• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bravely Default II - Or is it Bravely 3 technically? February 2021

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

This was announced at The Game Awards tonight. Apparently taking place on a new world with new Heroes of Light, releasing for Switch next year at some point. Revo returns for soundtrack duties as well.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I still have yet to play End Layer outside of the demo, but I find the BD universe so charming. I'll be on the lookout for more.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I am really confused by this title. Did Bravely Second do so bad that Square needed a do over?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I am really confused by this title. Did Bravely Second do so bad that Square needed a do over?
It's the same situation as Xenoblade Chronicles. They had a 1, then X, then 2. It could have to do with sales or it could just be they don't think End Layer is seperate enough to be counted as a full "seperate game". It's the Final Fantasy X-2 while BD2 is the next "actual" one. Not that End Layer is bad, they probably just think of it as Bravely Default part 2.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I am really confused by this title.
I am also confused by the title. End Layer's ending teased what could have been the title: Bravely Sword. I was a fan of Bravely Third or Thirdly. I am also confused as to... who are these peeps? And why change the artsyle?

Did Bravely Second do so bad that Square needed a do over?
According to VGChartz, Flying Fairy shipped 1.40 million units worldwide. According to Wikipedia, End Layer has sold 700,000 units worldwide by April 2017. And again, according to Wikipedia, End Layer was the best performing game of Japan and the US in its respective first weeks in each region, but didn't have the same sales figures as Flying Fairy.

Again, this is all from VGChartz and Wikipedia, but judging from what they're doing, I think they may be soft-resetting the franchise. Guess we won't see the conclusion to Ringabel's adventures as a buster of world scale monsters.

By the way, I totally missed this trailer in the Game Awards.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Artstyle isn't that different and it's like I said: new world and new heroes.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Artstyle isn't that different and it's like I said: new world and new heroes.
Guess they might turn Bravely into its own FINAL FANTASY.

---

Edit:

I just realized there may be a possibility that this is Bravely Third. We may start in their own world, but then change into the world of Second, seeing as how the second game ended with the tease of Ringabel being part of a Universe Police.

Last edited:

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah, for a game series that plays hard and fast with different worlds it wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
My guess is that "II" will have another "I" added when it's revealed in the story that this seemingly standalone game is indeed a sequel to the previous titles.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, for a game series that plays hard and fast with different worlds it wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.
My guess is that "II" will have another "I" added when it's revealed in the story that this seemingly standalone game is indeed a sequel to the previous titles.
Hopefully. It makes zero sense for the devs to completely scrap or postpone the story they were telling with the second game.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Bravely Threefault.

The style looks very much in line with what they've been doing, just a touch updated. Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll port the others to the Switch. If they could utilize your TV and Switch screens at the same time to function like the DS's, that'd be pretty bomb.

Last edited:

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I'm wondering if they'll bring back the rebuilding thing and what they'll do in lieu of streetpass.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Bravely Threefault.

The style looks very much in line with what they've been doing, just a touch updated. Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll port the others to the Switch. If they could utilize your TV and Switch screens at the same time to function like the DS's, that'd be pretty bomb.
Unless they create a special accessory for the Switch that fits into the dock and processes the same game you're playing on the Switch itself, then I say that's impossible.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Meh. Just spitballing. They'd probably just end up doing an overlay for the map / battle menu

Recon

Art of War
Awards
That ain’t Agnes. But hey, they got Revo to do more music pieces.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Bravely Threefault.
Watch it be about three people responsible for ruining worlds.

I wonder if they'll port the others to the Switch.
I hope they will. And if they do, update Flying Fairy's mechanics with End Layer's. Grinding in Second was more fun.
If they could utilize your TV and Switch screens at the same time to function like the DS's, that'd be pretty bomb.
I presume this is what they may want to accomplish with a possible Switch successor.

I'm wondering if they'll bring back the rebuilding thing and what they'll do in lieu of streetpass.
I loved that feature. Maybe they could build their own online structure with it?

That ain’t Agnes. But hey, they got Revo to do more music pieces.
To my understanding, Revo has been involved always in every project.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Bravely Second may have reused music from Default but all the new songs were by ryo of supercell. Revo wasn't involved due to scheduling issues iirc.

CutiePique

Awards
[happily adds another game to her 2020-game-buy-list] Nifty~

Right? Honestly I'd be more surprised if there weren't title/title-screen shenanigans again.

...This has gotten me a'thinkin' and theorizin' but I don't wanna; it's another Bravely and it's actually on a console this time, I'm already intrigued enough. Lemme have a sweet demo and a sweet collector's edition to consider getting and I'll take it from there~

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Bravely Second may have reused music from Default but all the new songs were by ryo of supercell. Revo wasn't involved due to scheduling issues iirc.
Thanks for the clarification. No wonder the soundtrack isn't as impressie as Dfault's.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I have mixed feelings about the protagonist designs but the thief girl is pretty amazing.

Back