• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bookmarks - Do You Use Them?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you use bookmarks?

• Yes, I do religiously.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Once in a while, if I find the need.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Never. Dog-earing pages is the norm for me.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Sometimes, but I also dog-ear pages if I want.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I use a bookmark and dog-ear pages equally.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight_Path

Recently I've been taking notice of the fact that my little brother dog-ears the pages of his books.

Personally, I use a bookmark because I like bookmarks and think they are quite handy in preserving the quality of a book. I have a 1975 box set of The Lord of the Rings series in paperbacks, and I would personally reprimand any individual in my house that would dare dog-ear one of those glorious, yellowed pages.

So... which is it? To bookmark, or not to bookmark? Are there certain books you couldn't care less about if they were treated in such a derogatory manner? Or perhaps you prefer bookmarks with tassels and beads to plain ones?

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
This is a weird topic.
Ahaha.
But yes I do like to use bookmarks.
If I cant find one for my new book then I would just use the receipt.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
If the book is already in a pretty crappy condition and I'm too lazy to get a bookmark out, then I'll dog-ear it. But otherwise, I have an old Borders giftcard that I always use as my bookmark

Lolita

Dear You
Eh, I use them when I actually am really interested in a book, or it's a book i'm reading from a project. If not, I just like, fold the sides, or forget where I left off and stop reading.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Who reads nowadays?! *rim shot* -.- ... Yeah, I use a bookmark, but for some odd reason they are hard to find in my school, so I always get stuck with the Hello Kitty one.. *actually loves that one*

Cissy

Bronze Member
I prefer using bookmarks, but since I usually don't have one on hand I tend to construct temporary ones out of looseleaf. If I have no means to create a bookmark, I try my best to remember the page I was previously on.

I absolutely love books with tassels, though. So convenient.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Yeah I use bookmarks..

If I don't got one, then I just fold up a piece of paper or something and use that.. "/

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I usually always have two bookmarks with me when I'm reading at school. If I run out when reading two books at once, I tend to rip out a piece of notebook paper to slip in. Doesn't matter to me if the book's old or not.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
My best friend bought me a book-mark covered in creepy little gnomes on it for my Birthday.
So, yes, I use bookmarks. Or a fold the outside cover over to page.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I use bookmarks because I have ton of them lying around at any given time. Seems like every book I buy usually comes with one.

Don't really like the idea of dog-earing a page.

I absolutely love books with tassels, though. So convenient.

Also, that.

Trag

Bronze Member
I hate bookmarks. I usually either close my book and remember the page or I dog ear, and more often I dog ear. I can't stand people who complain about it either.

Muse

you look atrocious
I nearly-always use bookmarks. If I can't find one, then I make a temporary bookmark using looseleaf or something.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
If I don't have a bookmark with me, I dog ear the pages, unless if I'm borrowing a book from someone, or it's a book I bought.
If it's something like a library book, then who cares, dog ear away.

But I normally use bookmarks.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Why isn't there a option for not doing either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back