• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

boxart entry completed version! : D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomokii

Website
tomokii.deviantart.com
Sharing the final version of my boxart contest entry...which looks so different from my original plan. XD Coincidence that I finish this on the same day as the announcements of winners, too! I am still in a state of shock because I never imagined to be placed at all T___T

There's a bigger version on my deviantArt account for anyone interested, just click the picture to see it! :)

C&c would be much appreciated! I had so much fun working on this picture!♥

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
OMG that is so adorable. Love their semi-chibi style. Aqua's furling fabric-skirt-thing is really neat-o too. I think Ven's feet are too 2D, especially since one leg is bent upwards in comparison to the to the other, one shoe should look a bit more angular than the other. I think Terra's hand is positioned as if the keyblade was going to point a bit more forward, but instead the keyblade is pointing to the side at a downward angle. Perhaps the hand could have been a bit more "side-viewed".

Those are all nitpicks though and hardly noticeable. Well done :D

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
You have a really sweet style, they're almost like doll's faces. Also, the details you put into it are really simplistic at first glance but really nice once you get into it.

This makes me want to go check out your gallery. X3

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I like everything except what's-his-face's pants (the tall guy) and their faces.

THOSE EYES BUG ME.

tomokii

Website
tomokii.deviantart.com
@Dogenzaka - Thank you!♥ And don't worry, they were actually things I tried to fix but...failed to do so? XD A friend already pointed out the angled shoe problem during the lineart stage, but I didn't listen T__T

@Tenyasyugan - detailing is really my favorite part of drawing! thank you for the nice comments :' )

@gramp anime scholar - It seems that my problem with drawing faces is still there, apologies! Also yes his pants bother me as well. XD I just...seriously could not understand how they worked, so I let it go there. :( Obvious mistake too much I guess :'D I'll try harder next time!

tomokii

Website
tomokii.deviantart.com
@Dogenzaka - I went and looked for a pleated skirt around the house to use as a ref, but nooo I just fail at understanding how that thing worked. ;A; Good luck with Terra on your picture! Don't make the same mistakes I did XD

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Your style is so cute. It has to be one of my favorite entries~

MOLD

Website
mold123.deviantart.com
Ah wow, such a great difference than what was submitted for the contest. You could have totally gotten 1st if you had another day! D8

Also, I'd like to point out that your line work is pretty intense!

tomokii

Website
tomokii.deviantart.com
@MOLD - I really wished that I had just an extra to work, but aaaah such is the result of my procrastination ;A; but thanks!

@Luvinlizzxp - it's the thought that counts? XD Thanks!

ALSO I am going to take this chance to pimp my new signature 8D
Bigger version on deviantArt: KHBBS Ventus - Rock You by tomokii

Apologies in advance haha!

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
I actually almost prefer the version that you submitted. =/ It's lighter and just seems to click more to me.

tomokii

Website
tomokii.deviantart.com
@Riel - White to black really is a big change XD I wanted to keep the brightness/original bbs logo at first, but I guess I didn't have "boxart" in mind anymore when the deadline passed : (

T

The Spoiler

Why did you come in third place again? I like yours 10 times better than the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back