• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Braces: Get straight teeth, eat nothing you love. :B

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
When I first got braces, it wasn't even that bad. My mouth was a little sore, but other than that, I was fine. I just hated getting them tightened.

I'm kind of scared though - my ortho says I'm going to have to end up getting my wisdom teeth out, and for some reason the thought of undergoing surgery scares me shitless (I've never been put to sleep before, and I've never had any kind of surgery before other than one or two fillings and an extraction of a half-falling out baby tooth).

impart

Climb The Sky
When I first got braces, it wasn't even that bad. My mouth was a little sore, but other than that, I was fine. I just hated getting them tightened.

I'm kind of scared though - my ortho says I'm going to have to end up getting my wisdom teeth out, and for some reason the thought of undergoing surgery scares me shitless (I've never been put to sleep before, and I've never had any kind of surgery before other than one or two fillings and an extraction of a half-falling out baby tooth).

mine told me to get um out too. im going tomorrow :O

impart

Climb The Sky
I'm terrified - and it's something I don't even have to worry about for months.

well, youre going to be passed out for it, and itll hurt for a few days.
i try not to worry because almost everyone has to do it eventually

theyre not going to knock me out for mine,

witch I dont know how to feel about

I guess its just a numbing, then they take em out while im awake.
they can sugar coat it all thy want but ive had a tooth removed before, I remember how much the numbing shot hurts. I was 7 and i still remember

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

they can sugar coat it all thy want but ive had a tooth removed before, I remember how much the numbing shot hurts. I was 7 and i still remember

Gulp, you've all scared me into perfect dental hygiene.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

THE FFFFFF-?

Well, I will DEMAND that I be put to sleep before any shots are given or else I'm hauling ass to a different surgeon.

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah, my mom said it hurt so bad because theyre supposed to give you the shot beside the nerve, and they missed, but Im not going to go trusting they wont this time. lol

if your passed out I hear you just wake up and it hurts, but then they give you very strong pain killers

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
yeah, my mom said it hurt so bad because theyre supposed to give you the shot beside the nerve, and they missed, but Im not going to go trusting they wont this time. lol

if your passed out I hear you just wake up and it hurts, but then they give you very strong pain killers

Well I've done this before when I was little and basically, they knock you out, and you shouldn't feel any pain mind you, take out your tooth, then go home.
You'll be very numb in the mouth though

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Getting wisdom teeth out wasn't that bad for me. My teeth were a little sore (sorta like getting braces for the first time), and my cheeks swelled up a tad, but nothing else happened. I was playing in a tennis tournament three days later, so it obviously wasn't that painful or long-lasting. It was weird being knocked out, though. One minute the doctor was telling me that I would be getting sleepy, and the next minute I woke up about a half an hour later. I don't remember falling unconscious, and apparently I woke up earlier than I remember and I babbled about wanting to leave.

As for braces, I've had them twice, along with two expanders, three retainers, rubber bands, and invisalign. Basically: my teeth are impossible. I got both expanders and braces when I was in fifth grade, and my teeth got straightened, and they gave me a retainer for a while. Then my baby teeth fell out and I had to do it all over again.

Recently, my orthodontist has messed up teeth in every way possible. I broke a brace off one of my teeth, and he told me to ignore it. Then, the teeth around the broken one pushed in front, so that the one tooth was behind the others. To fix it, they strapped a spring between the two side teeth and an elastic band to pull the back tooth forward. Then they gave me only one rubber band, which I wore religiously. I wore it so much that it turned my entire mouth sideways. What the heck? So then they gave me the other band and told me to stop wearing the first. I wore the second one until my mouth was straight again (2 days), and then never wore it again because I didn't want my mouth to turn the other way. The orthodontist congratulated me on wearing the band so well...

When I finally got my retainer, my teeth suddenly shifted (even though I wore the retainer all the time). He said it was probably the retainer that did it. So I got Invis-align because I didn't want braces again (in reality, I didn't want anything, and my parents made me get it). The orthodontist told me I could eat with it in, so I did. Except the food stuck in the invisalign all day caused my teeth to rot and get bleached bright white in small patches, surrounded by tan color. Another what the heck. So they've finally fixed all that and I have a retainer again. Except my teeth still aren't exactly straight. Whatever, I'm not doing that crap a fourth time.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
At least I'll be getting good shit out of the deal. :|

Well I've done this before when I was little and basically, they knock you out, and you shouldn't feel any pain mind you, take out your tooth, then go home.
You'll be very numb in the mouth though
Getting your wisdom teeth cut out is different than getting a baby tooth extracted...

Getting wisdom teeth out wasn't that bad for me. My teeth were a little sore (sorta like getting braces for the first time), and my cheeks swelled up a tad, but nothing else happened. I was playing in a tennis tournament three days later, so it obviously wasn't that painful or long-lasting. It was weird being knocked out, though. One minute the doctor was telling me that I would be getting sleepy, and the next minute I woke up about a half an hour later. I don't remember falling unconscious, and apparently I woke up earlier than I remember and I babbled about wanting to leave.

I talked to my ortho today about it and he said that it really isn't that big of a deal, that I'd be asleep through the whole thing, and that I'd have about 24 hours of discomfort. But like if I got my wisdom teeth taken out on a Friday, I could be back in class on Monday with little to no discomfort.

Jolts

All of you guys with your horror stories have nothing on my older sister. She had her braces on for five years, and when she got her wisdom teeth removed she had two dry sockets.
Braces really aren't that bad once you get used to them, it hurts a ton for the first few weeks but after that you can pretty much ignore them. My advice: you can have all the food that's been banned as long as it's in moderation and you clean your teeth afterwards, and when the wires poke you just use the wax.

Shadow Key

*pats back* I haven't decided if I hate or love my braces yet. I think I look great with them, but when they're adjusted, they hurt like a mofo.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
All of you guys with your horror stories have nothing on my older sister. She had her braces on for five years, and when she got her wisdom teeth removed she had two dry sockets.

Thank you so fcking much, I feel SO much better about getting my wisdom teeth removed now. /heavy sarcasm

Braces really aren't that bad once you get used to them, it hurts a ton for the first few weeks but after that you can pretty much ignore them. My advice: you can have all the food that's been banned as long as it's in moderation and you clean your teeth afterwards, and when the wires poke you just use the wax.

My braces didn't hurt that bad when I first got them. The first day or two my mouth was sore, then as time went on it got down to just a bit of a nuisance, and then finally I just got used to them.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Never been to dentist (thanks mom) and I don't think I'm one of those people whose wisdom teeth grow in uncomfortably, or whatever. Thought I would have noticed it by now. Maybe I need braces? Worst I got is a tooth near the front, sort of pused up from thumb sucking as a child. I always thoug that my drinking a huge abundance of water somehow stopped me teeth from rotting from plaque over the years, or something, if that's possible. That or I am extraordinarily lucky.

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah but its a nuisance, that after awhile is hard to bear,
the constant jabbing at your cheeks, cuts, getting food stuck in them every time you eat anything
and you better pray you dont get hit in the mouth
dont get into fist fights- more advice
when I was in colorguard I got whacked in the mouth doing a blade double with my sabre and my freaking lip got stuck to them.
wasn't that bad tho I just waited awhile and it un-stuck. and it bled, and I went back to practice within 10 minutes and tried not to bled on my flag XD but it could have been a whole hell of allot worse. ive herd terrible, terrible things involving and baseball bats. ugh

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
At least I'll be getting good shit out of the deal. :|

Getting your wisdom teeth cut out is different than getting a baby tooth extracted...

I talked to my ortho today about it and he said that it really isn't that big of a deal, that I'd be asleep through the whole thing, and that I'd have about 24 hours of discomfort. But like if I got my wisdom teeth taken out on a Friday, I could be back in class on Monday with little to no discomfort.

When I say "little" I dont mean like 8
I believe I was 12, and my wisdom teeth were taken out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back