• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Braces: Get straight teeth, eat nothing you love. :B

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I just got my braces on Wednesday, and it's hate-love with me... I know that if I keep up good diet and hygiene habits, I can have a purty set of pearly whites. :D But having them is soooo annoying.

I literally take 15 minutes to completely brush my teeth. x.x I also have these wires, bands, etc. poking my mouth. D:< But the worst thing is dietary changes. NO SODA! At least this is what my orthodontist said. And the list goes on, and on... Every food I love, I cannot touch for 18 months.

Now, should I be as strict as he says about my diet? And could anyone give me any sort of tip?

Oh, and if you've had them, share your experience with braces. ;)UI

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
i love having natural straight teeth ;D

you should probably follow it
maybe soda once in a while

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
i love having natural straight teeth ;D

you should probably follow it
maybe soda once in a while

The last tooth I lost grew in crooked... :/ All because of that. The rest of my teeth were great. I guess it's a game of luck whether or not you need 'em.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I currently have braces and right now, I eat those peanuts, drink soda, chew gum and then I had to visit the orthodontist the other day.
You know what he said?
"You're doing great, 6 months ahead of schedule" Oh yeah

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Soda every once in a while is okay, but you can't drink it as freely anymore. I mean, who wants braces and rotting teeth, amirite? Be glad it's just 18 months; it could be worse ^^;

When I first got braces, I was given a kit full of different brushes and the like, but more importantly, edible wax. If you have poking wires, instead of having to back to the ortho to get it fixed, you can get a small piece of it and stick it on the end. If you don't already have some, I recommend asking about it next time.

Having braces was...annoying. But it was mainly because my orthodontist is a douche and favors small children instead of...everyone in general.

Narukami

Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I currently have braces and right now, I eat those peanuts, drink soda, chew gum and then I had to visit the orthodontist the other day.
You know what he said?
"You're doing great, 6 months ahead of schedule" Oh yeah

Grrr.
Maybe I should not hold myself so tightly... My mom's the problem, she'll make sure I don't eat nothing I can't. >.>

αsiя

space coke
You'll get used to it sooner or later, but right when you start getting used to it, you get an appointment and they fucking fuck around with them and it hurts like a bitch again, but only if you don't treat em good like me.

Yuni

Banned
haha I got braces during freshmen year in high school it was a pain, but I still have them on but they are behind my teeth now (I know isn't that messed up?)

Narukami

Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Soda every once in a while is okay, but you can't drink it as freely anymore. I mean, who wants braces and rotting teeth, amirite? Be glad it's just 18 months; it could be worse ^^;

When I first got braces, I was given a kit full of different brushes and the like, but more importantly, edible wax. If you have poking wires, instead of having to back to the ortho to get it fixed, you can get a small piece of it and stick it on the end. If you don't already have some, I recommend asking about it next time.

Having braces was...annoying. But it was mainly because my orthodontist is a douche and favors small children instead of...everyone in general.

The wax is godsent. I already used it all though :/

Yuni

Banned
αsiя;5210579 said:
You'll get used to it sooner or later, but right when you start getting used to it, you get an appointment and they fucking fuck around with them and it hurts like a bitch again, but only if you don't treat em good like me.

hes pretty much right about that, you'll get used to it, soon you won't even feel them in your teeth.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Grrr.
Maybe I should not hold myself so tightly... My mom's the problem, she'll make sure I don't eat nothing I can't. >.>

Haha, well I take care of everything else, it's just... they said no peanut M&M's and I just flipped out...

Narukami

Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Haha, well I take care of everything else, it's just... they said no peanut M&M's and I just flipped out...

No soda made me mad... I am now dreading my next appointment, I don't wanna get them fcuking fcuked with! >:O

Oh, and did anyone get sensitivity to really cold things with em?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
No soda made me mad... I am now dreading my next appointment, I don't wanna get them fcuking fcuked with! >:O

Oh they will fuck them
Prepare for it

Yes, Cold water makes me spasm from the pain

Yuni

Banned

at frist I did I couldn't eat apples it felt to weird, but now I can eat anything.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Imma scared. :/

Whew, I thought something was wrong when I drank iced tea and my teeth literally flipoed **** on me.

There is a phrase called "tightening"
Thats probably the worse part

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I have to get braces this fall probaly. I don`t think it`s that my teeth aren`t straight, I think it`s that my mouth is too small for all my teeth so they have to shift them. I`m looking forward to getting the braces on and off as fast as possible since I have to have them.

impart

Climb The Sky
my advise to you. (and its good advise)

eat whatever the fcuk you want,
and I cannot stress this enough
drink soda, chew gum (carefully, but not that carefully) , eat chips, candy, carmal, fudge
eat anything you want.
(except maybe stay away from white bread, or corn on the cobb. just because its not worth it)

ive got braces they told me two years
its been 3 and a half, and it dosnt look like they will be off anytime soon
im so pissed im ready to just try and take em off with a damn screwdriver.
or hold my orthodontist at gunpoint and tell him to remove them or DIE

so advice

*get wax to put over the parts that poke you. dentek makes it.
Brace_Wax.jpg

you can get it at like target and wall mart, and places like that

*this-
oral%20b%20interdental%20brush.bmp

you can get them at target/wallmart too
*wear your rubberbands when you get them, I know it sucks, and its gay but the more you wear them the faster they will be off, just do it. itll become habit eventually.
*bring around a small mirror with you, . so you can check if there's stuff in your teeth.
*I know its gross, but I dont even bother flossing. I brush my teeth really good everyday(15 min)
its a fcuking long time but in all my three years I haven't had any cavities by just doing that
*and lastly you will play with the teeth's that hurt. the faster you lern to just leve them alone the less pain you will suffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back