• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Boss battles .... help?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Okay, I need major help on boss battles, and stupid me forgot to get the strategy guide. ;_;

So, right now, I'm having trouble beating the Leechgrave. x_x I think I almost depleted my stock of 20+ hi-potions and I STILL died against it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. XD

Last edited:

asheron

Re: Leechgrave .... help?

best adivce I can give you is go in... manage your limits...since that mist takes down your health slowly if you're close to the limit you can sit in it for a split second to get that last... I normally cast a cura and went straight to my limit break... that fight was ridiculous unless there was a trick I was missing. I air dashed in hit him 3-4 times.. air dashed out... rinse and repeat.. I think after 2 deaths. I got him this was on normal... not looking forward to proud mode. I used an elixir and High pot....

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood

Is that the giant grave in the middle of Halloween Town thing?

Yeah, he's got way too much hp.

Some people say that you should whack the arms, personally I won't bother since they respawn, even if they do stun the enemy.

If you got a good keyblade with very short comboes, go for it. You want to land finishers fast.

Basically, you also want dodge roll, since if you get close enough you'll pretty much entice it to hit you with the arms that pop out of the coffin, which can be dodged by mass rolling. For me, I just kept rolling all fight long. Once those hands miss you, go in for a few comboes. The first few times take note about how many comboes you can put in before he makes his next move, so you know when to back off.

When he casts that mist, stay away, even if you miss an opening. It's better than taking damage.

Really, limits are not needed, although it sure is a pain to hit down all that hp.

Bloodgift

How about it?

The only way to actually defeat this one without spending hours of frustratration is do kill the arms.

They do respawn once the Leech Grave has finished being stunned. It depends what difficulty your on, and what weapon you have. It took me ages to work out about the arms.
Take lots of Cura with you, and lot's of Potions (or Hi/mega) also (you've most likely figured this bit out).

Just remember:
When they "swallow" you, air dash twice, and glide away from the leech-grave, otherwise he'll get you on the way down.
The arms attacks are un-predictable.

Note: I know the arms have a name, but I forgot it.

I was on level 33 when I did this, I suggest being alot higher...
Hope I helped and good-luck! :)

Diastyl

Stock about 10 hi-potions, and then you should have that ability that brings you back from being killed.

Then you should aim for the claw heartless, and if you kill all of them then the leechking will faint for awhile, but if it sawllows you, dash many times. And using limit break is pretty useful with the leechking.

Also, stay away from the spores or purple mist, cuz it damages you

D

Deleted member 36435

Is that the giant grave in the middle of Halloween Town thing?

Yeah, he's got way too much hp.

Some people say that you should whack the arms, personally I won't bother since they respawn, even if they do stun the enemy.

If you got a good keyblade with very short comboes, go for it. You want to land finishers fast.

Basically, you also want dodge roll, since if you get close enough you'll pretty much entice it to hit you with the arms that pop out of the coffin, which can be dodged by mass rolling. For me, I just kept rolling all fight long. Once those hands miss you, go in for a few comboes. The first few times take note about how many comboes you can put in before he makes his next move, so you know when to back off.

When he casts that mist, stay away, even if you miss an opening. It's better than taking damage.

Really, limits are not needed, although it sure is a pain to hit down all that hp.
wait wait wait
You were given the opportunity to stun a boss and you didn't take it? What is wrong with you?

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood

Cause the stun isn't all that long. Sure, it's excellent to use to land a limit, but I'll rather not take such a risk and keep my hp up, just focussing on one target and not hitting one and needing to see what the other one is doing (dodge roll pretty much makes you untouchable to the arms).

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Here is what I do. I attack him with a physical combo then glide away and wait for that arm to come out and attack. If you're far away enough but still close enough to it, then the attack will miss you and then you can glide over to repeat the stratefy all over again.

Heal when needed.

This will take awhile but it always works for me.

dan99iel

I went for the limit/stun approach on Proud mode.

What to take:
Around 18 thunder panels (Highly levelled)
12 cure panels
3 Elixers but you will only use 1 probably
Final limit panel and limit increase panel
I used a Nimble+ gear (But that's just personal choice because of all the darn air-type heartless)

What to do is:
Attack the arm things with thunder once (Takes out 2/3 of their life if you level the panel enough!), then slash away at them until they die. Be VERY careful though, because when they snap their jaws and create a circle thing around their jaws, THEY ARE ABOUT TO EAT YOU AND TAKE AWAY ALL YOUR LIFE. If you block these gobble attacks though, it stuns them for a while and they lie down on the ground ready to be smacked into submission. Do this until you have 1 left. Here you should let the arm attack you until you just get into limit ready mode. Make sure the coffin isn't about to surround itself in smoke (This is FATAL if you try to attack it like this) and then once you are all clear just kill the arm. If the arm DOES eat you and sucks you into the bulbasaur-like plant on it's back, do this when it spits you out: Heal in the air, then air-dash twice.

At this point , RUN TO THE COFFIN REALLY FAST >:D! Time your limit right so you don't spend any time waiting for it to drop onto the ground. To do this, run in to the coffin and as it's swinging around start holding A. You should enter your limit mode as it lands. Then, it's a simple matter of hacking away at it. When the coffin snaps out of it's daze, get out of there! At this point the arms will return. Rinse, and repeat.

I did this ^ method 2 times and then a short 3 second bash to finish it off without my limit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck :D. I hated this boss >_>.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

Thanks for all of the tips! I beat him very late last night, so I can't quite remember how I beat him. XD; I know I used some of the tips you all gave me, though.

Now, I'm trying to beat the Ruler of the Sky. I know magic doesn't work on him, so I'm screwed there. I've been able to destroy his tail and died on the part where you start hacking away at that orb of his. Any tips for that one?

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Is it the multi sectioned neverland boss? The one with the chest?

Man, that boss sucks.

Since you have no trouble getting the tale down, I won't go into it.

Well, he shoots you with coins from his chest that really hurts. You can just hug the area right in front of the chest and they will all miss.

I haven't played him for awhile, does he charge or slash you after this?

No matter what, if he charges, run around and reduce damage intake. If he slashes, keep back.

After every move he is vulnerable, but do not get carried away attacking him after the slashes, because he retialates with some massive damage at close range after awhile.

I'm pretty sure he resumes the treasure chest gun after recovering from the slashes.

Yeah, that's all I can remember, sorry if it isn't much.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
well it took me about 5 times but i beat him by doing this.

1. cast cura
2. just go in and attack till he gets you down to limit i used limit like 4 times while casting cura, and it was pretty easy

Deinstar

Gunblade Master
hmm, just got done beating this boss, i used the keyblade with the long air combos. it took me about 5 tries, then finally got it, didn't need to stun him, i think i used 1 limit, but it was a pain, first couple times i tried killing the tentacles, all it did was waste time so i went in and did a few attacks, ran back, ran in again, and rinse repeat.

S

Shadow Soldier

Am I the only one who didn't have trouble with him? I went after the arms anyways, I thought you were supposed too. I was using Champion Key or whatever.... didn't take that long.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
>_> You know... If you have trouble with a boss, the best thing to do would be to just Withdraw and then look him up in your Files. They basically tell you how to beat every enemy in the game.

Awards
Here's the strategy I used.

Knock out 4 of the 5 arms (or however many there are, just be sure that there's only one remaining). The one remaining can still move around, but only on one side. Stay on the other side so it can't get to you. If you eliminate all of them, they'll come back, so it's better this way.

As for the actual Leechgrave, draw an imaginary line around it using its four "arms" (the tentacles that stem off of that bulb). Inside this perimeter is where it can melee you (with the ghost arms that pop out of the coffin.

So here's what you do. Go just inside the perimeter and wait for it to do the melee. As soon as it prepares to do so (the grave should swing back and creak open), dodge roll out of the perimeter. Then, after the attack, air dash back in and combo the grave.

How much you can hit it depends on what Keyblade you're using. Mine had short 3 hit combos, so I could just fit in 2 combos max. Anymore and it will hit you with the melee.

After you experiment and find the right number of combos, be sure to use that amount of hits each time. And when you do, quickly dodge roll several times out of the perimeter. If the grave hasn't tried to hit you already, nudge back into the perimeter and wait for it to prepare to attack (doing the same as before).

The key here is getting it to attack you, dodge rolling away, air dashing back, comboing the right amount, dodge rolling out, and repeat.

It may not always try to attack you right away. Or it may use the rapid firing purple spores (you can tell if the grave turns backwards), which can be easily blocked.

Also be wary of the poisonous mist that shoots out of the bulb around the perimeter. When the mist is coming down, don't bother with attacking. Get out of there and wait for the mist to dissipate.

It's a highly tedious strategy, but it definitely works.
The first time I fought the Leechgrave, I worked out most of this technique by staying back, experimenting on the tentacles, inching my way in, and noting its attacks. Except, instead of dodge rolling out of the perimeter, I tried blocking the grave's melee attacks. Not a good idea. It does work, don't get me wrong, just not all of the time. Occasionally the ghost hand (being very erratic), will manage to hit you (from the sides or even the back) despite your block. I wouldn't recommend it.

S

Shadow Soldier

I just knocked out all of the arms, when he was paralyzed, I always took off 1 full bar of health. It's awesome having like 160 strength =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back