• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Blinded (THIS IS THE LAST TIME I POST THIS!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
She's so creepy...

She sounds like Larxene, or Yuffie...

But neither could be farther from the truth....

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
Nope. Not Ansem's guardian. :3

And to think, you were sooo close before. . .

Yeah, I'm still in school. Today (Friday), and then Monday thru Wednesday, then I have exams on the next Friday and Monday.

Woo hoo.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
We got out of school at 11:30 today. But the eighth graders had to take the ELA and math finals. BOTH IN ONE DAY! Unfair, really. No, more than just injust (Had to do it:) ), it's torture. Blah......O well. Only two more exams, LOTE (Language Other Than English, Latin for me) and Social Studies. Gee, I'm all a-quiver with anticipation. :rolleyes:

As I've said before, Kairiashi is creepy. Other than that, I have no idea. o_O

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
This should answer all your questions. Rabid fans and casual readers alike, I present to you:

Chapter 11.

--

--Blinded--

--Chapter 11--

--by Darkened Heart--

Again, Namine stood at the crossroads of Kairaishi's heart. She had come here to explore the dark side of Kairaishi's heart. She felt the familiar pull towards the lane of dead trees.

Suddenly, a ripple of - something - went through the place. The dark side of Kairaishi's heart was no longer calling to her. She could choose where she went.

"I feel. . .so happy." she said softly, and rested her hand on her heart. It felt like it would burst, like a bright light was radiating from it. Was Kairaishi feeling the same way?

Namine smiled dreamily, and wandered down the lane of sakura trees.

She could hear laughter emanating from between the trees, but she couldn't find the source. It was pure, childlike laughter, that made her heart feel even bigger. Laughing, she ran down the lane, to the beautifully crafted open brass gates at the end. She walked through them, but she wasn't prepared for what she saw.

She was on Destiny Islands. Riku, Kairi, and Sora were all sitting on the beach as young children. Riku tapped Sora on the opposite shoulder, then turned away, snickering as Sora looked away from him to see who tapped him. He turned back to Riku, and pushed him. Riku began to laugh, and pushed Sora back. Kairi shook her head, but joined in the laughter as the two boys began to chase each other in circles around the beach, trying to push each other into the sand.

Why would Kairaishi have Riku's memories?

The scene changed to Riku standing alone in the secret place, staring at the door with the lock. Sora called to him from outside, and he slowly turned, and ran after his friend.

Then, in rapid succession, Namine glimpsed when Riku gave himself up to the darkness, when Riku gained the power of darkness, when Ansem took control.

And that's when she saw it.

--

Riku decided in that split second to use the Keyblade for primary attacks, and the Soul Eater for defense and secondary attacks. As Ansem came for him, he raised the Soul Eater and deflected the first strike. Ansem flew back as the momentum transferred from the Soul Eater to the double lance to him, but he landed on his feet.

"You never learn, do you?" Riku called. "I've defeated you before!"

"Idiot." Ansem replied, and came for him again. Riku ducked the second attack, and landed a solid blow to Ansem's side with the Keyblade. He staggered sideways.

"You're learning." he smiled, and flew up into the air. His Guardian appeared behind him, and Ansem spun his lance, creating a vortex of dark energy. He sent it flying towards Riku. Riku swung at it with the Keyblade as it drew nearer, but the vortex was too strong, and bowled him head over heels.

"Your fear is still controlling you, as it always has!" Ansem shouted, and pointed his lance accusingly. He slowly floated to the ground, his boots making a resounding clack on the invisible floor.

Riku lay face-first on the ground, the two weapons still clutched tightly in his hands. Slowly, shakily, he got up, his eyes filled with hatred.

"I'LL KILL YOU ONCE AND FOR ALL!" he shouted, and ran for Ansem, who didn't move.

"Come, Guardian!" he cried as Riku got closer. The black demon was in front of him in a flash, and Riku hit the Guardian instead of Ansem.

"Idiot." Ansem repeated. "Don't you remember the power that I have?"

Riku didn't respond. There was no point in wasting his breath on Ansem anymore. He jumped into the air, and flipped over Ansem, turning quickly to slice his back with both the Soul Eater and the Keyblade. Ansem turned around just as quickly after that attack, and caught Riku in the stomach, ripping open his bodysuit and causing blood to flow. Riku jumped back, his eyes wide with horror, as the blue of his uniform became a sickly shade of purple.

Riku's mind was reeling. He realised that he would have to use long range attacks now, or else he risked certain death.

The double lance disappeared from his hands, and Ansem held his arms out horizontally, and the Guardian sunk into the backdrop. There was nothing for it - Riku would have to start running for his life, a cowardly move. But there was no way to attack the Guardian, and while Ansem was in that state, there was no way to attack him, either. Riku began jumping backwards, always keeping the neverending vortexes in his sight. Each time, he narrowly missed being grabbed by the Guardian.

But he knew that there was no way that Ansem could continue an attack like that. His power would drain quickly, and he would have to use the barrier that rendered him invincible against most attacks.

As soon as the Guardian disappeared, Riku threw the Soul Eater into a spinning, sweeping arc, straight towards Ansem. Realising what was happening, Ansem focussed his energies on generating the spherical, glowing barrier, but the Soul Eater caught him in the chest, throwing him off his feet.

"What, you thought you could outsmart me?" Riku said as the Soul Eater returned to his hand. "We used to be the same person."

"We're still the same person." Ansem said, a smirk forming on his face.

"NO! You're not part of me! You're GONE!"

"Stupid." Ansem stood slowly, but didn't attack. The double lance reappeared in his hand, but he held it lowered. "Your FEAR will never be gone from you!"

"What are you talking about?" Riku shouted. Ansem didn't answer, but came after Riku again. Frantically, Riku summoned a portal of darkness and sunk into it.

Big mistake. The Guardian was there, waiting for him, and tackled him immediately, clawing at his bodysuit and his skin. Blood flew everywhere, and Riku's screams were drowned out by the choking darkness.

"Help me. . .Somebody." he mouthed. Immediately, he began to glow, and the darkness around him dissipated, melting into the familiar surroundings of Destiny Islands.

Riku was so taken by surprise that he didn't say a thing. Slowly, and carefully, he looked around him. Was this one of Ansem's tricks?

His eyes came to rest on a group of small children. It was he, Sora, and Kairi, all sitting and playing like they used to, before all of this happened.

"Riku."

He spun around, and was relieved to see that it was Namine, not Kairaishi, who was standing beside him. She looked disheveled, like she had been through multiple nightmares. Her eyes were dull, and now, her forehead creased with worry.

"What happened to you?" she asked, horrified. Riku looked at himself. All over his body, there were bleeding wounds. Only shreds of his bodysuit remained, but somehow he managed to keep his dignity.

"I. . .Don't know." he suddenly realised that he couldn't remember a thing. What had he been doing prior to this?

"I know. . .I know what Kairaishi really is." Namine said. "It wasn't in the dark side of her heart, it was in her light." she looked over wistfully to the three children playing on the sand.

"What is she?" Riku asked desperately. Namine opened her mouth to answer him, but suddenly, Riku was back on the battleground, confused.

"Good work." Ansem said. He was standing in his previous spot patiently. "You used your light to find your way out of the darkness."

"Good work? What are you talking about?" Riku asked. "What just happened?"

Ansem just smiled at him, a soft, kind smile. Against his will, Riku took a step back, completely mortified and disgusted. This was not Ansem.

"I would have let you stay, but I wasn't counting on Namine being there."

"What. . .?"

Without another word, Ansem lunged at Riku again, double lance at the ready. No! Riku wasn't ready for this! His wounds stung, and the stinging became burning as he desperately rolled out of the way of Ansem's attack.

Painfully, he stood. Ansem was turning, preparing to utilise his bullet-like attack, which was nearly unstoppable.

This was it. Riku couldn't fight anymore. The pain was too great, and it had sapped all his strength just to stand and keep standing.

As Ansem rose a couple feet into the air, the Keyblade began to glow. Slowly, against his will, Riku's arm raised, so that the Keyblade was pointing directly at Ansem, who had formed the airstream around him. The Keyblade began to glow with more intensity, and Ansem flew towards Riku, just as the Keyblade's point erupted in light. A solid stream of light shot out, demolishing Ansem's airstream and his attack, blowing him to the far side of the multi-coloured dimension. Riku looked on in surprise. What had just happened? Sora had never managed to make the Keyblade do that, at least, not in his experience.

Ansem pushed himself up off the ground, his body bruised and battered. He staggered as he tried to stand, and his amber eyes glared at Riku with contempt.

Suddenly, the amber eyes changed to a deep blue, and Ansem disappeared, leaving Kairaishi face-down and seemingly unconscious.

--

Namine's eyes widened as she witnessed Riku's possession by Ansem. She saw the two merging, and out of sight of both Ansem and Riku, a sphere appeared overhead, containing a figure in the fetal position. As the possession progressed, the figure grew larger, until it was the size of Riku. It glowed, and white hair sprouted from its head, cascading down her back and braiding itself. Slowly, the figure unfolded, and as it did, the white shirt with its collar and the baggy jeans with their multiple pockets appeared. As the possession became complete, and the product of it walked away, the lone little girl looked on, her eyes filled with sadness, and an exact replica of her held in her arms.

"Kairaishi." Namine whispered. The girl's head snapped in her direction.

"Who are you?" she asked sharply.

"Namine." the blonde replied nervously. This wasn't normal. The people in the memories were never aware of her.

"You are not supposed to be here." Kairaishi said.

"I need to do this for Riku." Namine said, determined. She had come this far, watching Sora and Riku's history through Riku's corruption. She wasn't about to turn back just as she had almost reached her goal.

"It is not your place. I will tell Riku when it is time." Kairaishi's eyes narrowed, and a dark ring of fire surrounded her. She disappeared, leaving Namine alone in the hall. Now how was she going to get out?

--

Riku slowly, painfully, walked across the dimension to where Kairaishi lay. It seemed to take an eternity to reach her. As he came near, Kairaishi turned her head to rest her cheek on the invisible floor. Riku stood in front of her, looking at her messy hair and her torn clothes. But most importantly, at the broken doll still clutched in her hands.

Kairaishi half-opened her eyes. They had a glazed-over look to them. She coughed, and began to cry.

"You win." she whispered.

"What's going to happen to you?" Riku said quietly. He never guessed that he would get caught up with such a pathetic act of dying. After all she had done to him, he supposed that he should be happy that this moment had finally come. But instead, there was an eating sadness in his heart. He felt for her.

"I cannot be in this body anymore." she said. Her voice was barely audible now, forcing Riku to sit down to be able to hear her. Her dull eyes held his attention.

"What do you mean?"

"You really are stupid." Kairaishi said. "You didn't figure it out."

She reached for him, just as she had in the dream. Riku's eyes widened, and he struggled to stand and back away. But Kairaishi had cast her spell on him once again, and he found himself unable to move.

"You missed the point of the dream." Kairaishi whispered. She took his hand and squeezed it tightly. Riku began to glow, and with a shock, he realised that what little light he had was fading. Even though it had allowed him to use it and the Keyblade during the battle, it suddenly became clear that it had been fading ever since Kairaishi had come. Slowly, darkness had been taking over. Riku realised that every outburst had been because his light had lost another battle, and the darkness, the tainted darkness, had spread, seeking to choke the light out completely.

"Fear," Kairaishi continued, "Is part of your Light. Without fear, you jump into the idiotic risks that you took when you let Ansem take over your body. You lost the good fear then. And when I came back, you were so blinded by the bad fear that you refused to realise who I really am."

Unbidden tears flowed down Riku's cheeks. His heart cried out - the missing part of his light was so close, and yet he was going to lose her. Part of his heart had been banished, and now she was going to disappear forever.

Kairaishi smiled weakly and tightened her grip on Riku's hand. She closed her eyes for the final time, and disappeared along with the multicoloured dimension, leaving Riku sitting alone in Namine's walkway and crying.

The door of Namine's home opened. Sora stood in the doorway, staring dumbfoundedly at his doll, which had broken suddenly as he was cradling it. A burst of light had been released from the doll, and suddenly, Sora's hatred, and the hole in his heart, was gone.

--Extroduction--

No, this isn't the last chapter. I still have loose ends to tie up. But I ran out of room. o_O

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Me:.........IT ALL MAKES SEMSE NOW!!!! BLINDED BY THE BAD FEAR!!! I UNDERSTAND!!! ^_^

Kaze: That was a kool fight scene!!! And....now for some reason I feel like crying...

Me:....Baby..-_-;

Kaze:...I'm no baby....*sniff**sniff* anyway, that was probably the BEST chappy yet!!!

Me: W00T W00T!!! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back