• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Board Game + Debug Mode + Olympus Screens!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
wƒLƒ“ƒOƒ_ƒ€ ƒn[ƒc Re:ƒR[ƒfƒbƒhx‚̃†ƒj[ƒN‚Ȑ¬’·ƒVƒXƒeƒ€ - ƒtƒ@ƒ~’Ê.com

08.21.2010.oc1.jpg
08.21.2010.oc2.jpg

08.21.2010.oc3.jpg
08.21.2010.oc4.jpg

08.21.2010.oc5.jpg
08.21.2010.oc6.jpg

08.21.2010.oc7.jpg
08.21.2010.oc8.jpg

TRANSLATIONS WILL BE POSTED ACCORDINGLY.

Credit goes to jeels.

Last edited:

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Re: Board Game + Data Arena + Olympus Screens!

What is this stuff though? Data Arena? Is it like Mirage Arena?

I need to learn Japanese...

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Re: Board Game + Data Arena + Olympus Screens!

I can't remember the actual name they used in the CODED script but it's the debug thing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
-tries reading the article and gives up after the description of the game- I'm excited for OC. It looks like fun to play turn based.

dragonsclaw

Indeed, the level up system looks fun as! (actually this whole game looks fun) It actually does inhibit a bit of Days action.
Hercules went in the coliseum to see someone while Cloud is is fightning because he has something to protect?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The game looks very similar to Bbs, which is surprising considering it is on the DS...I'm getting more excited for this game as the screens continue.

Nubs.

That isn't a "board game", it's the game's level-up system. Like an advanced form of the panel system. Think panel system meets magatama.

Also, this game doesn't have a "debug mode" - it's been replaced with the Overclock system. Many debug abilities will carry over. The "dataspace" you see is partly in the game's story itself, while the rest is in a mirage arena-like challenge, and also the game's level editor: You can combine a whole bunch of data rooms to basically make one big dungeon.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I guess the reason Re:coded has this because the NA BbS has it?

Has what? -confused-

Newb.

That isn't a "board game", it's the game's level-up system. Like an advanced form of the panel system. Think panel system meets magatama.

From the description, it's sorta like that, but not.
It's like a motherboard for a computer, but instead of parts, you have abilities.
And what abilities you put on it, you have.

Also, this game doesn't have a "debug mode" - it's been replaced with the Overclock system. Many debug abilities will carry over. The "dataspace" you see is partly in the game's story itself, while the rest is in a mirage arena-like challenge, and also the game's level editor: You can combine a whole bunch of data rooms to basically make one big dungeon.

Overclock System has nothing to do with De-Bug mode.
Overclock System is something that you can use when the Overclock meter fills up. It gives you a power boost for a limited time when you use it. Sora like the style change in BBS.
We have nothing that says De-Bug mode is gone. We just haven't seen any screens.
For all we know, we might have actually seen it, but we didn't recognize it because it might be different now.

αsiя

space coke
I gotta admit the leveling up system looks more interesting than Day's panel system. It's like Nomura knows we all were expecting just a crappy port and think Re:coded is useless, so he made it fun as possible so we ca change our minds.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Nubs.

The reason I entitled it as 'board game' was due to the near identicalness of Birth by Sleep's level-up system which, if you have seen those videos like most of us have, uses a dice and has the player move around on the board. Yes, it is to power up, but is it essentially a board game.

You have obviously either not seen CODED's debug mode or have misinterpreted it if you have seen it. Sora enters de-bug mode during the game and, well, debugs the worlds. This screen-shot looks like debug mode:

08.21.2010.da1.jpg

And I don't appreciate being insulted, thank you.

lmao, you tell him sol

Lulz, shut the hell up man. :p

The reason I entitled it as 'board game' was due to the near identicalness of Birth by Sleep's level-up system which, if you have seen those videos like most of us have, uses a dice and has the player move around on the board. Yes, it is to power up, but is it essentially a board game.

You have obviously either not seen CODED's debug mode or have misinterpreted it if you have seen it. Sora enters de-bug mode during the game and, well, debugs the worlds. This screen-shot looks like debug mode:

08.21.2010.da1.jpg

And I don't appreciate being insulted, thank you.
1-There's no such word as "indenticalness"
2-You assume I don't know jack about Debug mode. But, something tells me you haven't even touched a coded-compatible phone, let alone tried it out. :p "Debug mode" has two things to it: Story triggered, and manual. When it's story triggered, the gameplay speeds up and Sora simply has the ability to kill things faster. Later on in the game, however, you can unlock this ability right off the bat. That said, the "debug" feature is simply a hodge podge of skills known as "debug abilities", that range, once again, from the speedy mode, down to the Reaction Combo skill. Simply put, "debug mode" is just one ability that belongs to the debug skill-set. Compared to Overclock, it's an obsolete system. Overclock can implement debug, and much more all in-one.

What you saw isn't debug - once again, it's a challenge area. That screen in coded only shows up during "debug mode", but obviously, if you even bothered to pay attention to the snippets of gameplay vids on the sight, it's not the same thing.

Derp.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Lulz, shut the hell up man. :p

1-There's no such word as "indenticalness"
2-You assume I don't know jack about Debug mode. But, something tells me you haven't even touched a coded-compatible phone, let alone tried it out. :p "Debug mode" has two things to it: Story triggered, and manual. When it's story triggered, the gameplay speeds up and Sora simply has the ability to kill things faster. Later on in the game, however, you can unlock this ability right off the bat. That said, the "debug" feature is simply a hodge podge of skills known as "debug abilities", that range, once again, from the speedy mode, down to the Reaction Combo skill. Simply put, "debug mode" is just one ability that belongs to the debug skill-set. Compared to Overclock, it's an obsolete system. Overclock can implement debug, and much more all in-one.

What you saw isn't debug - once again, it's a challenge area. That screen in coded only shows up during "debug mode", but obviously, if you even bothered to pay attention to the snippets of gameplay vids on the sight, it's not the same thing.

Derp.
Arrogance, it looks good on you.

Derp.

I'm excited for this game, they really did seem to add in the best parts of the various games. I hope it doesn't take -too- long after the Japanese Release to come out, because it looks like a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back