabel is holding in his hand in my avatar) which will replenish all 3 SP at once. This feature isn't necessary to win a battle and is aimed towards more inexperienced gamers who might desire the help. Microtransaction!!!

For The Sequel - the name of the "final mix"/"directors cut"/"definitive" version of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. It's got a bunch of new additions in it, like Bravely Second (the feature), and is the version of the game NA/EU/PAL is receiving. The title of it is very tongue-in-cheek...and because the game is a taste of the gameplay for Bravely Second (the game).

Bravely Second (the game) - a sequel named after a microtransaction feature. or the microtransaction feature is named after the sequel. we shall never know.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

Bravely Second first details, screenshots - Gematsu

Pretty sure the info towards the bottom is what's on the site. If it's translated correctly, it may mean Tiz, Agnes, Idea and Ringabel will be back! I was/am worried about a time skip like Praying Brage that puts us past their lifetimes. Also, that music! Sound Horizon/Revo vocals for the sequel!? I know they did some remixes that added vocals, but it would be nice to have them from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Please don't forget to use spoiler tags! The first game hasn't even been released in North America yet, and barely a week in EU/PAL so really anything we get from Bravely Second is a huge spoiler (even the basic stuff that seems so dumb to spoil tag.) And people haven't really tried out Praying Brage so...yeah.

Yes that stuff is translated correctly. Gematsu has the best translators.

I love Magnolia's name. Magnolia Arch, another "pun" rofl. Tiz Arrior (Warrior or something...), Agnes Oblige (Holy Obligation...to the crystals), Edea Lee ("Ideally"), Ringabel. Airy (Fairy...Air. She's the Cryst Fairy of the Wind Crystal)

Magnolias are known to represent beautiful women, also in Japan they are a symbol of life and nature.

Moon nation...Devil King. I'm kind of excited already!

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

I feel like they may be going down a FFIV route. Last of the moon tribe, devil king from the moon..yeah. And if anyone is trying to keep the main/playable characters of a game a surprise, I pray for their sanity. That's going to be a really hard thing to do, I'm not even that dedicated!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I feel like they may be going down a FFIV route. Last of the moon tribe, devil king from the moon..yeah. And if anyone is trying to keep the main/playable characters of a game a surprise, I pray for their sanity. That's going to be a really hard thing to do, I'm not even that dedicated!

We don't know if they will be playable, though, which is why I err towards keeping this a spoiler-safe environment for right now especially since most of the non-Japanese audience has no clue how BDFF ends. What if some character died in BDFF but low and behold they are in B2nd?

This is the Steins;Gate writer we're talking about. It is REALLY best to be safe than sorry. :x It'd be different if the localized version had been out for awhile...

Yeah, I was thinking about FFIV...Also the magic school makes me think of Type-0 a lot xD

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I hope the gap between localizing Bravely Second will be a lot less than the first game. I think most likely it would be shorter. Bravely Default has been getting many positive reviews from many sites.

zachen

Awards

So I am thinking of trying out this series, just how good is it?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So I am thinking of trying out this series, just how good is it?

The first game only just came out in EU/PAL (Feb for NA), but if you are looking for something close to classic FF this is a great game. If you aren't, this is still a great game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It does contain spoilers of the end of the game and a certain character's fate.

ANYWAYS. I love it. I love it. ;A; I want it so much...

Recon

Art of War
Awards

However, I wonder if the ending made notion to develop a second game as well.

There's apparently a teaser trailer for Second after the credits for Default. It's also dubbed in english.
Looks likes that answers that :D

I watched it in awe. It totally felt like a bioshock moment though, but that may just be me.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Show time! Except it really didn't show anymore than we already know :/

Back