• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Boss Bestiary: Tips and Tricks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Wow I'm actually doing this thread ^^ (hopefully this will get stickied)

Well the basic premise of this is to help people with various bosses of KH, which I've seen you people need help with. So I'll be generous enough to go over the bosses from start to finish!

Boss list: v links below

#1 Darkside
#2 Guard Armor
#3 Trick Master
#4 Sabor
#5 Clayton and Stealth Sneak
#6 Cloud
#7 Cerberus
#8 Pot Centipede
#9 Cave of Wonders
#10 Jafar
#11 Opposite Armor

Darkside I

e0cf2.jpg

Backstory:

Semi Spoilers:

Towards the end of the "Awakening" sequence a cryptic message appears:
"The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes..."

It's iconic and ironic as your shadow becomes your greatest enemy, Darkside.
The true test of your abilities is about to begin, prepare yourself:

Pre battle tips:

On your way through the awakening process you gain 1 potion, if you're lucky you might have more than 1.
But don't waste them now, instead if you low on health before making it to the boss fight on the final pillar go to the save point and it will instantly regenerate your HP

Boss battle strategy:

As the first battle it's one of the easiest in terms of strategy, but knowing that don't take this boss lightly.
As the fight begins take notice that his main body being the torso doesn't have a targeting reticule so the only options you have are to hit his hands and if you're fortunate his head (which in turn gets you tech points).

Though at first you don't have much of a chance to do so as Darkside will most likely (from my experience) use his standard attack. Well it's not much of an attack but when his hand is glowing and he raises his arm avoid that side of the fields as he slams his arm into the ground. What does happen is he summons a number of shadows, if you're low on hp you can attack them, the other option is to use your potion(s). As the fight continues Darkside makes another attempt at damaging Sora but kneeling down and starts shooting dark energy from the hole in its stomach (this is the perfect time to attack). It's easy to avoid if you stay behind or next to his arm (you can also still attack him as well)

Luckily he's an easy boss and a couple of dozens of combos should take him down a peg. Note that you don't have to win this fight to continue (However: that doesn't apply to before the fight)

Winners Spoils:

• 60 exp

That's one of the first of many strategies I'll be covering in the next couple of days, I hope this helped some of you out there ;3

<Sources include>

KH Wiki
KH Brady Games guide
Kingdom Hearts 1st Darkside battle, courtesy of youtube and KH- Vids.net

Last edited:

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Re: Everything you need to know about Boss Strategies.

This is really nice looking, and I look forward to some more ^^, but you should defiently consider making the Darksides picture smaller.. Or maybe stretch pages only bother me...

Iridium

Awards

True and thank you ^^

I'm trying to figure out how to change the dimensions on this pic since it's so huge =\
Sorry about that, I'll try and find a better replacement.

Iridium

Awards

Thanks anyway, I found another pic.
And it took forever for me to edit that post =______=

Marly

Awards

Thanks anyway, I found another pic.
And it took forever for me to edit that post =______=

:( Sorry XD... It will be worth it in the end, it will make the viewers happier, such as myself...

So how long do I have to wait for the secret bosses? Those are my troubles....

Iridium

Awards

I might make a separate thread for that or I'll add it around the time I get to the Behemoth boss...
At this point I don't know, IF this is a success I'll try and make a thread in the KH2 section, maybe even one about item synthesis. The possibilities are limitless.

Marly

Awards

I might make a separate thread for that or I'll add it around the time I get to the Behemoth boss...
At this point I don't know, IF this is a success I'll try and make a thread in the KH2 section, maybe even one about item synthesis. The possibilities are limitless.

And extremely time consuming, XD, Good luck! Im sure you would be appreciated much if you could accomplish such a feat XD... You're tempting me XD.. I almost want to make a synthesis guide. XD for KH2, cause I have the guide for that... But I wouldnt dare take your idea X--X

Iridium

Awards

It depends on time constrictions and how I am feeling, and right now I'm feeling like crap so I think I'll take my time on Guard Armor.

Marly

Awards

It depends on time constrictions and how I am feeling, and right now I'm feeling like crap so I think I'll take my time on Guard Armor.

Im sorry you are feeling that way... Take your time XD

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called

This isn't a bad idea. If I can see you do more than I might talk to the other mods and see if they will want this thread to become stickied. I look forward to seeing more. Then I'll consider talking to them. :)

Iridium

Awards

Hell I guess I can do it right now XP (While I'm remotely content)
Also you'd probably wonder why skip the Leon fight, I don't have the time to do two battles in one night and the fact is I can hold it off for the Secret Bosses/Olympus fights portion.

.:Guard Armor:.

72ef2.jpg

Boss History:

Spoilers:

After your encounter with Leon you'll find yourself in a hotel conversing with him and Yuffie.
Near the end of the conversation the trio is ambushed by the heartless and are made to flee the scene.
In the second district Leon informs you to find the leader and ignore the small fries (aka soldiers and shadows).

Eventually your travels will meet you up with Donald and Goofy in the third district, and to their surprise they are ambushed by heartless. However when they are defeated the big boss (MGS lol) aka Guard Armor appears and it's ready for a fight.

Pre battle tips:

It's wise to conserve what little potions you have left as Guard Armor is a tough cookie.
if you have ANY type of munny left spend that on potions (how you'd surmise that amount of cash in the first place is beyond me >_>).

Boss battle strategy:

Well this ones a doosey so don't let your guard down in this fight!
One of his attacks isn't really an attack, he just walks! So do avoid minor damage don't stand in it's path.
It's second form of offense is to swing both arms at 360 degrees , it's usually effective at medium to long range so just stay close to it to attack it's main body, or better yet the feet since it GA stands still during that attack.

Secondary and mode of attack is to rearrange itself in mid air and come crashing down on top of you or your party members. It's hard to avoid but as long as you're at long range it doesn't do a good amount of damage, though it's hard to predict when it's attack will commence because of it's fast jerky movements. This phase of battle is one of the most annoying since I've died on multiple occasions for negligence of GA's attack power -_-

It's third main form of attack is similar to the first, this time all parts of the body disassemble and attack as separate entities. It's best to start with the feet than work your way up to the hands as they are quicker and harder to hit. Once you take down the limbs the torso is all yours, but that doesn't mean it's weakened, he's not done yet! With all the limbs gone the only means of offense for it is to do rapid spins, it's not very effective unless you didn't attack the torso for the majority of the fight. But if you find yourself in low health just use a potion, and if Donald or Goofy have any they are likely to give it to you when your health is low.

Winners Spoils:

• Brave Warrior Accessory

<Sources>

My general knowledge >;3
KH Ultimania for the pic (for the pic)

Last edited:

Iridium

Awards

This isn't a bad idea. If I can see you do more than I might talk to the other mods and see if they will want this thread to become stickied. I look forward to seeing more. Then I'll consider talking to them. :)

Excuse the double post:

That sounds like an interesting proposition, thank you :)
And yes there will be a lot more to see out of this thread, I haven't even reached the better bosses yet >:]

I'll do some work on Clayton and Trickmaster tomorrow, it's getting too late for me to do it right now.
Await more strategies people ^^

Note: I'll be checking these for misinformation and typos, if you do find an inconsistencies within a post make that clear to me please.

very differentiable
Awards

I'm wondering, do you fight them on expert mode or normal, cuz i heard the bosses on expert are badass.

Bloodgift

How about it?

Nice Idea!! I was planning to do somthing like this, but it went into my to do list under all my homework, though I'm glad somone did do it!

Iridium

Awards

I'm wondering, do you fight them on expert mode or normal, cuz i heard the bosses on expert are badass.

Well either mode the strategy is the same. However like you said they are badass, I could barely make it through Traverse Town on Expert mode. Actually I pretty much gave up and did normal since it was so frustrating (though that was years ago). If you want a challenge than that's the game mode you want.

C

Colours

I like this, though that Big pic needs to be smaller, and you should add another pic. But this is Awesome. lawlz

Reneeski

Do you have anything on the Phantom? No matter what lvl of difficulty im on he always seems to wipe me out in under 5 minutes

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Who's next? Crank Tower, right?
Then Trickmaster. :3

very differentiable
Awards

Well i've already got a challenge, the time trial of the hercules cup is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back