• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Both collections) How many of you...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
^ Can you imagine if they made Kingdom Hearts 1 into the movie and left out the "My friends are my power" quote and Sora's sacrifice? The more I think about it the more pissed I get. Somebody had to OK this movie, and they clearly didn't play the game.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
^ Can you imagine if they made Kingdom Hearts 1 into the movie and left out the "My friends are my power" quote and Sora's sacrifice? The more I think about it the more pissed I get. Somebody had to OK this movie, and they clearly didn't play the game.

Can you imagine if they re-did KH1 from Sora's memories and he forgot Deep Jungle and remembered everything else as blocky squares?

Awards
I hated 358 but loved Re:coded. I don't see why anybody wouldn't watch them, though. You can have it playing in the background while you do something else.

Also Re:coded's got some fantastic animation (expect when Sora fight data bugs. That's boring as shit.)

Are you saying that you prefer Re:coded rather than 358/2 Days in terms of the games or the cutscenes.

HK Motendra

Awards
Are you saying that you prefer Re:coded rather than 358/2 Days in terms of the games or the cutscenes.
I'd say its both, really.

As for me, I can't really judge, given that Re:Coded is still to this day, the only one that I've never played, nor owned. As for the two movies, I'm with the side of Coded being the better of the two. While days was easier to watch (it didnt feel as long) Coded, to me, felt more like an actual movie despite being long as heck, while Days just seemed more like the theater option of just playing scene after scene. I only ever watched both once, however, and completely in one sitting. It was doable with Days, but Coded DRAGGED (especially with Roxas).

Nonetheless, despite their differences and preferences, I'll always love them, merely just because its KH lol

Venx

Is there any thread that can explain to me why everyone likes Re:Coded so much? I seriously can't get it.

Awards
Both. I hate Days, but I love Re:coded. I like Re:coded more than I like KH2.

That's weird, really weird. And I thought that Re: coded was nothing but an horrendous and apalling game that had very minimal purpose to the plot, but on the contrary, if you like what you like, so be it.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
C'mon guys. I dislike BBS but I understand that other people might enjoy the game. Its almost as if different people like different things regardless if they're regarded as bad or good.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's weird, really weird. And I thought that Re: coded was nothing but an horrendous and apalling game that had very minimal purpose to the plot, but on the contrary, if you like what you like, so be it.

I found it to be the opposite. The characterization of Sora and Riku was probably the best of the series, and their interactions were very natural and refreshing. The story was a bit of a retread of KH1, but it didn't try to repeat the stories of those world's and instead did something different by having a few twists on roles and turnouts (and was better executed than CoM and I love CoM).

The gameplay was one big homage to video games and each style did something fun and unique. The mechanics introduced also remain to be the best improvements in the series (Keyblade upgrading revitalized their worth by having different skills/finishers you could select, the skill tree felt rewarding). The plot points introduced in the game reinforced the concept that all things can grow hearts. The game is held back by the limitations of the DS, though, and the fact it is a retread.

It is fine to not like the game but you should understand that some people do find it fun.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I found it to be the opposite. The characterization of Sora and Riku was probably the best of the series, and their interactions were very natural and refreshing. The story was a bit of a retread of KH1, but it didn't try to repeat the stories of those world's and instead did something different by having a few twists on roles and turnouts (and was better executed than CoM and I love CoM).

The gameplay was one big homage to video games and each style did something fun and unique. The mechanics introduced also remain to be the best improvements in the series (Keyblade upgrading revitalized their worth by having different skills/finishers you could select, the skill tree felt rewarding). The plot points introduced in the game reinforced the concept that all things can grow hearts. The game is held back by the limitations of the DS, though, and the fact it is a retread.

It is fine to not like the game but you should understand that some people do find it fun.
^ All of this. Yes, it was mostly a "filler episode" in terms of plot (this is THE only game where some iteration of Xehanort does not make a single appearance whatsoever), but it was a very solid game. The combat was fast-paced and rewarding, the different varieties of finishers and Keyblades kept things interesting, those glitchy foes can give you an adrenaline rush by scaring the living light out of you, and Data Sora and Riku just bro around more than their real counterparts ever did. That stuff alone is what got me addicted to this series in the first place.

Oh, and although I didn't really understand or appreciate it the first time around, endgame Castle Oblivion. After I learned a little more about the lore, that place hit me really hard. And I kinda feel that it only got better with the Re:Coded movie.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'm also on the coded boat. Even the retreads don't bother me, since many of the retreads are about as bright and innovative as retreads could possibly be. And of course, the ending is simply legendary.

silentmusic16

The only one I watched was Re:Coded, because I just don't know when I'm going to get around to playing it (despite it looking fun).

I tried rewatching Days, but I only made it about 3/4 of the way through before I had to stop; I couldn't stand the "story" when I played it, and I wasn't going to torture myself with it again.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Really? I thought days had one of the best stories to come from a kh game.

silentmusic16

Really? I thought days had one of the best stories to come from a kh game.

Then, without this devolving into a flamewar, I'll just leave it at this: we must have very different ideas as to what makes a good story, let alone a good KH story. Days did nothing but disappoint me, and I felt something between frustration and exasperation at the story and characters the entire time.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Then, without this devolving into a flamewar, I'll just leave it at this: we must have very different ideas as to what makes a good story, let alone a good KH story. Days did nothing but disappoint me, and I felt something between frustration and exasperation at the story and characters the entire time.

Actually i assumed it had to do with the fact that i was 10, kh2 was my shit back then and Days had a very kh2 feel despite the kh1 gameplay.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Days and KH1 have almost nothing in common in terms of gameplay :p

The combos seemed very kh-y and fire spells returned to form.

Its been six years since i played days so my memory isn't to be trusted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back