• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Boredom + KH Music =

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al
Since it's been craptacular where I live for the last 2 days, I decided to finish something I've been messing with for the last couple of months.

I sat down with the lyrics to Hikari, some English translations, my (limited) and my friends knowledge of Japanese to concoct a shortened and simplified English translation. I know that in of itself is nothing to be excited about, but I had different plans.

If my name or some of my posts don't give it away, I know Latin. Long story as to why, but I have had an interest in it for many years and video games didn't help!

Anyway, I used all of that stuff plus a dictionary and (the surprisingly good Google Translate) to create Latin choir lyrics to the orchestra version of Hikari.

They're not perfect and it's hard to imagine how they'd sound without
A) knowing how to pronounce them and B) without knowing how I intended them to flow. Hopefully, my annotations will help with the latter.

So...I think I've written enough about them, time you saw them! I took some liberties with the translation, but it doesn't take away from the message of the song. I've included my preferred translation, the one I used for the Latin and the Latin lyrics themselves.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh! and can't forget the music!
[video=youtube;CZVAvHah9io]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVAvHah9io[/video]

Well, hopefully you guys enjoy this. Probably the most intensive thing I've done outside school lol. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to read something, anything in English...

Last edited:

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al
Well, I'm glad my work is appreciated! :biggrin: And as for having someone sing it, I've had a couple ideas. I don't see them happening though. However, I'm not going to pretend that wouldn't be REALLY cool.

And could someone please fix the thread title? Apparently, I forgot how to capitalize and spell music lol.

Edit: Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back