• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Blue Trinity marks ARRGH!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So okay. I've been trying to finish things up in KH before I go for the end. Thing is..

I'm missing a blue trinity mark somewhere. I've been trying to find them all but I'm still missing one. Using a very old strat guide for this from the original that we had lying around (Oh dear, I know..Don't ask for it tho, it's dogeared, tho it still has the stickers with it)

Are there any of these that are missable, and/or are there any changes on where they could be? This has gotten me major stumped.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
There are no missable Trinities in KH1:FM (and the only missable Trinity in Vanilla KH1 was red).

I don't believe any of the blues were moved in Final Mix, but nevertheless I'd recommend using a more current guide just in case. Try this one on the Wiki.

Trinity - Kingdom Hearts Wiki, the Kingdom Hearts encyclopedia

The hardest to find are the Wonderland ones, the Monstro ones (darn that multi-coloured floor) and the most innocuous one of all: the one near the exit door in Traverse Town (the one I missed in my last playthrough). The best course of action is to start from the top of the list and visit each spot. It's boring, but it has to be done. I had to do the same.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
FOUND It. Thank you blackdrazon. It was the one in Agrabah's Bazaar. I hadn't been in that particular spot the first time, went there, killed the mobs and there it was.

Oh and for those that don't know, I was using the old official Brady Games one for stuff like trinities since I HOPED those would not change between the versions. (Puppies I was using the vid that was posted oh, 2-3 pages back) I might NOT get deep dive but I'm sure going to try since I didn't play it on hard (Rather play to enjoy myself and catch up, I beat myself up enough in FFXIV to not want to do that to myself anywhere else). It's kinda dogeared and beat up and it still has the stickers (unused) tho the mat's falling out now. But that wiki entry + being able to look up exactly where the bazaar was really helped. :smile:

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
You can get deep dive on normal.

You have to get all puppies, all trinities, and finish the journal (meaning you have to do the gold and platinum matches , as well as all four cups) also you have to at least. attempt jungle slide and the vine mini game, and do all of Winnie the poohs scores as this.

Honey- 200
Carrots- 150+
Swing-40+ meters
Tiggers pot- under thirty seconds
Gather all freinds- under five.

and all worlds must be locked, this includes monstro and poohs book. Hope this helps

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I get not wanting to go for Deep Dive on Standard. Thankfully you don't have to do Synthesis or Gummi stuff (though synthesis can help), but you do have to do the secret bosses and that's asking a lot. Up to you!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Hmm, I'd have to try the new boss on Standard. The only requirement for Proud is to clear the Keyholes and finish the Hades cup. Personally I find the Hades cup to be fairly easy (the final boss seems to be balanced with the expectation that you cleared the Hades cup) so I tend to beat it every time I play the game, no matter what I'm going for. But Kurt Zisa I try to avoid like the plague if I'm just playing for fun, even if I am on Standard.

I suppose it's down to the individual player, because now that I know what to do, I find Phantom manageable enough to beat "for fun." That's sure not universal!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I usually tend to go with the hardest setting so that I can easily net that secret ending without having to deal with more stuff that I really don't feel the need to worry about (getting all of those ranks on the 100 Acre Wood mini games comes to mind).

Ironically, I tend to find the bosses easier on Proud than on Standard, but that probably has more to do with the fact that I am more likely to try to farm for synthesis items to use for the Ultima Weapon when on Proud whereas when I used to play on Normal (think vanilla Kingdom Hearts), I didn't have a guide to help me get the items needed.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, I'll try. No promises; I watched a fansub of Deep Dive years and years ago, so I know i'm not really missing anything.

The only thing that might give me trouble is smashing the pot, I swear..ugh ugh, when I beat the game last time I had to ask 'Neko to smash it for me, and it took him longer than 30 seconds. So I'll try but I won't cry if I don't get it.

I didn't have trouble with the optional bosses last time, but I didn't really try to beat Sephy either; I mean to this time for the extra CS. :)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Well, I'll try. No promises; I watched a fansub of Deep Dive years and years ago, so I know i'm not really missing anything.

Yeah, frankly Deep Dive is unrewarding if you've seen the original, kind of like how The Gathering is unrewarding if... actually, The Gathering is just unrewarding.

The only thing that might give me trouble is smashing the pot, I swear..ugh ugh, when I beat the game last time I had to ask 'Neko to smash it for me, and it took him longer than 30 seconds. So I'll try but I won't cry if I don't get it.

Ugh, the pot. Best advice I can give is to use a long keyblade like the Jungle King. The mechanics are so broken that it's practically random even if you are doing your best, so like, what can you do but try, try again... or just walk away from it like a bad minigame deserves?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, I'd like to lock the world at least, so yeah I'll smash it..or ask Neko to do it again plzkthkz! Just prolly won't get the 30 second requirement. I got Metal Chocobo, I'll use that unless I can get the mats for Ultima Weapon (I want to get that..again..) or I get a better long blade from the cups.

But since I did see it subbed a long time ago, I'm not that itchy to see Deep Dive. Oh and while I was growling over that trinity, I watched the 365/2 Days movie thing; Poor Roxas and Xion! Now I know about that and I wish I'd been able to play the original or see it sooner, but money/no system reasons X_X.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
You've be surprised with that thirty second requirement: when it breaks (hitting nuts high in the air, and with huge amounts of luck), it can break real fast. Assuming it cooperates at all... Bleh. I'm trying to be encouraging but it's really not a very good mini-game...

Being able to watch that stuff is one of the reasons they wanted to make these remakes, so I'm glad you got the chance!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
To be frank, Hundred Acre Wood annoys me to no end. I'll just be happy if I get good enough to lock it. And thanks tho I know most of those minigames there are bad imo..

I'm glad I got the chance myself and once I beat this, I'll be doing Re:COM since that was one of the games I actually missed too; I'm not looking to get all teh trophies as it is. Trophies to me are icing on the cake, not be all and end all.

Also I hope I can find Gigas Shadows with no troubles now that well, I've locked Hollow Bastion. I'll keep trying entrances until I find the one that pops shadows.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
To be frank, Hundred Acre Wood annoys me to no end. I'll just be happy if I get good enough to lock it. And thanks tho I know most of those minigames there are bad imo..

Yeah, that's the pain, isn't it? I like that KH2 let you clear the mini-games for story reasons, no matter how badly you do, even if it meant 100 Acre Wood didn't have quite as good rewards as in KH1.

I'm glad I got the chance myself and once I beat this, I'll be doing Re:COM since that was one of the games I actually missed too; I'm not looking to get all teh trophies as it is. Trophies to me are icing on the cake, not be all and end all.

Yeah, that's good, play for fun, especially in CoM. CoM has the most boring trophies in both collections. It's not worth it for anyone.

Also I hope I can find Gigas Shadows with no troubles now that well, I've locked Hollow Bastion. I'll keep trying entrances until I find the one that pops shadows.

Gigas Shadows, and all the new Heartless in KH1, are just a matter of luck. You just keep entering and exiting the room hoping they show, I think the odds are 50% except for the Neoshadow (of course, if you're trying to find them without a guide, that's something else!). For the Gigas Shadows, it's easy to tell if they're going to show up or not, if you know what room they're in:

If you enter the Bizarre Room and find nothing but normal Shadows, Gigas Shadows will show up. If there are other enemies, they will not show up.

Last edited:

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
The trick with the pot.

Is to jump, lock onto the nut, get it high in the air. you will fall on the ground, quickly get back up onto the stump , and hit it agian (or somtimes wait tell the next nut. The closer to the rim you hit it, the faster it breask. I've gotten under thirty seconds with the following keyblades.

Kingdom(On beginner)
Jungleking
Olympus.
Divine rose (this may be short, but three hits and the pot was down i usually go for this but heard good things about the metal chocobo.)

regardless don't forget to jump into the pot once its broken to get a decent item.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
You've be surprised with that thirty second requirement: when it breaks (hitting nuts high in the air, and with huge amounts of luck), it can break real fast. Assuming it cooperates at all... Bleh. I'm trying to be encouraging but it's really not a very good mini-game...

Being able to watch that stuff is one of the reasons they wanted to make these remakes, so I'm glad you got the chance!

Unfortunately, you're right. For me, it's the worst mini game in that world. Everything was way too buggy where I was unable to get what was needed under the time limit. T.T

For me, that tedium involving the (mostly pointless) mini games was what compelled me to go for the hardest setting. The game is more difficult, but there's less fluff to worry about.

Chain of Memories is a surprisingly strategic game. The learning curve can be a bit brutal, but once you get a good grasp of the game, it becomes a lot more enjoyable strategy-wise. When leveling up and choosing which stat boost you want, always go for the sleights whenever the option is there. Those are always helpful.

The trick with the pot.

Is to jump, lock onto the nut, get it high in the air. you will fall on the ground, quickly get back up onto the stump , and hit it agian (or somtimes wait tell the next nut. The closer to the rim you hit it, the faster it breask. I've gotten under thirty seconds with the following keyblades.

Kingdom(On beginner)
Jungleking
Olympus.
Divine rose (this may be short, but three hits and the pot was down i usually go for this but heard good things about the metal chocobo.)

regardless don't forget to jump into the pot once its broken to get a decent item.

I think a lot of us forgot to jump into the pot when it broke and just moved on the first time. I know I did. :p

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Kura; I mean to go with a little higher difficulty with KH2 Remix (as long as it isn't kick-my-ass on the final boss) since I REALLY hate Atlantica with a passion there. (Rhythm game? UGH!) That's why I never got the secret ending in the vanilla KH2; I couldn't STAND Atlantica. This one? I already saw Deep Dive(Fansub, remember?) so I'll be happy seeing the plain vanilla ending this time. And I hope if the book comes back, there won't be as bad a minigames as that. Ugh.

And I'll keep that in mind. Prolly will be ordering the next one soon as I beat COM, prolly not going to platinum it but I'll beat both stories.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Kura; I mean to go with a little higher difficulty with KH2 Remix (as long as it isn't kick-my-ass on the final boss) since I REALLY hate Atlantica with a passion there. (Rhythm game? UGH!) That's why I never got the secret ending in the vanilla KH2; I couldn't STAND Atlantica. This one? I already saw Deep Dive(Fansub, remember?) so I'll be happy seeing the plain vanilla ending this time. And I hope if the book comes back, there won't be as bad a minigames as that. Ugh.

And I'll keep that in mind. Prolly will be ordering the next one soon as I beat COM, prolly not going to platinum it but I'll beat both stories.

The mini games for the 100 Acre Wood are far more manageable in Kingdom Hearts II - almost insultingly so, ironically enough - but as long as you beat the final boss handily enough in the vanilla version of II, you should get "The Gathering" easily enough. That being said, I'd be lying if I said that trying to get "Birth by Sleep" was any easier. It's much harder since it requires you to really work at it no matter what difficulty you're playing. Here are the conditions for "Birth by Sleep" as follows from a Kingdom Hearts wikia:

Beginner: Not available
Standard: Complete Jiminy's Journal, complete all Gummi ship missions and get the Gold Crown
Proud: Complete Jiminy's Journal and get the Gold Crown
Critical: Get the Gold Crown

For all difficulty modes that grant you the secret ending "Birth by Sleep," you are required to get the Gold Crown. The problem here lies in the fact that in order to get the Gold Crown, you must satisfy the Mushroom XIII, defeat the Data Organization XIII and defeat the Lingering Sentiment/Will. The Mushrooms tend to go from easy to dickishly annoying (Mushrooms I and VIII come to mind). The Data Organization XIII can do this as well with Luxord being stupidly annoying if you don't abuse the pause trick to get the timing right for his card game near the end. Lingering Will, however, is an absolute beast. That being said, the alternatives involve trying to do all of the missions in Jiminy's Journal or doing that plus every single Gummi mission as well.

While Critical Mode may be daunting, it's still a load of fun and forces you to play on your toes at times. There are plenty of guides that can help you with some of the superbosses such as the Data Organization XIII and the Lingering Sentiment/Will. Believe me when I say that it's worth it finally seeing that smexy secret ending on your TV screen knowing that you earned that fought hard for it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll think about it.

Here's to hoping that in KH3, they actually make the minigames interesting instead of pull your hair out. I'm looking forward to that once I'm caught up..

And please heaven no, no rhythm games! That is too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back