• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Boss Bestiary: Tips and Tricks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

very differentiable
Awards
Re: Boss Strategies and Tips

I know you shouldn't use aero, did it once and i wondered why i couldn't deflect like you're supposed too. I died in a half minute.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards

I beat him, once since well there's no other point in fighting him other than experience.
You can say the same for Sephy as you get no winners spoils, only thing is a sense of accomplishment -_-

It's not bad but you'd expect more if you beat him more than once or something.

Sexy Angel

You get a cheesy ass keyblade when you beat him in FM, but, whatever.

Iridium

Awards

Well that and a new Drive Gauge, but other than that I really didn't see him as a major threat compared to his KH1 counter part.

Blue

home is where the heart is

Wow that's a very useful thread. It might be handy if I ever decide to replay KH1 :)

Iridium

Awards

DO ETTTT!!!!

Or this thread would be a waste of my hard work :sad:

Blue

home is where the heart is

A lot of people already used your guide, one person more or less wouldn't make that much of a difference.

But seeing you being all enthusiastic about it makes me want to re-play it right now xD

Iridium

Awards

Lulz, and well it makes me happy people enjoy this :)

Now an announcement:

As you know I have been lazy with making more boss strategies, but at the moment I am very fatigued (it's hard enough typing this) so I'll postpone replaying KH1 to get my verdict on how to handle Cerberus for tomorrow. Yeah another excuse but I have another plan for a thread in the works, that is if I get enough positive feed back from everyone XD

Give me time folks!

Iridium

Awards

Finally I can get started on Cerberus!

۩ Cerberus ۩

24cb.jpg

Boss Stats:

• HP: 600
  • ATK: 11
  • DEF: 10
  • MP Rec: 17
  • EXP: 200

Boss History:

After the defeat of cloud (or vice versa) Hades decides that it's time to take out Hercules his own way, though it's not his own doing. He pulls out a wild card the one and only Cerberus!

Battle Preparations:

There's a cutscene before the fight so it's wise to restock on inventory items such as ethers and potions.
Though there aren't any shops in the Coliseum so if you need to restock go back to Traverse Town. And while you're at it you may come back to the world later if you think you are too weak and want to level up.

Boss Battle:

With the battle comenced Cerberus reins down a torrent of fireballs from his mouth, and he isn't stationary so try and keep up with him to avoid most of the hits. As long as you're not directly in his path you can avoid most if not all of the fireballs.

After the attack ends he prepares himself with a physical attack which is apparent as he rears his head back and roars. This phase of attack is dangerous as you can take a lot of damage so it's wise to time your attacks. But even doing that is a very hard feat to accomplish, though the best angle to attack is one of the side heads as it is slightly out of range of most of the blunt of the bite attack. As he bites it's fast and ferocious but there is a split second where you can get in a couple of combo's, usually he uses one or two heads to focus on the middle ridge of his body. Take that chance to at least land acouple of combo's or to use magic, of which thunder (at this point in the game) is most affective.

This point in the battle doesn't last long as he'll eventually rear up on his hind legs and slam into the ground with his front legs causing a major quake which can damage you and your party. A good way to avoid it is to see the warning signs, once he stops attacking and shakes his heads dogde roll as far away from him as you can. If you're not lucky enough to get outof the way than it's wise to jump up during the slam without getting too close to Cerberus.

The last thing Cerberus has up his sleeve when his HP is low (in the green) is a move I like to call the "Pillars of Darkness" which is annoying since you waste your time dodging it rather than taking the offensive to Cerberus. Though you'll know when he's about to use it. His head writhes and dark smoke appears in the heads mouths. When he's about to launch is do not stand in the radius of the attack as you will take a good amount of damage. The pillars don't home in on you with pin point accuracy so you can dodge roll as you please or just keep a steady running pace as walking or just standing idlely will get you killed easily. Also keep in mind that while avoiding the pillars you also have to avoid Cerberus's fireball attack which he will use like in the first half of the fight. The good thing about the pillar attack is that it only lasts for so long so afterwards take the same routine as you did for the first half and you'll leash this mutt into submission.

So here's the lowdown of what you need to do during this fight:
  • Aim high and focus on one head at a time (you don't have to defeat all three seperately, just keep a lock on one at a time to keep up the pace)
  • If at long range from Cerberus and in his direction avoid the fire balls with a quick dodge roll
  • If Cerberus isn't on the offensive take the time to attack him with long range magic such as fire.
  • The bite attack might be the only time to make a sufficient amount of combos so use that time to take him down a peg
  • Thunder spell is the most affective spell in your arsenal so use it to your advantage. Though don't abuse it
  • Don't always rush in when Cerberus is using physical attacks, your party can take cerberus quite well for a good amount of time. Though this is time consuming -_-

+Winners Spoils+

• 200 EXP
  • Inferno Band Accessory
  • Hero's Liscense
  • After the fight, leaving the Coliseum Cloud gives you the Sonic Blade ability ^_^

</Sources\>

Kingdom Hearts Brady Games Guide
My own experience >;3
Youtube

Iridium

Awards

The link I provided you via pm hopefully helped you.
Also here's the link for everyone else.

very differentiable
Awards

I beat the timed hades cup and sephiroth. On to phantom and kurt zisa.

Sexy Angel

Goddamn, Cerberus was one helluza bitch.

But I still taught that bitch a lesson.

Iridium

Awards

Glad you did teach him a lesson >;3

**Quick Announcement**

I've been lazy with this thread and with school in the way it's nearly impossible to make time updating v.v
However, that does not mean I am abandoning this thread forever. I'm actually planning on replaying KH1 to get an in depth feel as to how to fight the bosses ^_^ It will take some time but if I push a couple of things out of the way I can put this plan into fruition!

More to come soon people!

**Also**

I'm contemplating on making a heartless beastiary for KH1 and possibly 2 (if I can stock pile enough pics XP)
It most likely will get sticked along with this one so it's all a matter of time.

Iridium

Awards

=Pot Centipede=

Pot_Centipede.jpg

Boss Status:
  • HP: 600
  • ATK: 18
  • DEF: 15
  • MP Rec: 25

Boss History:

A second confrontation with Jafar leaves Princess Jasmine as a captive and your only way to save her is to used Geni. However that plan back fires with the lamp being stolen and now is in Jafar's possession. With Aladdin's wish denied Geni drops Jasmine into a jar that turns out to be a Pot Spider.

Jafar disappears and the boss appears, Pot Centipede!

Battle Preparations:

This battle can be a bit of a toughy so I suggest carrying curative items if you are weak in attack strength.
And at this point in the game you should have the Jungle King keychain so it's wise to equip it. And it's a good idea to equip Aero in the quick select menu as it will help later on in battle.

Boss Strategy:

The first thing you'll notice is that the head of the Pot Centipede and the tail of it have the same HP bar so attacking either one is acceptable. But it will constantly spawn pot spiders from pots in the area for assistance so it can assimilate them. It's best to attack the ones closest to the Pot Centipede first then go back and attack the head/tail.

However the tail and head both have offensive abilities so don't let your guard down for a second as their attacks are fast and constant. The head uses electrical attacks, usually spinning like a top from time to time to enhance the length of it's antennae. It's a good idea to guard it's attacks with □ and counter attack quickly to get the upper hand. The tail is just as deadly but it's antennae have a poison effect causing you to slowly lose HP; luckily the effect doesn't last long. Though it wouldn't hurt to use Aero to block some of its attacks.

Eventually hammering down on the boss will cause it to flee, give chase the battle is far from over!
The only reason why it's trying to escape is because of the lack of available pots in the area to assimilate itself with. As said before, attack the nearest pot spiders then lunge at the head or tail for actual damage.
Don't take too long to take the boss down or it will continue to flee time and time again; it can't escape but to make the battle faster it's best to attack it before it can find more pot spiders.

Soon enough the Centipede will be on its last legs and it will be down for the count. Way to go! ^_^

|Tips|
  • If you are low on Items such as potions and ether's make your way back to Traverse Town to replenish your stock
  • Killing the pot spiders rewards you with HP and Munny

+Winners Spoils+

• Ray of Light Accessory

</Sources\>
Kingdom Hearts Guide- Brady Games
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts - Pot Centipede

Sora1915

Bronze Member

I just kicked his and Jafar's ass last night! Thats weird! He actually killed me like 3 times before i beat him (im on expert and keep on misjudging there strength since it has been a while.......>>) I'm heading off to Monstro right now ^^ WOO PARASITE CAGE!

Iridium

Awards

~:Cave of Wonders:~
7c0e.jpg

Boss Stats:

• HP: 380
  • MP Rec: 26
  • EXP: 400

Boss History:

With the hunt for Jasmine on the only place naturally that you have to do is the Cave of Wonders, located on the outskirts of the desert.

Your first few steps lead to a surprise as the head of the Cave of Wonders rears itself out of the sand, but somethings a miff. The heads eyes are emitting purple aura and it turns out it's being controlled by the heartless!

Battle Preparations:

There's not much to this fight, just carry a decent amount of potions and ether's as magic might help greatly for the fight itself.

Battle Strategy:

From the beginning heartless bandits will spawn from the sand at your feet, but it's best to avoid them altogether and let your party deal with them.

Make your way up to the head, go around back and clime up the tigers main to make your way to the eyes. You can damage them with basic physical attacks but magic works also (blizzard being the most affective where range is concerned. Fire for accuracy) if you are good with conserving MP. But the head isn't going to let this one go, it has physical capabilities but only when you're on the ground. It's secondary form of attack is shooting beams of light from its eyes to attack you (similar of Stealth Sneak) and they do a round about if they haven't hit you so dodge them, guard or just take the hit but that in itself is risky. Best thing you can do is use Aero to reduce damage and do some actual damage to the eyes.

But the fight isn't that easy, once you twiddle away about half of its health the head begins to sway back and forth to try and knock you off. At this point it's wise to stop your assault until you get your bearings back; so aerial attacks (as they were useless from the start) are a no go unless you really want to try and get back on top. You also have to deal with it's constant fire breaths that also spawn Fat Bandits. But like I said before try to ignore them as much as possible.

Eventually with all of its HP down this tiger will be in for one hell of a cat nap and will finally be defeated and healed from the heartless spell!

|Tips|
  • Heartless aren't usually an issue but the Bandits have long ranged throwing capability. So if they become and annoyance take them out.
  • If you're low on HP kill the heartless as they infinitely spawn. The fat bandits being the largest reap the biggest reward of HP and munny
  • If you're the more magic adept player try shooting the eyes with magic from afar, fire working the best but it's hard to get a good shot in with enemies constantly spawning. So find a good spot to fire away, but try and conserve MP for cure or pack a couple of ethers on hand.

+Winners Spoils+

None v.v

</Sources\>

YouTube - KH1 Cave of Wonders Guardian

Kiko Higurashi

I need some help for deminishing the last boss on the Peter Pan world. I was wondering if anyone could help me with that.

Thanks if you can! :p

Iridium

Awards
Wow haven't updated this thing in ages, hopefully people still care about this :/ so I'm going to do things a little big differently this time around; some of you will notice slight differences (mostly aesthetic). So other then that lets get on with the show.

Jafar

8684.png

Boss Stats:

• HP: 500
  • MP Rec: 27
  • EXP: 600

Battle Preparations:

It's not an intense fight but equipping standard items such as potions, hi-potions and ethers are all you need for this fight. Though it's always good to keep an additional Mega Potion for your party, or equip them to your party members if need be.

Battle Strategy:

Before you actually charge in for Jafar notice your surroundings. Jafar uses his magic conjuring abilities to his advantage, and most of the time is out of reach by your physical attacks (which does the most damage). But alas you can get the upper hand by climbing on top of the various rock formations on the wall you can get a better shot at landing a few combos on him. Beware though he's no push over when you meet him. His basic attack is using his staff, not for physical attacks but for elemental attacks, namely his fire beam. It does a good deal of damage but it moves quite slowly so continue moving and you should be fine.

What makes this fight aggravating is that he's constantly moving, so magical attacks that work at short range are useless. Using long range attacks like lighting and fire can work but it's not very affective. Another thing you have probably noticed by now is that Geni is in battle as well. There's no real cause for concern since he gives you a dead give away by telling you that he's "sorry about this" (or anything along the lines of that) before attacking. Even if he does land a hit it does little damage and even releases MP and HP orbs on impact.

During the last phases of the fight when Jafar's HP is about half it's total length he'll transform into a glowing orb and floats around the chamber. Don't bother using magic or physically attacks as he's out of your reach; and even if you did land a hit it would do no damage. Continue to chase the orb until he makes a stop, once he does land as many combos as you can. One of the more deadly attacks (yet still avoidable) is his Blizzard attack. However the range is only limited to the middle of the chamber. It's best to keep your distance at this point so you don't take damage.

Lather, rinse, repeat and he should be an easy foe.

|Tips|

• When he's floating in the air as his human form if you use magic you'll have an opportunity to hit him. But always be on the defensive since he will more likely attack once you meet him face to face. Time it right and land a hit before he does.
  • When he's using his Blizzard attack it's prime time to heal up you and your party.
  • If you're more of a defensive player add "Aero" to your quick select list

+Winners Spoils+

• Blizzard upgrade to Blizzara

</Sources\>

Kingdom Hearts Official Strategy Guide

[EDIT]

Here's part two of the fight; I can't find a proper picture of Jafar in his Genie form so this will just have to cut it.

Genie Jafar (and Iago)​

• HP: 750
  • MP Rec: 29
  • EXP: 730

Battle Preparations:

Right after your successful bout with him the first time it's best to rest up and heal the party; take all the time you need to do so. Stock up on potions and anything else you need (but if you're lucky you won't need to use items at all).

Battle Strategy:

Compared to your last fight with him, this fight can actually be pretty easy if you watch your surroundings carefully (though the camera hinders this ability a good deal).

One thing that will be brought to your attention is that Jafar himself isn't the prime target, it's the lamp that Iago flies around with around the arena that should be of your attention. However that does not mean ignore Jafar completely since he's still capable of harming you. Also be aware that you can case blizzard onto Jafar but it isn't enough to take him out (and it's not wise to use magic if you're planning on healing, using spells, summons etc.). Focus your attacks solely on the lamp.

Since Iago is constantly on the run with it so keep a lock on him at all times. But do weary of Jafars movements, he won't idly stand by and let you hammer down on the jar. With his size come his amazing strength, so he'll use that to his advantage by hurling large fireballs at you and your party. The best way to avoid it is by using the Dodge roll ability; your party however won't be so lucky if they're hit. To counter the use of items use aero on yourself and your team mates.

When the HP is about at 20% capacity the weight of the lamp will become too great for Iago and he'll have to find a platform to rest on. This is the perfect time to attack the lamp and seriously cause major damage to his HP bar. Keep in mind that Iago will only be on the ground for several seconds so land as many combos as possible in. Continue using this formula and Jafar will be down for the count.

|Tips|

• Use the platforms for leverage if Iago gets out of reach in the air. These platforms do move however so timing is key.
  • Aerial Sweep and Air Combo Plus abilities are perfect for this fight.
  • It's not necessary to always avoid the fireballs Jafar hurls at you. If you're daring enough, using Guard can negate the attack.

+Winners Spoils+

• Fire is upgraded to Fira
  • Ansems Report 1

</Sources\>

Kingdom Hearts Official Strategy Guide

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back