• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Braces: Get straight teeth, eat nothing you love. :B

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
yeah but its a nuisance, that after awhile is hard to bear,
the constant jabbing at your cheeks, cuts, getting food stuck in them every time you eat anything
and you better pray you dont get hit in the mouth
dont get into fist fights- more advice
when I was in colorguard I got whacked in the mouth doing a blade double with my sabre and my freaking lip got stuck to them.
wasn't that bad tho I just waited awhile and it un-stuck. and it bled, and I went back to practice within 10 minutes and tried not to bled on my flag XD but it could have been a whole hell of allot worse. ive herd terrible, terrible things involving and baseball bats. ugh

I was on a rope swing the other day (I live on a river) and when I swung off, the rope smacked me in the face, which caused a huge gash in the inside of my cheek. EPIC FAIL.

I can just imagine all of the embarrassing moments I'm gonna have with them...

impart

Climb The Sky
^ ow dude. that really sucks :[
you shouldn't be embarrassed though, its not your fault at all

yeah, okay I JUST got back form getting my wisdom teeth out

the numbing shots didn't hurt, like I thought they would, witch is good. they were just pinches, and it feels really numb and wired after

but as for the removal of the teeth
im not gonna lie, it fcuking sucked!
maybe they didn't numb it enough,
it basically feels like what it is
they cut your skin a little, then break your tooth and pull it out
except minus allot of the pain
but it still hurts, (not allot though)
I could kind of hear/feel the root breaking, like it does when your wiggling out a louse baby tooth when your a kid
well only one side actually hurt, even though it was numbed more than the other, it still hurt a whole hell of allot more,
the other side was okay, not unbearable.
it took about maybe 45 minutes for the whole thing.
the two top ones
and it hurts after, and its bleeding allot, I cant talk. my jaw hurts from biting down on gauze, and my entire mouth is numb. I just took pills that will probably make me fall asleep very soon

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Never had braces and hopefully, I never will. I only have this one slightly crooked tooth and my dentist said I could have braces to straighten that one tooth if I wanted it. I said no because one crooked tooth is (hopefully) nothing. Other than that, naturally straight teeth ftw
yeah, okay I JUST got back form getting my wisdom teeth out

the numbing shots didn't hurt, like I thought they would, witch is good. they were just pinches, and it feels really numb and wired after

but as for the removal of the teeth
im not gonna lie, it fcuking sucked!
maybe they didn't numb it enough,
it basically feels like what it is
they cut your skin a little, then break your tooth and pull it out
except minus allot of the pain
but it still hurts, (not allot though)
I could kind of hear/feel the root breaking, like it does when your wiggling out a louse baby tooth when your a kid
well only one side actually hurt, even though it was numbed more than the other, it still hurt a whole hell of allot more,
the other side was okay, not unbearable.
it took about maybe 45 minutes for the whole thing.
the two top ones
and it hurts after, and its bleeding allot, I cant talk. my jaw hurts from biting down on gauze, and my entire mouth is numb. I just took pills that will probably make me fall asleep very soon
... oh geez, I do NOT want my wisdom teeth now. Actually, I never wanted my wisdom teeth after all those scary stories I've heard about the pain after the surgery. And how you can't eat like, anything. And dry socket; my cousin had two of those. I'm probably going to dread the day my wisdom teeth start to grow. Hope I don't have to get them removed or something.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
My dentist told me I have perfect teeth.

Do I still need to get my wisdoms pulled out??? D:

impart

Climb The Sky
well yeah, mine had to be pulled because they were pushing onto my my others

if your older and they dont bother you or they haven't even come out yet, and you're having no problems with your jaw (it doesn't hurt, or lock) its possible they will grow in straight
my wisdom tooth on the bottom isn't likely to even come out

just pop into the dentist and get an x-ray, its the only way to know. mine that needed to be taken out didn't cause me any problems, but as they grew they eventually would have...

KHeart

I am 17 and don't get my braces off till a little bit after my 21st birthday.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
My dentist told me I have perfect teeth.

Do I still need to get my wisdoms pulled out??? D:

It depends. My wisdom teeth are growing in straight - they're not impacted (meaning pushing against my other teeth) or anything like that - but I don't know if I'll have enough room for them. They don't bother me at all, but my ortho's a little concerned that it will be difficult to clean around them.

When I say "little" I dont mean like 8
I believe I was 12, and my wisdom teeth were taken out

How the hell...? Dude, your wisdom teeth don't start growing in until you're at LEAST 17.

And in my book, 12 is still little.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Got mine in June of last year, got them off in April of this year.
Not even a year, fcuk yeah. No bands either so it wasn't too bad. It's just the damn retainer you're stuck with for 'life'

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
Got mine in June of last year, got them off in April of this year.
Not even a year, fcuk yeah. No bands either so it wasn't too bad. It's just the damn retainer you're stuck with for 'life'

Actually, the retainer doesn't bother me all that much. I have the Invisalign kind and I just let them soak in Polident during the day (yes, the same stuff you clean dentures with, but believe me, it works), then put them in at night. I think there's only been about...6 times I've not worn them since getting my braces off when I was a sophomore in high school.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Actually, the retainer doesn't bother me all that much. I have the Invisalign kind and I just let them soak in Polident during the day (yes, the same stuff you clean dentures with, but believe me, it works), then put them in at night. I think there's only been about...6 times I've not worn them since getting my braces off when I was a sophomore in high school.

Yeah that's basically what I have. I'm pretty lazy wearing it, but since my teeth weren't really all that bad to begin with they're not really shifting so much now

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
Yeah that's basically what I have. I'm pretty lazy wearing it, but since my teeth weren't really all that bad to begin with they're not really shifting so much now

I just wear it out of habit. My teeth don't shift that much, but I'm one of those people who get kind of weirded out if there's a change in my routine. Plus my ortho encourages me to wear it nightly anyway.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
My braces have straightened my teeth well since I've got them in 2006. And I still ate everything I loved. Gum, candy, popcorn, etc. I can't, however, bite into apples.

Apollo

Silver Member
I remember the days of not being able to eat anything solid and living off of yogurt everytime they tightened them. Otherwise I was never really hurting, I don't like to eat or drink most of the shit you are not suppose to.

Sparks

gone
I have braces right now. I got them in May of last year, and my teeth have moved so much in that amount of time. I used to have awful looking teeth until I got them, and then now my teeth are perfectly straight. I'm supposed to get my braces off this month, but since my orthodontist is being a perfectionist, (which is ok) I might have them for longer, even though I wanted to get them off before school started. In this last month I grew to hating my braces. I hated my rubber bands, I hated everything about them, just because I really wanted them off, and I knew they will be coming off soon.

My mom said that after I get them off, I can buy a giant bag of swedish fish, I can get popcorn again at the movies, and chew down as many snicker bars as I want. I missed those so much with my braces. </3

Fortissimo

I am 17 and don't get my braces off till a little bit after my 21st birthday.

Well that sucks.

I need braces, my bottom teeth are effed up and so are the very front of my top row. But like you, I am 17 and don't want to deal with that. I want the plastic type that you can remove.

A friend of mine had braces and I remember sitting in her bathroom, watching her spend forever brushing her teeth, and crying when that metal cut up her mouth, and sneaking gum and popcorn to eat. Then she had to wear a retainer forever after that...

impart

Climb The Sky
How long do i have to wear braces since, i have an under-bite my friends told me 4 years which kinda creeped me out because i don't wanna wear them till i'm 20

yeah, youll most likely be wearing them a bit longer than normal, once they fix your bite ask them if they can put chains on you early, they hurt, but they get it done faster. then wear your rubber bands ALL the time. should cut your time down

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Wait, people actually refrain from eating popcorn with braces? I didn't eat it for like two months ('cause I'm a goody-two-shoes at heart) and then said screw that and ate it dozens of times in the seven total years I've had appliances in my mouth. Seriously, as long as you don't bite a kernel, you're fine. It's pretty much impossible to break your braces on just normal popcorn, though it can be a bit irritating if it's stuck in your teeth.

Whatever, I'm just glad I'm almost done with all the orthodontist crap. I currently only wear my top retainer at night, which is sweet, though I've noticed that my teeth shift out of place every single day. Then I have one of those nifty back-of the teeth wire retainers for the bottom teeth. That thing's awesome; I never even notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back