• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BP Oil Spill-- Sin VS Accident

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sin or Accident?

• Sin - It's completely BP's fault and they should have done more.

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Accident - They did and are doing all they can to fix this problem.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key

Exile
Awards
Not sure if there's a thread about this already, but after reading this, I felt compelled to share.

Remember_Tomorrow_by_yuumei.png

News: Accident Vs Sin

THIS PERSON..... really did their research.

After reading this, I really wanted to know what other people thought about this. Do you think BP allowed this to happen? Or do you think it was simply an unfortunate accident?

EDIT: Please don't comment to me on the thread title or the article (and the artwork, for that matter)-- i didn't write those, i only got permission to spread it around.

Last edited:

Musical charm

I think its a sin because I heard in the news on something about gas staitions violating some rules and I heard that one gas company having about six or seven violations when bp had over 700, and hearing that makes me think that they tried to find a cheaper way to do things and get more money in the process, so to me they basically allowed this to happen, and this really hurts me 'cause I live in florida, and now everythings become chaos because their raising the prices on seafood and all that good stuff, now I hate bp after reading this.

Last edited:

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Has anyone ever seen the movie Crude? If so, I think you'll understand the relation to these two events...

D

Deleted member 36435

it's really easy to fix an oil leak a mile underwater

Xammag

My Dad thinks that some republicans or crazy person tried to make Obama look bad and rigged it, but it got out of hand. I don't really believe that. I'd rather believe this as caused by greed and not craziness against one administration. But it's really frikkin bad. I hate that the CEO never even takes responsibility for anything that happened. Everyone can see it dude, we know you own the rule the damn company, just spill the beans already.

I voted Sin, but I don't know if you should make it that deep. More because not everyone believes the same things you do.

C

Crazium

Boy that oil is getting all over the place! I sure hope it all ends up in cars and not pelicans.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
They met minimum code.
They are a business.
They are there to make money.

Doesn't mean they should neglect Corporate and Social responsibilities though. Won't do them any good with their public image being tarnished. If it could have been prevented, it should have been. After all, if they screw up, it is only big and can be detrimental for generations. I think it was an accident, but it also could have been neglect.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
You know, this is BP's fault, but they are in fact helping clean it up. There are crisis teams from the company helping the situation.

But what of the government?

it's really easy to fix an oil leak a mile underwater

There are actually quite a few solutions. And considering my parents both worked for BP years ago, and they're chemical engineers and have worked in the industry for decades, it's possible.

In fact, there was a method people were trying to conduct to seal it, but it goes against some mundane law about having too many ships in the same vicinity so the government wouldn't let it be done or something. Lol.

Awards
You know, this is BP's fault, but they are in fact helping clean it up. There are crisis teams from the company helping the situation.

But what of the government?

There are actually quite a few solutions. And considering my parents both worked for BP years ago, and they're chemical engineers and have worked in the industry for decades, it's possible.

In fact, there was a method people were trying to conduct to seal it, but it goes against some mundane law about having too many ships in the same vicinity so the government wouldn't let it be done or something. Lol.

I liked the 'top hat' idea.

O

Oberon

What solutions? The oil spill is 1 mile underwater and this is the first time we've drilled so far. Not to mention the well is not just some little well--it's a huge oil well that won't stop flowing for at least a year. Solutions concern me because we need to make sure that we don't increase the size of the spill to even larger proportions.

Awards
What solutions? The oil spill is 1 mile underwater and this is the first time we've drilled so far. Not to mention the well is not just some little well--it's a huge oil well that won't stop flowing for at least a year. Solutions concern me because we need to make sure that we don't increase the size of the spill to even larger proportions.

I bet in the end the well will just end up emptying itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back