• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Blinded (THIS IS THE LAST TIME I POST THIS!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
Alrighty. . .o_O

Boy oh boy, do I feel stupid. I thought that the forums were gone forever, until the wonderfully bright idea hit me that maybe the forums moved, since the site was obviously about the be swallowed whole by a new entity. Ah well. Crap happens.

I guess now I'll actually have to look at my story again - it's officially gathering dust. I'll read it over, tweak it, see what I can do to have the final chapter up by the end of July. OK?

Why is everyone suddenly having fun with alter egos? I'd better not join in, Kinia's evil. . .Unless that's me I'm thinking of. . .heh heh.

And I part with this statement:

APPLE COMPUTERS SUCK! THEY ARE VACUUMS! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Had to say that. I hate them soooooooo much. . .

Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
Well, I hope you can think of something fairly soon. I can't wait to read the end of this fic.

As for the alter egos, it's the latest fad, it seems XD. Krazy started it!

Sam: It's nice to be doing something else then wandering around in some strange place with dragon and bird people.

Cloudrunner: Hawkeye!

Sam: Whatever.

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
Well, I guess you're in luck! I just finished the final chapter. I'VE GOT MY CREATIVITY BACK! HA HA HA HA HA!

Anyway. Here it is. Look for Unspeakable, coming to a thread near you!

--

--Blinded--

--Chapter 12--

--by Darkened Heart--

The sight of Riku crying in Namine's walkway took Sora out of his shock at what had happened. As he had sat in Namine's hallway, clutching the doll protectively to himself, he had seen all of the memories he'd had with Riku, and then, remarkably, he had seen himself sitting at the edge of the pier with Kairi, talking about what other worlds were out there.

He slowly walked towards Riku, dropping the broken doll as he went. He sat down beside his friend, and put a comforting arm around him.

"So, Kairaishi's gone?" he asked quietly. Riku nodded, and took a couple deep breaths to steady himself.

"I was stupid." he said. "I should have trusted her."

"No, you weren't." Sora said. "I trusted her, and look what happened!" he laughed, but stopped at the expression on Riku's face.

The two sat in silence, Riku clutching his knees and taking deep breaths, and Sora doing the best he could to comfort the silver-haired boy.

"So. . .What happened, anyway?" Sora asked finally.

Slowly, Riku told Sora almost everything. He preferred to leave out most of his battle with Ansem, and the part where Kairaishi made her departing speech. Sora listened intently, carefully tying together what had happened to Riku with what had happened to himself.

--Flashback--

Sora held the doll tightly as Riku ran out of the house.

"You don't need the Keyblade anymore." a voice whispered to him from within. "It's done nothing but drag you down, just like everyone else."

"But Kairi. . ." Sora whispered back.

"Even Kairi. She's possessive. The second you even look at another girl, she'll start crying. It's just not fair, now, is it?"

"Yeah." Sora said. His eyes were half closed and blank. He blinked slowly.

Suddenly, the house around him dissolved into the same multicoloured dimension that Riku had witnessed. The Keyblade floated in the middle of it, radiating a soft white glow.

Sora approached it, reaching out.

"Forsake the Keyblade." the voice came.

"But it's mine." Sora replied.

"You let the darkness in your heart take over. Sink into the darkness. It's a better place to be than the blinding light."

Sora shook his head. It was the Light that made you strong, not the darkness. Darkness was like gaining strength for nothing, and then paying for it later on. With Light, you had to work every step to gain what you wanted. At least, that was how he saw it.

"I need the Keyblade. . ." Sora said.

He reached the Keyblade, and bent to grasp the hilt. As his fingers wrapped around it, it disappeared.

"WHAT!" Sora's eyes widened, although they retained their blankness. All that remained of the Keyblade was sparkling air.

"See. . ." the voice said softly. "The Keyblade has left you for one more worthy."

"This can't be happening." Sora fell to his knees, feeling futily around for the Keyblade to return. It had to return. It was his!

He heard footsteps behind him, but he continued to grasp in vain for the nonexistant weapon.

"Sora."

Sora turned around, and came face to face with himself. But the other him wasn't wearing the same clothing. The clothes were mostly black and red, amoung other colours.

"Come with me. We'll go together, into the embrace of darkness. You're the only part of your light left. I'm so much more powerful, there's no need to fight me."

The dark Sora held out an inviting hand, smiling and patiently waiting for Sora to take it. Sora just stared at the hand for what seemed like an eternity before he made his decision.

"No. I can't. For my friends. I don't want them to hurt more than they already do because of Riku and Kairaishi." Sora placed both hands on his heart. He could imagine the looks on their faces, and Kairi's especially. He didn't want to lose her again, and the thought of that made his heart hurt.

The smile disappeared from the dark Sora's face, and he let his hand fall to his side.

"You'd rather be with other people than with yourself? The other side of your Heart?" the dark Sora asked sadly.

"No. . .I just don't want to BE you. If I go with you, I'll BE you. I won't be WITH you." Sora said, aware that he was rambling. But his vision was fuzzy now, and he couldn't think straight.

"I guess you're right." the dark Sora said. "But, your heart rightfully belongs to ME, and only ME!"

"No! That's not true!" Sora said.

He closed his eyes, and when he opened them, he found himself sitting on the beach of Destiny Islands, watching the waves with Riku and Kairi. Riku was in the middle of a sentence, and Kairi was listening eagerly.

"We can build a raft, and sail all the way to the other side of the ocean, and to another world!" he was saying. His eyes sparkled with determination.

Sora looked out to the ocean. It was so big. How could they make it, just the three of them?

He looked around the rest of the island as Riku spoke. What he wouldn't give to have the old days back, before the worries of the Heartless and Ansem and the Order. It was depressing, to think that the Kairi and Riku of the memory didn't know what would happen to them.

Suddenly, he caught sight of two people in the distance. He instantly recognized Namine, and standing beside her was Riku, holding the Keyblade!

"My Keyblade!" he said suddenly, and stood. How could Riku have gotten it? That wasn't possible!

"What are you talking about, Sora?" Kairi said. She was looking at him as though he had gone insane. Riku was still staring at the ocean, seemingly frozen. "Hey! Where are you going?"

Sora ignored Kairi's cry, and began running across the beach, straight towards Namine and Riku, when both disappeared. He skidded to a halt, and glared at the place where Riku was.

Suddenly, the ocean vanished, and the beach became cracked. Half of the island looked as though it was rotting, and at the very edge of the new cliff stood Riku. Once again, Sora was running towards him, and when he turned, there was Ansem.

"Riku!" Sora shouted, reaching out for his friend.

"Don't bother. You can no longer reach him where he is." Ansem said, and sat down, crossing his legs. Sora stood, ready for the fight that he knew would happen.

Ansem glanced up at the stoic Sora.

"Sit down." he said invitingly. Sora frowned, and remained in his position. Undaunted, Ansem spoke again.

"Riku is fighting himself as we speak. I am only here as part of your memories, a messenger of sorts. You were foolish enough to allow your Light to be pulled from your body when you blindly trusted Kairaishi enough to accept her doll."

Sora bit his lip, refusing to say anything. Ansem glanced up, and, realising that Sora wasn't about to say his bit, continued.

"Your life is in Riku's hands. If he loses this battle, then the Darkness in your heart will take over, and the Keybearer shall be no more."

Ansem disappeared.

"Wait a minute!" Sora shouted. "What's that supposed to mean?"

But even as he spoke, the island disappeared, leaving him in the multicoloured dimension again. This time, he was alone, with the doll that Kairaishi gave him in a crumpled heap a few feet away.

Sora felt a need to be with it, a need for it to never leave him, and he ran over to it, and bent to pick it up. As he did, the glove on his hand caught his attention. It had darkened, and it looked exactly like the one that the Dark side of his heart had worn. He stood quickly, and realised that he was wearing the same thing that his Darkness was!

"I told you your heart was mine," he heard himself whisper.

No! he thought. This couldn't be!

Suddenly, the doll shattered, and he was again in Namine's house. An orb of light rose from the middle, and entered him. He felt all the anger and negativity disappear, pushed away from the front of his heart to the back.

"Riku. . ."

Where was he? Had he beaten himself? Sora stood and struggled to make his way to the door, despite the sudden dizziness that caught him off guard.

--

Namine wandered up and down the hall. The doorway was locked, and there didn't seem to be any other way out.

Her surroundings flickered. She was suddenly fearful - what would happen to her if Kairaishi died?!

The hallway flickered again, and the doorway opened. A battered Kairaishi walked down the hallway, and looked surprised to see Namine there.

"You're still here." she said, blandly pointing out the obvious. "Get out." she pointed to the door.

"What happened to you?" Namine said. Despite all that Kairaishi had done, Namine was still worried about her.

"This isn't my heart anymore." Kairaishi said. She clasped her hands together in front of her heart, and was surrounded by an aura of purple light. She sighed, and disappeared.

What did Kairaishi mean by that? Namine wondered as she made her way to the door, which was open a crack. She pulled it the rest of the way open, and walked into a white landscape. She closed her eyes to sheild them from the onslaught of brightness, and when she opened them again, she was laying in bed, with everyone around her.

"You're OK!" Kairi said. Tears flowed down her cheeks, but she and Selphie were the only ones who dared show their emotions. All the guys blinked alot, but didn't try to stop their broad smiles.

There were two people missing, however.

"Where are Riku and Sora?" Namine asked. Her voice was raspy, as though she had been shouting for a very long time.

"What are you talking about?" Selphie said. "They've been gone for two years now."

--Extroduction--

Fin.

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
I never said where or why Sora and Riku were gone. And I'm not going to, because it sort of gives away some stuff for Unspeakable. It'll be explained in Unspeakable.

I need something to link the two stories together. :)

rikuishot333

Awesome chapter... I have been at sleepaway camp for the last two weeks... No computer *Sigh* Well great chapter... Is Unspeakable going to be on this website??

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
kaze_krazy said:
Kaze: NOOOOOOOOO, GoH!!! DON'T LEAVE ME HERE ALONE WITH THESE IDIOTS!! >_<

Me:*glomps Kaze* WEEEEEEEEE!!! HOTTNESS!! ^o^

Sora & Aozora:*backs away steathily* <_< >_>

Gee, Kaze, I didn't know you cared. I'm so touched.
I just got back from my trip about 20 minutes ago...I've had two mornings in one day, that's not supposed to happen, but it did, and I feel messed up because the laws of time have been disregarded during my ridiculously long flight back from Sydney, Australia.

Yea! I'm an Alumnus now! Whho-hoo, my dream has been realized!

But I'm so sad...all the friends I made were part of the delegation from Indiana that we merged with. I live in New York. It was so hard to say good-bye....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back