• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Blinded (THIS IS THE LAST TIME I POST THIS!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ree_chan

whew...i guess i hav 2 wait again. DH,,ur sig is...um...i think i ever heard it...its...its...arggh!! ah! its "i'm not okay",,performed by MCR,,too aite? ~_~

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
EH?! Why? Kairaishi's NOTHING like Destiny. . .Kairaishi's role, later in the story, isn't to cause people pain, it isn't about manipulating people, it isn't about being obsessed with people, it isn't about what Dest's been doing.

No. . .Dest only SOUNDS like Kairaishi. She's nothing like her.

Don't mind my ramblings - it's late, I'm in a horrible mood. I long for my pills. . .But I have to keep them far, far away tonight.

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
Gee, thanks alot mods, YOU JUST ERASED CHAPTER TEN!

They destroyed my thread because we were taking the conversation too far off topic.

So, I guess. . .I have to repost it. You guys should thank me that I saved it on my computer, otherwise the MODS WOULD BE IN ALOT OF TROUBLE!

--

--Blinded--

--Chapter 10--

--by Darkened Heart--

--Introduction--

Is it just me, or did Chapter 9 totally suck butt? <<. . .I dunno. I wrote it in one sitting. This one, I'll read over.

Anyway. . .Kairaishi's taken the Kingdom Key keychain. Riku knows that if the person's heart is strong enough, they can take the Keyblade from the Keybearer and use it effectively. Considering Sora's state of heart, who's to say that Kairaishi can't use it?!

Also, this is a shorty, because it leads up to the exciting climax! Guaranteed that Chapter 11 will be much, much longer.

--

Riku looked down at Sora, who was staring at the crumpled doll at his knees. Was he in this all alone? The last time that he had faught against a dark power, he had won using his own darkness. But, in the dream, Kairaishi had destroyed Ansem with a single touch. He had no idea the power that he was up against.

"I'll get the Keychain back, Sora." Riku said. Sora seemed to be in a daze, and slowly reached out for the doll.

"I don't want to lose it again. . ." he whispered.

"What?" Riku asked, surprised. What was he talking about?

Sora's fingers wrapped around the doll, and he pulled it to his chest. Dammit, that was creeping Riku out. It would make sense that Kairaishi would be after the Keyblade - giving Sora the doll, the doll doing what it had to him - it all came together.

"I won't let you give in to the darkness." Riku said, and ran out of the house before Sora could respond.

To his surprise, Kairaishi was standing at the end of Namine's dirt walkway. She was staring at Riku with a purpose, her doll and the Keychain clutched in her hands. Her eyes were narrowed in concentration, as if she were preparing herself for Riku to come right at her and rip her to shreds.

"Finally." she said. "I thought you'd never come."

Her voice had a steely edge to it - all innocence had been lost. Now, she meant business. There were no more acts of innocent stupidity, no more lying in that sing-song voice.

"So you wanted this all along." Riku said, carefully closing the door behind him.

"You're smarter than you let on." Kairaishi smiled. Riku glared at her. After all this, she still felt the need to insult him.

"Why?"

"But then again. . .You do have your stupid moments." Kairaishi said. Riku's glare intensified. She didn't quaver under it, however. She was above such things.

"Tell you what," she said, holding the Keychain out. "I'll fight you, using the Keyblade. If you win. . .You get to keep your heart. If you don't. . .Then you and the whole of Destiny Islands will sleep in the endless abyss inside Kingdom Hearts."

Riku's eyes widened. How did she know about that? Very few people were priveleged - that wasn't the right word - enough to see it. The only people he knew of were himself, Ansem, Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Kairi. Kairaishi had never been there.

"I take that as a yes!" she said gleefully, and closed her eyes.

"You can't use the Keyblade!" Riku said. The Soul Eater appeared in his hand as he readied himself for battle.

Kairaishi laughed.

"The person with the strongest heart can wield the Keyblade. Sora's heart has been weakened, so I am the new Keybearer!"

Riku understood that it was hopeless to go against the Keyblade. Painfully humiliating memories of his defeats by it returned to him.

But this was Sora's - and his own - heart at stake! He had to try!

"I won't let you endanger Sora or my friends! I've lost them all once, and I won't lose them again! I don't care what happens to me, I don't want them to go through all that again!"

The keychain glowed in her hand, and the Kingdom Keyblade appeared. She gripped the hilt and held it sideways, smiling all the while.

But the Keyblade didn't stop glowing. With a flash, it disappeared from her hands and reappeared in Riku's free hand.

"What?!" Kairaishi shrieked. Riku brought his hand up, just as shocked as Kairaishi was to find the Keyblade in his possession.

"I guess your heart isn't the strongest one here, Kairaishi." Riku smirked.

"I have enough power even without the Keyblade." Kairaishi said. She raised her hands high above her head. To Riku's horror, the very fabric of reality disintegrated around them, plunging them into a multicoloured netherworld. The colours, white, aqua, blue, green, shifted. There was no perspective, no feeling of solid ground. Riku felt the uneasy sensation that he could fall at any second.

"We'll fight right here, right now." Kairaishi brought her arms down to her sides. A double-ended lance appeared in her hand. The staff was black, and the blades were eerily similar to Riku's Soul Eater blade. With a shock, Riku realised that this was Ansem's weapon that he had used when he fully used his dark powers!

"Ansem. . ." the word escaped his lips.

"Aw, I guess you caught me." Kairaishi smiled. Her body seemed to melt away into the multicoloured universe, and Ansem reappeared.

"You were always Ansem! All along!" Riku cried.

"Not exactly." Ansem said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Riku replied angrily, holding up both the Keyblade and the Soul Eater.

"If you win, I'll tell you." Ansem pointed at Riku. "Now, let your darkness consume you and give you power!"

Against his will, Riku felt his darkness growing. He glowed with a dark light, much as he had when he was travelling through Castle Oblivion. He fully expected his dark bodysuit to appear.

And it did. But. . .It wasn't the same. The colours were the same, but black straps criss-crossed down his arms and legs, and across his chest, like they had on his old yellow shirt, replacing the Heartless' symbol. It didn't feel like he was using something dirty, something he despised. This was his own darkness, untainted.

Where had Ansem gone? He had left his heart.

"I'm standing in front of you." Ansem said. He crossed his arms, impatient.

"No. . ." Riku said. "You're not Ansem."

"I am as much Ansem as you are Riku." Ansem said simply. "I'm getting bored! We fight NOW!"

He rushed Riku, the double-ended lance held at the ready.

--

--Extroduction--

Like I said, short. But that's because I didn't want to have to chop the battle in half becuase of the forum's stupid size limitations.

In case you people happen to be experts on Ansem's mannerisms. . .I know he doesn't talk like he should. I did that on purpose! PURPOSE! DON'T FLAME ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back