• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► Block Wi-Fi Connection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I have a Wireless router, it can also hook up 4 other devices, from Comcast and my dad wants to block it cause he thinks our next door neighbors are probably stealing our connection but I dont know how to do it and if I can just do it on the computer do I need to call Comcast to tell them that I did that or does it even matter if I call them?

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Yes you do.

Because my family had to set a password to block everyone else from using our internet a long time ago since my sister found out our goodfornothing neighbors were stealing it from us.

How'd she know?

We turned off all the computers and watched the little internet light turn green when they got on.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I believe ther's somehting you can type into your web browser( forgot the name, but it wasn an IP type addrss) and you should be able to configure all your settings from there. If your router came with a disk or a manual, try finding that in there.

I searched, and this was what I used: [roa's IP...] but it depends on your router as well, i believe. (It's basically the default i.p. *shrug*)

Or at least, for me I was able to when i wanted to set up a guest account for nintendo wi-fi. :D (*did not have to call her interent company for this*)

either way: google: change router password

Last edited:

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Yes you do.

Because my family had to set a password to block everyone else from using our internet a long time ago since my sister found out our goodfornothing neighbors were stealing it from us.

How'd she know?

We turned off all the computers and watched the little internet light turn green when they got on.

I remember the guy who connected the router said he put a password in and I remember it but I know its not blocked since I can get on PSP without needing to put the password in so do I still need to call or can I just look for the thing and put the password in that the guy gave us?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I believe ther's somehting you can type into your web browser( forgot the name, but it wasn an IP type addrss) and you should be able to configure all your settings from there. If your router came with a disk or a manual, try finding that in there.

I searched, and this was what I used: [roa's IP...] but it depends on your router as well, i believe. (It's basically the default i.p. *shrug*)

Or at least, for me I was able to when i wanted to set up a guest account for nintendo wi-fi. :D (*did not have to call her interent company for this*)

either way: google: change router password

I just edited your post. Roa that was your IP. D: It's different for everyone...

Zero, just call Comcast and ask them instead of us. They'll set it up and everything/tell you what you need to do. If they don't, they aren't doing their job.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I just edited your post. Roa that was your IP. D: It's different for everyone...
Noooooooooooooo. That certain one is pretty widely available.

as i said, if you google "Change your router password." it'lll tell you to inser THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT address into your browser. (Well most sites do, I spose they vary from router to router* I got it forma website, not anything presonal.

If it's mine, then I'm certainly out of luck, but either way, call comcast. XD

http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3676 That's where i got it from. XD. (At lest this time around, I did this on my mother's computer when I had to, so really, i don't have any of the sites in my history)

edit: Oooooooooooooohhhhh it's pretty commong I.P. address. lol. And no that is NOT my I.P address. I just checked. XD. that's not my IP address.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Noooooooooooooo. That certain one is pretty widely available.

as i said, if you google "Change your router password." it'lll tell you to inser THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT address into your browser. (Well most sites do, I spose they vary from router to router* I got it forma website, not anything presonal.

If it's mine, then I'm certainly out of luck, but either way, call comcast. XD

Accessing the Router?s Web-Based Setup Page That's where i got it from. XD. (At lest this time around, I did this on my mother's computer when I had to, so really, i don't have any of the sites in my history)

edit: Oooooooooooooohhhhh it's pretty commong I.P. address. lol. And no that is NOT my I.P address. I just checked. XD. that's not my IP address.

Whatever. D: It's still not the same for everyone. It's different.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
First off: the IP is different for different routers. Sabrina is right on that.

And man'g, what type of router do you have? I've done this quite a bit, I should be able to help you out.

But Sabby's idea on calling the comcast people is probably your best bet, as they'll know exactly what to do.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
First off: the IP is different for different routers. Sabrina is right on that.

And man'g, what type of router do you have? I've done this quite a bit, I should be able to help you out.

But Sabby's idea on calling the comcast people is probably your best bet, as they'll know exactly what to do.

Idk, its like two of them, one of them is a small black box that says RCA and the lights are lit up on Cable Activity, Cable Link, PC Link, and Internet and they are blinking on PC Link and Cable Activity. Mine doesnt have the button on the right side.

digital-cable-modem.jpg

The other one is this but instead of netgear it says Comcast and the power light is always on, the wireless thing is always on, the i with the circle around it is always on I think and the 1 is only on when I turn on the computer and the 2 is on when I use my 360.

netgear_superg.jpg

Ill just call them but before I do, do I need to give them certain information, besides the necessary things like my name, where I live etc., on my computer or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back