• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Braces -__-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Musical charm

ok, before I start anything, I'm sorry if this has been posted before, if so, can you give me the link to the thread?

anyways, I was wondering if braces hurt alot the first day you get them, I'll be getting mines on tuesday, but on that same day, I have to go to my clarinet lessons, so I was also wondering if when I do get my braces, will there be so much pain that I won't be able to like do anything, like play on my instrument?

again, sorry if this has been posted before.

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
The first day I got my braces, to be honest, they were a bit painful. I couldn't really eat food because they were so uncomfortable. But in a few days, I just got used to them, it sometimes doesn't even seem like they're there. But you might feel discomfort when you first get them. I did, and I know my sister did.

Speaking of braces, today was actually the day I got them off! It actually feels weird having them off...

Sparks

gone
Yeah, after you get braces, it kills your teeth whenever you eat. I had a hard time eating bread they hurt so much, but if you eat alot of like soup and stuff it seems just fine. As long as you really don't put pressure on them. Also, when you play an instrument after you get braces, there are going to be some problems at first. Then once you get more used to them it will be fine. The pain won't affect your instrument, just the way you play it. Say you had a trumpet that you needed to buzz air into since that's how you play it, it will be much harder to get the air into it. You just have to get used to them. I've had mine for about 2 years now, and I can do anything that I could before I got them on.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Braces are reasonably painful the first few days. Anything that requires pressure on your teeth is a no-no.

Musical charm

Yeah, after you get braces, it kills your teeth whenever you eat. I had a hard time eating bread they hurt so much, but if you eat alot of like soup and stuff it seems just fine. As long as you really don't put pressure on them. Also, when you play an instrument after you get braces, there are going to be some problems at first. Then once you get more used to them it will be fine. The pain won't affect your instrument, just the way you play it. Say you had a trumpet that you needed to buzz air into since that's how you play it, it will be much harder to get the air into it. You just have to get used to them. I've had mine for about 2 years now, and I can do anything that I could before I got them on.

oh, thanks

http://forums.khinsider.com/general...et-straight-teeth-eat-nothing-you-love-b.html

your not going to want to play the clarinet
initial teeth soreness goes away in 3-5 days.

if they give you a bite plate it'll hut for at least a week.

not trying to scare you, just prepare for the worst.

k, thanks for the link, and yes I know, I've been preparing for the worst ever since I got those dam spacers or whatever they're called in my mouth.

impart

Climb The Sky
^ no problem :D
the spacers are one of the wost things you gotta go through.
it doesn't get much worse than that. until rubberbands

Musical charm

^ no problem :D
the spacers are one of the wost things you gotta go through.
it doesn't get much worse than that. until rubberbands

oh the horror, I wonder how I'm gonna do the clarinet lessons that same day I get my braces...meh, I'll just take some pain killers before and after I get my braces and go to my lessons. oh, and what are rubberbands? (I've been hearing that alot for when you get braces)(noob question -_-)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Don't eat a hamburger right after! Actually don't eat anything that you have to chew too much. Stick with smoothies and stuff, I didn't and oh god it hurt. They get pretty easy after the first little bit, hell I threw that "don't eat bubblegum and popcorn" rule out the window and was fine. The elastics are really annoying though. I used to forget them all of the time and then double up the elastics a couple of days before my appointment and it had the same effect but I don't suggest it. Be PRUDENT with brushing. You definitely don't want to have food stuck in those suckers. That's my advice. Also, most people get permanent retainers when they get their braces off. They're not as bad as they sound but the first week is annoying because you jab your tongue into the metal bar.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
oh the horror, I wonder how I'm gonna do the clarinet lessons that same day I get my braces...meh, I'll just take some pain killers before and after I get my braces and go to my lessons. oh, and what are rubberbands? (I've been hearing that alot for when you get braces)(noob question -_-)

Rubber bands are what they are. You have brackets which have little pegs sticking out and you stretch the rubber band around peg A (which would be on one of the upper teeth) and connect it to peg B (a bottom tooth). With the rubber bands they align better and in some cases, align the upper and lower jaw.

Musical charm

Rubber bands are what they are. You have brackets which have little pegs sticking out and you stretch the rubber band around peg A (which would be on one of the upper teeth) and connect it to peg B (a bottom tooth). With the rubber bands they align better and in some cases, align the upper and lower jaw.

ah, so thats what they're used for, thanks for explaining and clearing the confusion I had ^v^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back