• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Blue Trinity marks ARRGH!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Are you not able to clear the Atlantica missions even for the story? I don't want to keep ragging you about mini-games, it's just that... there are no score challenges for Atlantica. It seems like they were cut. If you can clear the story, the game just wants you to replay the songs, and you can, no joke, immediately end the song and get full credit. It's hilarious to me.

If you can't clear the story, that's a different thing. Some styles of gameplay just aren't for some people, I get that.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
In the vanilla Black; I couldn't clear the first song at all, the first time, so no story there. Can't say about final mix unless they made it easier. I'm just not good at rhythm stuff, ugh ugh.

If Atlantica shows up at all, I'd rather see it closer to the first game and maybe even they go chase Ariel on land.

[Edit] Speaking of KH1, just got Kurt Ziza down. Ugh, he was worse than I remembered. But he's dead now. Phantom, you're next, and so's Hundred Acre Wood. Then the cups are going DOWN! At least they have the scene skip in this now, instead of me having to rely on basically save states from PCSX2 to keep from repeating that cs over and over. Going to have to get some more megaelixirs tho.

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
In the vanilla Black; I couldn't clear the first song at all, the first time, so no story there. Can't say about final mix unless they made it easier. I'm just not good at rhythm stuff, ugh ugh.

Sadly, it's the same. I'd say give it another shot, but if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

[Edit] Speaking of KH1, just got Kurt Ziza down. Ugh, he was worse than I remembered. But he's dead now. Phantom, you're next, and so's Hundred Acre Wood. Then the cups are going DOWN! At least they have the scene skip in this now, instead of me having to rely on basically save states from PCSX2 to keep from repeating that cs over and over. Going to have to get some more megaelixirs tho.

Congrats!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thanks.

BTW, where do you get a stop upgrade besides Phantom? I figure I need to beat him first before I start hunting the shooting monkeys (they kick my butt b/c I get overwhelmed) and I know they got something I'll need; just haven't been able to kill enough. Reminds me of FFXI when EP's could kick your can if they swarm you.. XD

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
ThePumpkinQueen's advice is correct, but you may be asking the wrong question. Despite popular opinion, Stop's upgrades don't actually increase the time the spell lasts, but the radius of the spell. An upgraded radius isn't really a factor when you're just targeting the clock hand, and can zoom around at high speeds.

To increase the time Stop lasts, upgrade Sora's MP. No, really, MP and Magic Power are the same thing in KH1. Since Phantom is barely vulnerable to physical attacks in the first place, it's probably a good idea to use whichever Keyblade gives you the highest MP bonus, like the Spellbinder, plus whatever MP Accessories you might have.

As for the Sniperwilds, while Stop is useful, I like using Mushu a little more, he's worth a shot if you're having trouble (remember to have high MP while using him as well!). Maybe I'm not the best person for advice on the Sniperwilds, I'm bad with them no matter what I use. But Mushu did work best.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thanks Black; I'll try leveling up Sora a bit more and try Spellbinder and some MP accessories. He's at 69 now after I beat the Hades Cup. Oh and I just got the Pooh Stop upgrade, I'll level up a bit more then go for the last one. (Yes, I tend to grind a bit on levels; my fav place is Transverse Town since there's a loop that can give you almost infinite enemies. Problem is right now I can't have Tink out all the time like I had in vanilla and the respawn point has been changed; vanilla it's in the Gizmo Shop, KHFM it's the hotel)

Guess it's grinding and lock the book, then go do it after I grind a bit. Thought I'd need the upgrades on Stop so I could handle them without getting my butt shot fulla holes. ^^ But I'll try Mushu; usually the only summon I abuse is Tinkerbell but even she can't help when you're getting shot by 5-6 of them.

P. S. Wish I could change the title now but can't seem to since this isn't about blue trinity marks anymore. ^^

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
If you're looking to grind with ease, consider doing a little more Item Synthesis. Why? Because after you've made 15 different recipes, KH:FM will give you the Encounter Plus skill, which will have enemies appearing every time you enter a room, so you grind anywhere you want (unless you're just enjoying your route!).

(Encounter Plus doesn't work perfectly with the new FM Heartless, which always struck me as silly, but that's just the way it is, I guess.)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Now that I got the higher Stopra, I'll go and try to hunt Pink Agaricus now that I got the higher Stop, and max my stop the best i can. (Need Serenity Power for one synth that's been bugging me to death)

Just so you know I'm using the guide on here for finding synth stuff; that old strat guide is useless now for that b/c of the new items. I do miss being able to cast stop 3 times on the white mushrooms where that mob is in Atlantica now however, dang. Might not get that until I go to the End of the World.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Good luck with the Agaricus! That is something else I'm rotten at. And yeah, forcing you to go to End of the World for the Stop Arts, that's a pain.

for serenity power, Once you do stop imediately cast secnod or third level aero so you get some extra hits.

I'd cast it before you cast Stop, saves you some time. Aero lasts longer than Stop, so there's no harm.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thanks Pumpkin. Now I just have to deal with sniperwilds so they drop some stuff I need too instead of getting my ass kicked.

Got one btw in Atlantica, I will proly need more but one's good enough for now.

[Edit] Still having trouble with sniperwilds, going to see if i can get high and rain down destruction on their heads. I only have 2 cheers so summons other than bambi in this case are not much help, but if I can get up high maybe they WON'T see me. Might go try to get Superglide before I go much further so I can get on the roof and spam.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Superglide is useful if not solely due to needing to move around quickly in the area.

The Sniper Wilds were always a pain in the neck for me. Like Blackdrazon, I suck at fighting them no matter what I do. All I can recommend (which everyone else has already done) is to use the Spellbinder for that extra MP and equip Goofy with MP Gift. I eventually got the items needed. The Law of Averages was in full effect, mind you, but that's how I did it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I suck at them, went and looked up some strats. Seems the safe way is to get up to the bell tower without going though the Gizmo Shop then nuke the CRUD out of them from high up.

I admit I didn't go with a magic build, but if I can get up high, I'm sure it'll make it a whole lot simpler!

Oh and will Lady Luck work too? I got that.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yeah, Lady Luck will work fine, I had forgotten it had +2 MP as well.

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
heres how i do the sniper wilds.

I hide behind the stairs and attack them as they come. Every Sixth monkey drops the synthisis item. i can somtimes get two before i have to quickly dodge and roll to an exit, then repeat this stratagy. as long as you get them before they lock on you your fine. takes some practice

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll try that pumpkin. Did finally kill phantom (YAY!) so this, then I'll keep trying on the sniperwilds. Then it's (this is a family joke) I-will-kick-your-butt-Sephy! (Has to do with what my brothers heard in his song) Need to finish Pooh too, but right now it's for the lock.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Finally. I had a case of insomnia last night, so decided to try to get on the roof again for the sniperwilds. Found a way to get up there without going though the gizmo shop, that worked like a charm for me to thundersnipe them :) ..I now have 3 power stones, had 4.

If people like i'll get my digital camera or my cell and see if I can get directions. Just need to figure out what else i need too and check the guide to figure out where to farm them.

[Edit] Got the new ability now; i'll keep at this for a while. I'd rather have Ultima Weapon for Sephy anyway; not to mention it opens up the ability to make elixirs, which I use like a mofo on Sephy and on the Ice Titan. Shame they made getting to it harder..Tho I slapped that XP earring on Donald for now, he's two levels behind Goofy and Sora for some reason. Hopefully that'll help him catch up!

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Donald and Goofy are irregularly levelled by default, though I've never bothered to check why. Is one of them lower to begin with? Or does one of them follow a different levelling curve?

By the way, once you're ready to fight the Ice Titan, the prize you get for winning is an even better magic booster for fighting the FM Heartless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back