• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Braces: Get straight teeth, eat nothing you love. :B

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Wait, people actually refrain from eating popcorn with braces? I didn't eat it for like two months ('cause I'm a goody-two-shoes at heart) and then said screw that and ate it dozens of times in the seven total years I've had appliances in my mouth. Seriously, as long as you don't bite a kernel, you're fine. It's pretty much impossible to break your braces on just normal popcorn, though it can be a bit irritating if it's stuck in your teeth.

Whatever, I'm just glad I'm almost done with all the orthodontist crap. I currently only wear my top retainer at night, which is sweet, though I've noticed that my teeth shift out of place every single day. Then I have one of those nifty back-of the teeth wire retainers for the bottom teeth. That thing's awesome; I never even notice it.

I've had braces for a week and ate popcorn last night.

*Guilty laugh

But 7 years!? By george! Makes my 18 months sound minute. :D But I'll probably need a retainer post-braces. I also have to get expanders next appointment. >_<

impart

Climb The Sky
fyi expander's hurt like a bitch.
one of the most painful parts of braces. but they only usually give um to you at the beginning of your braces, so it will be done with, and they shouldn't make you do it anymore after.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Enjoy having to wash your mouth after lunch every day.

And then being late to class and getting a tardy and never getting a girlfriend....

impart

Climb The Sky
I never decided not to go out with a guy because he had braces. Its never been a factor, and on the other side- I never had trouble getting a boyfriend because I had braces.

khlover7

I might return
My teeth don't really need them, but I have lots of friends with them and it doesn't seem fun. I probably get wear a retainer or something when my wisdom teeth come.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
pssh it takes me 30 minutes to brush them. >_>

it's even worse once you get your retainers, because you start to get lazy to take care of your teeth and you often end up skipping a day of brushing teeth, and even a few days of wearing retainers. @_@;; uggh I hate how I have to brush my retainers every single night. I just wanna get out of the bathroom ASAP and go to sleep right away.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Don't worry,. I just got my braces a month or two ago, and they bhurt at first, ESPECIALLY the jagged points hurting the inside of my mouth. But, you'll get used to it. In fact, I just got my braces tightened today, and they're fine. You just gotta give them time.

As for food, I wouldn't drink soda. Very bad for your teeth. But, if you have the patience to pick it out of your teeth, which isn;t always if you chew in the back, you can have stuff like popcorn, pretzels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back