• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bookmarks - Do You Use Them?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you use bookmarks?

• Yes, I do religiously.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Once in a while, if I find the need.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Never. Dog-earing pages is the norm for me.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Sometimes, but I also dog-ear pages if I want.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I use a bookmark and dog-ear pages equally.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I don't really use bookmarks because I always lose them so I tend to not buy them. I don't mind dog ears. :p

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I always remember the page I'm on, I don't like marking my own books.

After the book is a bit worn out though, I don't mind if other people dog ear my books. It's only really new books that I'm terribly concerned with.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Perhaps I'm alone on this, but I like when my books look old and rugged. (On a side note, I feel the same with cellphones)

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"I enjoy reading this book but I'm too lazy to keep reading. Oh, what's this? A random piece of paper/card/leaf? Alright."

D:

I don't dog ear. I'm a fucking anal retentive bitch when it comes to damaging books for some reason but I refuse to pay 5 dollars for a bookmark when I could just use a random piece of paper to do the same job.

Onasi

If I’m only reading one or two books I just remember the page I'm on. If I'm reading more than two then I usually just dog ear the page. Although if I checked it out of a library I do use a bookmark.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
If the book has a cover then, then I'll pull the cover over to the page and close the book. I don't know if this is true because I don't remember how I managed every book I've read, I seem to only dog-ear paperbacks. I've used bookmarks, but I don't really remember using them extensively.

Trag

Bronze Member
Perhaps I'm alone on this, but I like when my books look old and rugged. (On a side note, I feel the same with cellphones)

I know what you mean, I think a book that's old looks interesting, I don't bother trying to preserve a book's condition, so long as I'm able to read it, I don't complain. Another thing I can't stand are dust-covers. Those just get in the way.

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
Dog-earing damages the book AND doesn't help because I still can't find the page. I do not use book marks. I tend to use used food wrappers, receipts, business cards, any small piece of thin crap that is lying around. Heh. ^_^;

Trag

Bronze Member
if you dog ear a book and it damages it, i seriously think you're doing it wrong.

A

Airship

If it is someone else's book I would use bookmarks, just to be respectful to another's belongings. If it's my book though it's whatever.

animefreak!

Website
animecrazy2007.deviantart.com
well if i don't have a bookmark with me at the time i'll just fold the corner even though i hate it so i'd try to find something for the time being to be a bookmark even if its just a piece of paper i rip out of a notebook or somethinig and if i do then i use bookmarks,i think bookmarks are better then bending the pages to
very odd topic on here though

Last edited:

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Lol, I thought this was a topic about Internet bookmarks, so I just chose the first answer 'cause I do use Internet bookmarks religiously, but I'm sure most of you do anyway. Anyway, about the actual topic at hand, I do neither. I just try and remember which page I'm on 'cause I'm too lazy to find my Homer Simpson bookmark. Besides, I usually just stop reading after I've finished a chapter, so it's easier to remember where I last stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back