• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Boss Bestiary: Tips and Tricks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Re: Everything you need to know about Boss Strategies.

Trick Master

c3be.jpg

Boss history:

Spoilers:

After the trial with the with the queen of hearts and Alice going AWOL your only destination is Bizarre room.
As you enter you'll notice the Cheshire cat on top of the table, as he always does he gives you a clue, this time it's not a simple task of finding something, this time its a fight.

Crashing down from the ceiling the Lanky accordion like heartless Trick Master!

Pre battle tips:

It's good to have a couple of potions handy, and if you lucky maybe a couple of ether's as by this time you've learned a spell or two (if you ) but I wouldn't be using fire spells, I'll get to that later in the over view.

Battle Strategy:

As the fight begins the targeting reticule will be on its torso, and you have the high ground at first so you could use that to your advantage but it's not advised. The only way to attack him is if you have any aerial abilities in effect, or you could use fire magic. The latter method isn't a good idea as the fire can light the purple torches he juggles giving them an added attack power. Also since you're on top of the table it makes you an easier target so get down to the floor (sounds stupid put it will help). From time to time when you end a combo he'll become knocked out for sever seconds, use that to your advantage as you can get a good amount of combos in, also you gain HP orbs.

Once on the floor most of his attacks won't do much, his usual moves are to come sweeping down and whacking you with his his torch batons. It's a slow attack so you can see it coming easily, but that's not the only attack he has. From time to time Trick Master will go over to the stove top and light his torches on fire, similar as to how your fire spell ignites the batons, only this time he can shoot fira spells from them. If you're quick enough you can dodge roll to avoid damage; and if you're resourceful enough you can but the batons out with a blizzard spell. With this strategy you should do well with little damage lost.

+Winners Spoils+

• Ifrit's Horn Accessory

Trivia:

• Being one of the largest heartless in the game, statistically if you were regular size Trick Master would be the size of Donald O_O
  • The color design has inspired the unbirth Wheel Master.

<Sources>

KH Brady Games guide

.:Raz:. said:
Who's next? Crank Tower, right?
Then Trickmaster. :3

I would but I'm taking care of the major bosses at the moment.

Reneeski said:
Do you have anything on the Phantom? No matter what lvl of difficulty im on he always seems to wipe me out in under 5 minutes

I was thinking of adding that after I got through HB phase, though I could just make a short thread about the secret bosses/ side quest challenges. If I'm not constricted by time than maybe I'll make another thread.

Last edited:

very differentiable
Awards

The color design has inspired the unbirth Wheel Master.

What is the unbirth wheel master? Never heard of it.

Iridium

Awards

Bbs9.jpg

Wheel master.

The only named unbirth of KH: BBS so far.

very differentiable
Awards

Wow, looks pretty impressive, so unbirths are the new enemies.

Iridium

Awards

Yeah, check out this thread to get an idea of that they are.

very differentiable
Awards

Aight thnks.

Iridium

Awards

I'll try and do that :)

Awards

This is cool, but the only problem I have is the fact that I sometimes can't see all the words you typed. I think the pics of the Heartless have something to do with that.... Might I suggest using a link for the pictures instead?

Other than that, I think this is a good idea! Good luck! =)

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

This is cool, but the only problem I have is the fact that I sometimes can't see all the words you type when you put up the big pics. Might I suggest using a link for the pictures instead?

Other than that, I think this is a good idea! =)
Side scroll? o_O

Iridium

Awards
It's not that large compared to the others I found, they were huge in comparison to the ones I have up now.
These are the best sizes I can get without shrinking them, therefore ruining the quality.

The pics I used are tiny in comparison to the others I found, they were huge.
These are the best ones I can get without shrinking them, thus making the quality worse.

What the hell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards

Side scroll? o_O

Lol. No, I mean the words are being cut off. Side scrolling doesn't really help.

It's not that large compared to the others I found, they were huge in comparison to the ones I have up now.
These are the best sizes I can get without shrinking them, therefore ruining the quality.

Oh, you don't have to shrink them. I mean turning the pics into links. But never mind! It's good the way it is, I guess. =)

Iridium

Awards

Well with the need to do something short, I'm going to do Sabor for the Tarzan Level.
Going through first fight and last fight.

-Sabor-

Sabor.png

World: Deep Jungle
Affiliation: Non heartless, Tarzan's enemy.

Backstory:

During the misadventures of the new trio Sora, Donald and Goofy Sora has a hunch that Riku might be on a backwater world called "Deep Jungle". Donald only caring about the king detests the idea of him being on a world like this, but Sora still wants to explore the new world. The argument leads them into a crash landing on the planet leaving the group separated.

Sora wakes up to find himself in an abandoned tree house, but he is not alone as when Sora stumbles to his feet he's ambushed by the master hunter of the forest Sabor.

Pre battle tips: N/A

Battle Strategy Part 1:

First time around you're not in the company of your party, so you're on your own kid!

This first fight won't be much of a challenge with the lack of a lot of strategy, the main things you need to know is this:

• He's fast, very fast but that's usually when he's just on the move.
  • Though he is quick, when he's jumping around be sure to avoid his path as it causes damage, however it's minor (depending on which game mode).
  • When he does flow down for an attack that's usually his scratch attack (pokemon much? XD) so just avoid frontal force as he stands in place when he does that. If you attack from the front you'll just parry, to avoid the parry just hit him from the side.
  • Magic such as fire does good damage considering it has some knock back.
Spoilers:

All in all you don't have to win this fight so no wasting of potions necessary.
Either way this cutscene will lead you to Tarzan saving your life.

Battle Strategy Part 2:

After you meet up with Donald and Goofy, you go to check out the bamboo thickets to check on Clayton.
When you go there though Sabor is at full strength and this is the final encounter.

This fight is a lot easier since you have your party with you, but that doesn't mean let your guard down either as if you die during this encounter it's game over (not permanently of course) Sabor basically has the same attacks as before, this time however Sabor can use the thickets to hide in and ambush from 3 sides of the field. Sounds like it's hard to find out where he is but it isn't, just stay locked on through out the entire fight and he's easy pickings.

+Winners Spoils+

• 15 exp for the 3 fights= 45 exp
  • 150 exp for the final fight
  • White fang accessory

<Sources>

KH wiki

Last edited:

Iridium

Awards

Actually it's a leopard.
Also I'd like to make an apology to you all as I've been slacking, if I came online earlier I could have gotten to Cloud. (Also for some reason I can't log onto here with my laptop; guessing it has something to do with the IP's)

Well onward to another boss the hunter we hate to love, Clayton.

<>----Clayton----<>

6597.jpg

Boss history:

Master Hunter of the African forests, Clayton works with his fellow assistant Jane in finding the Gorillas.
While her agenda is to study them, his is to hunt them for game, the only thing standing in his way is Tarzan and eventually Sora (as the story moves along of )

As time passes he grows evermore impatient with Tarzan and Jane not letting him see the Gorillas first hand.
Though he does have some luck when he goes to the abandoned tree house, problem is he isn't going for gorilla watching. He has his sights on Terk and before he hits his mark Donald and co. intervene causing him to miss with Terk escaping with her life (yes it's a "she"..jesus) With Clayton in the hot seat by everyone he grumbles off into the camp, though he is not alone as you hear a gunshot in the forest we can only assume that either Sabor got to him or the heartless did. After you hear the shot you head to the table outside and notice his pipe is there, but where's the rest of him?

After your romp through the forest helping out gorillas from the heartless left and right and taking down Sabor you head back to camp and discover Jane is missing. After traversing the hippos lagoon and making your way up the vines you'll find Jane and Terk trapped behind of gate of thick vines and the area surrounded by heartless with an ominous fruit in the middle of the field the fight is on. After a courageous battle Jane tells you that Clayton ambushed them and imprisoned them.

With that information you head back to camp and go to the cliff area Clayton has his eyes on Kala and almost makes the kill but is interrupted again by Sora and Co. This time though Tarzan notices something different about Clayton, telling Sora it's not truly him. What does that mean?

Pre battle tips:

Stock yourself with a couple of potions and maybe an ether, it depends on your play style as I prefer potions so Tarzan doesn't have to waste MP on me since I don't really use offensive magic during this fight.
Though don't waste items in the first half, I'll explain momentarily.

Battle Strategy Part 1:

The first part of the fight is basically the preliminary round so no point in wasting support items.
You'll notice that he summons powerwilds, as annoying as they can be ignore them and proceed to beat the snot out of Clayton >:] Sorry to say the beating doesn't take long as the fight ends quite fast, after the first struggle he looks like he's backing down, but he's really not alone in this fight.

Battle Strategy Part 2:

After the first bout with Clayton he reveals he has a big surprise in store, time to meet his heartless Stealth Sneak

*Steath Sneak*

StealthSneak.jpg

To clarify he is a heartless, well, part of a heartless the true him. It's not very complicated of a relationship if you look at it like this. Stealth is basically the muscle as Clayton is the avatar, simple enough right? Ok enough with the history lesson on to the actual strategy!

As the battle starts keep your target lock on as you are basically lost without it. Still Stealth is not completely invisible as his silhouette is still visible. But when you attack take caution as the better half has some powerful attacks most of them physical, but one attack you have to look out for is his clasping hand attack which has a 1.5 firing time so you'll see it coming.

After battering it down for a good couple of minutes, once Stealth Sneaks HP is a bar and a half (yellow overlapping the green bar) Clayton will be knocked off it's the moment you've been waiting for. The first thing you'll notice is that some of Stealth's techniques are similar to Sabor's attacks as its back arches before it strikes and uses it's feet to scratch you. The rush attack is avoidable if you dodge roll, the scratch attack is close range so try and guard against that. But one of his most annoying attacks is the eye beams he shoots in succession , believe you me, I've died DOZENS of times from this attack, not from anything else just THAT attack T.T Best option is to get close and attack him with physical strikes and for the most part the beams miss more than half the time (that usually depends if you at the end of an aerial combo) The best part about Stealth Sneak is that for part of the fight he takes a beating, like knock back and everything so it doesn't take too long to knock him out (he doesn't die permanently) After you knock him out the main enchilada Clayton is waiting for you.

Clayton by now if your party members took shots at him should have a medium amount to a low amount of health so it shouldn't take too long for the combined efforts of you and your party to handle him. Since he's basically a punching bag he's practically defenseless. But since he's a punching bag he has significant knock back so don't leave him idle from far distances as he can heal himself or fire his rifle at you and your party.
If you have Tarzan in your party it shouldn't take long to put this hunter out of his misery.

+Winners Spoils+

• Cure spell
  • Navi-G piece (after locking the keyhole)
  • Jungle King keychain

<Sources>

KH Wiki
Brady Games guide
Clayton and Stealth Sneak fight

Last edited:
A

Audo

Re: Boss Strategies and Tips

This bitch should have put on her make-up before she got all sticky(ed)
>.>

Iridium

Awards

Lol you make an appearance RK.
Yeah, hopefully I'll get to at least 4 more this week.

School being the issue makes this thread harder to update -_-

very differentiable
Awards

So what's next, going on with the story and agrabah bosses or the colliseum with cloud and cerberus strategy's. Btw i just beat riku two which is actually pretty easy, it all comes down to timing, which i got used to.

Iridium

Awards

Yup he's not as hard as people say, he's quite easy if you get the timing right and you use the right Special attacks (I use arms arcanum )

Also I'm going with Coliseum next then Agrabah and so on.

very differentiable
Awards

Didn't need special attacks, and i only healed 3 or 4 times, actually he was fun to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back