• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Blue Sky Studios to shut down

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This is sad, but not unexpected. I think most of us could see this coming the moment Disney bought Fox, they didn't need another animation studio.

While I don't really care for most of the Blue Sky movies, it I'm saddened, that we're losing an animation studio and another voice in the medium.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Aw man, that’s sad. I watched the most of the Ice Age movies in theaters. Rip

Barrett

Awards
Might be worth bringing this up again since the studio closed I think yesterday. Looks like Blue Sky Studios may have been committing tax fraud for three years, probably giving a reason for Disney to close down the studio. At least most of the staff gained positions at Disney Animation and Pixar, among other animation studios as well.

On a related note, still a shame with what happened with Nimona, especially since it was supposed to feature LGBT main characters with an LGBT couple in it. I don't know if they were able to do it by the time they closed, but if they didn't shop Nimona for another studio outside of Disney to finish it, I hope they'll at least let either Disney Animation or Pixar finish it since the film is already 75% done.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Aw man, Blue sky was responsible for me choosing to be a biologist due to me growing up on the Ice Age movies. Even though they don't really hold up (Especially since they feature creatures from different geological eras and locations, such as dodos, if methere was a drinking game for historical inaccuracies, you would likely die within the first 30 minutes). What a shame.
(Though the tax fraud does make me question this)

Henry741

Awards
I had assumed Blue Sky would transition to making straight to Disney Plus animated films, but it is what it is. Sad to see.

FaceTime App

Last edited:
Back