• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Blinded (THIS IS THE LAST TIME I POST THIS!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
I swear, if I lose this fic again, there is NO FRICKING WAY that I am re-posting it again.

--

--Blinded--

--by Darkened Heart--

--Introduction--

A distant flag, off the shores of Destiny Island. A raft, carrying a battered girl. An evil, which contaminates the hearts of all.

There's a new girl who has come to Sora's world. Her hair is in a long braid and is white, and her deep blue eyes reflect innocence.

She seems too nice, though, for Riku, who knows all too well the clutch of darkness. Are his concerns unfounded?

This was a joint effort between me and a friend, who are both completely obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and are impatiently waiting for the second one to come out.

---

Sora was content as he settled down to sleep. Kairi and Riku, he was sure, were both in bed just as he was. There was nothing to worry about. Not his friends, not Heartless, not Ansem, not the Organisation.

It seemed too good to be true, though, that he had managed to brave every obstacle. Was his heart really that strong?

Sora smiled at this. Of course his heart was that strong. That's why he was entrusted with the Keyblade. He wouldn't deserve the Keyblade if his heart hadn't been strong enough. He wouldn't be here if his heart wasn't strong enough.

But something was still nagging at the back of his mind. What could it be?

After trying desperately to sleep, and rolling over at least ten times, Sora finally sat up and gazed out his window. Their island was still intact. There wasn't a darkness enveloping it. There weren't Heartless running rampant.

Stars shot across the sky. Had another world's walls been torn down?

Suddenly overcome by sleepiness, Sora laid down and fell to sleep.

---

"Look, Sora!" Kairi stood on the very edge of the beach, pointing.

"What's out there, Kairi?" Sora stood beside her and squinted out to sea. A flag on a pole was bobbing up and down.

"What do you think it is?" Kairi wondered.

"It looks alot like our raft that we built a couple years ago." Sora said, and smiled at Kairi. "Remember?"

Kairi giggled.

"Of course I remember, Sora."

"Who's on it?" Riku walked up to the two, also squinting at the raft.

"We can't see that far, Riku." said Sora with a smile.

"Oh right. I forgot that you're half blind." Riku laughed. Sora replied with a laugh and a playful punch to his friend's shoulder. Riku responded with a lighthearted attempt to trip Sora, and the two started to wrestle in the sand, laughing and trying to get the best of each other. Kairi watched the fight, laughing at Riku as he tried to escape Sora's knuckles rubbing against his head.

No one noticed as the raft was washed upon the shore, the retreating high tide leaving it a long way up the beach. A girl was on it, and her clothes were battered and dirty. Her braided hair was messy and greyed.

The girl sat up.

"Where. . .Am I?"

Kairi froze and turned around.

"Sora. . .Riku. . ." she said softly.

"Kairi?" Sora struggled out of Riku's pin and stood up ("Punk," Riku muttered), brushing the sand off his clothes. Riku followed suit. Sora walked to Kairi's side, catching sight of the strange girl.

"Who is she?" Sora asked. Riku was still standing in his original spot, with a frown on his face.

"I don't like her smell. . ." he said quietly. Neither Kairi nor Sora heard him, however, as both were running across the beach to see who this girl was.

"Are you alright?" Sora squatted down, looking at the girl. She looked back at him, her expression confused and anxious.

"Where am I?" she asked again, her voice desperate. "Where's my family? Where's my. . .my. . ." she trailed off.

"Where's your what?" Kairi asked.

"It's special to me. It's mine. I need it." the girl was ranting, repeating the same things over and over again. "Where is it?! I NEED IT!" she was in hysterics.

"Wait, wait!" Sora said, trying to calm the now sobbing girl down. "Just tell us what you're looking for, and we'll help you!"

"Where am I?" the girl replied.

Sora sighed. This conversation was going in circles.

"Destiny Islands." Kairi said.

"Destiny Islands." the girl repeated.

"What's your name?" Kairi asked.

"I don't know."

"Have you forgotten?" Kairi continued.

"I don't know."

"Maybe it's just buried beneath all the other memories in your heart." a blonde-haired girl in a simple white dress sat down beside Sora.

"Maybe."

"Memories never die - they're just waiting for you to remember them." the blonde continued.

"But then, that's your strength, isn't it, Namine?" the girl said suddenly. "You know so much about memories."

Namine, Kairi, and Sora were all shocked.

Riku had been watching the conversation from the same spot, and chose now to walk over to the group and see what this girl really was. When he reached them, the girl looked up, into his eyes, and he felt a sudden pleasant sensation, like everything was going to be alright, and he didn't have to worry anymore. . .

He shook his head. What was he going to do again?

"Welcome to the island, I guess." Sora said. Maybe her world was torn to pieces by Heartless, and she was thrown into their world. That would explain the meteor shower.

"Maybe it's in the sand." the girl stood up, and glanced at Riku again. He could still smell it. The darkness that wasn't quite hidden by her appearance. And something about that appearance, too, struck him as familiar. Her shirt was white and had a zipper down the front, and a necklace framed the collar. Her pants reached the ground, and had numerous pockets and zippers and straps. The pants were completely new, but the shirt gave Riku the strangest case of deja vu. Where had he seen it before?

The girl was on her knees, sifting through the sand.

"If you told us what it looks like, we could help you, right guys?" Sora asked Kairi, Namine, and Riku.

"Of course." Kairi said.

"How could she have lost something that fast?" Riku said. "It's probably all the way out there, at the bottom of the ocean."

"NO!" said the girl suddenly, and glared at Riku. "NO! It ISN'T! It's HERE, I KNOW it is!"

"What does it look like?" Namine asked. The girl looked like she didn't want to say what it was, but after a few moments, she came to a conclusion.

"It's a doll. It looks just like me." she said finally. "And it's about this high." she indicated with her hands the size of a foot.

Riku smirked.

"Why would someone your age have a DOLL?" he asked.

"Hey!" said Sora. "Don't tease her!"

"Why?" Riku retorted. "Because you've got lots of dolls in your room?"

"Shut up!" Sora cried, a blush creeping across his face. "They're not dolls. . .they're. . .ornaments!"

Riku laughed loudly at this. Sora tried to return the colour of his face to normal, being careful not to make eye contact with anyone.

Kairi and Namine were laughing, and the girl managed a chuckle before she continued to dig in the sand. Sora was quick to join her, and soon, even the reluctant Riku was sifting sand, looking for the doll.

Hours passed, and the tide began to come back in. There was no sign of the doll. The girl was in tears.

"It can't be gone, I just had it!" she sobbed.

"I still think that it's out there." Riku pointed. Everyone was tired from the searching, and tiredness just made the girl cry much more easily. It seemed like she wouldn't be able to stop, and she was soaking her clothes with her tears.

"Wait a minute!" Namine said, and held something up. "I think I found it!"

The girl stopped crying immediately.

"Are you sure?" she asked hopefully. "Are you absolutely positive?" she moved closer to Namine, who was busy dusting the sand off of what she was holding.

"Well, it does look like you. . ." Namine said. In her hand was a doll about a foot high, and save for some sand in the hair and small grooves, it looked exactly like the girl.

"Thank you." the girl whispered, and took the doll from Namine, hugging it to her chest. "My doll, my keepsake, you're all I have left. . ."

"Hey, look!" Kairi said. She had come upon the pair during their conversation, while Riku and Sora had been distracted by Kairi challenging them to see who ran around the island twice first. "There's strings hanging from her."

"Yeah." said the girl. "But. . .the wooden cross that lets you make her move is gone. There's nothing but the strings."

"I can fix it." Riku said as he sat down, winded. Sora came to a skidding halt right before him.

"You got a head start." Sora said defiantly. Riku just rolled his eyes.

"I don't want you to fix it." the girl said softly. "I can fix it. I've fixed it before. I can even make more of these!" she said brightly.

"So then why didn't you just make another one when you lost that one?" Sora asked.

"Because this one can't be replaced. My mother made it and gave it to me. But now she's gone. My whole family is gone." she was silent. Fresh tears streamed down her face.

"Oh. . .I'm. . .Sorry." Sora said. There was an awkward silence before Namine spoke.

"What's that hanging from her shirt?" she pointed to what looked like a slip of paper. The girl turned the doll over and pulled the paper out of it's place in the collar.

"I never noticed this before." the girl said, suspicion coating her words. She gave an evil glance to Namine before she looked at the paper again. "It's blank." she tore it to pieces and put it in her pocket.

"The sun's going down, everybody." Kairi said. "We should all get home. But. . .where will you stay?" she asked the girl.

The girl looked directly at Riku again.

"She can stay with me." Riku said. Ah, that feeling again. . .It felt like someone was purposefully messing with his head. He didn't want her to be in the same house as him. But he was speaking before his thoughts could surface. What was going on?

"Then it's settled." Kairi said. "So we can all go home and get some rest."

"And maybe," Sora said hopefully, looking at the girl, "You could tell us what happened to your family."

Kairi glared at him, but the girl nodded.

"Yeah. I guess I could - but only if everyone else tells me first." she smiled.

---

Destiny

DH better hurry and post the rest of the Chapters!!!! lol, hurry hurry hurry!!!
The fan fic fanatics await!
(hah hah hah, how corny)

(loses mind and plays max 300 on hard mode) AGAIN!

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
Eek! Fangirls!

--

--Blinded--

--Chapter Two--

--by Mukino Kuneka--

--Introduction--

Everyone heads home. Riku, who 'offered' to let the girl bunk with him, is concerned for his own health. Will he be safe with this girl in the same house?

---

"Hello?" Riku opened the door to his home, with the girl following close behind him.

"Thank you for letting me stay with you." the girl said. Riku waited until they were both inside and the door was closed before he spoke.

"I don't know what kind of dark powers you used to make me offer my house," he turned to her, gazing into her dark blue eyes. "But you had better stop it."

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about." the girl said. She broke their gaze and looked to her doll. She wiped off some of the remaining sand.

What was Riku going to do? This girl wasn't going to admit that she was manipulating his mind, and it was dangerous - really dangerous - to let her be anywhere near him. But everyone else seemed to really trust her. What would happen if he refused to let her stay with him? Would she go after someone else? Sora? Kairi? Namine?

"Fine." he said tiredly. It would be better if he was burdened with her. He wouldn't let her get his friends. Ever. "Take off your shoes. Mom!" he called.

"Finally, you're home." Riku's mother appeared in the entraceway, wearing an apron. Her hair was the same silver that Riku's was, but that was probably because of age, not genetics. "Who's that you have with you?"

"She. . .doesn't remember her name." Riku said. "She's orphaned, but she made it here somehow."

"Hello." the girl said. "I've nowhere else to go. May I please stay here?"

Riku's mother looked the girl up and down. Her eyes went blank.

"Of course. We have an extra mattress. Hm?" she shook her head, disoriented. "Ah. . .What was I doing? Yes, making supper. Riku, I want you to set up a bed in the living room for her." she left the way she came.

Riku was furious, but he contained his anger.

"NEVER do that to her again." he said through clenched teeth.

"What are you talking about?" the girl said. She had gone back to studying her doll. "Do you have a comb? I need to brush the sand out of her hair."

"No." Riku said shortly, and left the entranceway. The girl took off her shoes and followed him through a hallway and up a flight of stairs. They went down the hall, where double doors signalled a cupboard. Riku nearly ripped open the cupboard doors as he got out a mattress, blankets, and pillow for the girl. She was still silently following him as he went to the living room and prepared her bed.

"Thank you." she said, and she smiled. Riku half-heartedly returned the smile.

--

The girl had eaten supper with Riku's family, much to his displeasure, and apparently his family loved her; she was completely polite. Riku's parents had asked her many questions - about her hometown, her parents, how she had lived - but the girl either wouldn't or couldn't tell them. The only response they'd receive was a sad "I don't remember." Now the family was preparing for bed.

"This has got to be an act." he muttered as he dressed for bed. He pulled on a pair of comfortable navy blue shorts that reached past his knees, and wore a very long white undershirt. "Not even Kairi forgot that much, and she was much, much younger."

His room wasn't cluttered with toys and boxes made to look like robots like Sora's was. The covers had been kicked off his bed in his recent nightmare. He gathered them and threw them back onto the bed.

He heard a rustling behind him, and whipped around. Not surprisingly, the girl was standing in his doorway, still clutching her doll. Didn't she ever put it down?

"I can't sleep in these clothes." she said. Riku rolled his eyes.

"I don't have anything extra." he said through clenched teeth.

"Do you know if someone else has anything?" the girl asked.

Namine would probably have something. But Riku wasn't about to let that girl get near anyone. What about his parents? He decided that it was a risk he would have to take - he did willingly leave his parents before. The memory made him wince.

"What's wrong?" the girl asked worriedly (but wasn't that a facade, too?).

"It's nothing." Riku said. "I'll go ask Namine if she has something." He left the room.

"Do I stay here?" the girl asked Riku's retreating form.

"Yeah." Riku said. The girl held her doll and sat down on his bed.

Riku would have to be quiet - he wasn't allowed out of the house after dark - as he went to Namine's house. He went down the stairs as quietly and as quickly as he could, and into the entranceway. He put on his shoes and and quietly opened the door, all the while making sure that the two sitting in the next room didn't hear him. He slipped through the opening and broke into a run. He ran down the street and turned left at the small schoolhouse, and down a path to a fairly new house. He paused to catch his breath before knocking.

"Hi, Riku." Namine answered the door. She was wearing a white nightie with short sleeves and little dips in the bottom. "What's going on?"

Namine was smart. She knew that the only reason Riku would be bothering her would be because of the new girl. This was one of the reasons why Riku had chosen to visit her.

"She's not going to let me sleep unless she gets pajamas." Riku said, scratching his head. "And since I'm here, I need to talk to you."

"OK." she let him in. He took off his shoes and followed her to her living room.

"I'll get something for her." Namine said, and left Riku sitting on a chair. She walked to the other end of the house and into her room. She slid open her closet. There was a very small set of drawers in the corner. She pulled open the topmost one and started pulling out sets of pants and shirts, light shades of pink, blue, and purple. Without giving it much thought, she picked out a blue T-shirt and shorts and returned to the living room.

"Here." she said, and gave them to Riku. He dumped them beside him. "You wanted to talk?"

"Yeah." Riku said. "It's the new girl. When I first saw her, her smell. . .it wasn't right. And she's acting too nice, and how can she have forgotten everything? And she has this weird power, like she can control minds. I was wondering if you could use your powers to find out what's going on in her head."

"Maybe it's Ansem." Namine suggested. "Maybe he came back. Maybe she has nothing to do with any of this."

"NO." Riku said firmly. "No. Whatever darkness remains in my heart is my own. Ansem is gone. Forever."

"Alright." although Namine was unsure, she agreed with him. After all, Riku knew his heart better than anyone else, even Namine. If he said Ansem was gone, he was gone.

"But. . .I can't do it." Namine said. She didn't want to do that to anyone again. She had been forced to do it before, by the Organisation. The guilt that she had felt while she was inside Sora's memories, when she had taken Kairi's place in his heart - it hurt to do that. It had hurt enough to make her not want to ever do that again.

"What if I had proof?" Riku offered.

"Proof?"

"If I could get you proof that she's really dark. Would you do it then?"

Namine bit her lip and thought. Was it really worth the risk? She could still feel the guilt after all this time. But if she really was a threat to the islands. . .Then it was worth a try.

"I guess." Namine said.

"Thank you." Riku said, and stood up. He gathered the pajamas and left the house.

Namine sighed. It seemed that she would have to tell Sora about what had happened during their time in Castle Oblivion soon, but that time was coming much sooner than she had hoped.

--

Riku slowly turned the doorknob on his front door and pushed it open a crack. He peered in to check if his parents were standing in the entranceway, waiting for him. Seeing no one, he slipped through the small opening and took off his shoes, then tip-toed up the stairs and into his room, where the girl had been waiting for him. She was sitting on his bed, the strings of her doll tied around her fingers. She was making it walk back and forth across his bed, and up and down the mountain of bedcovers.

"I didn't know that Namine lived that far away." she said quietly. "Were you talking about me?"

"I have absolutely know idea what you're talking about." Riku said. "It took her awhile to find you something. Really, you're lucky that you got anything at all." he threw the pajamas at her, which she caught. "The bathroom is to the left, three doors down."

"Why do I have to go to the bathroom?" she asked.

"Because I don't want to see your underwear." Riku said. The girl gathered her doll and the clothes and left his room.

A few minutes later, she returned to Riku's room, wearing the borrowed bedclothes. She had managed to find a comb, and had brushed out her doll's hair, as well as her own.

The lights were out and Riku was facing the wall, presumably asleep.

Seeing this, she proceeded to drag her mattress, pillow, and blankets into the room. She set up her bed and tucked herself in.

"Damnit." Riku muttered under his breath.

--

He opened his eyes slowly. Please let it be a dream. . .

He had kicked off his bedcovers again. But if he hadn't been dreaming about the girl coming to the islands, then what had he been dreaming about? He couldn't remember.

He rolled over to find the girl sitting very close to the edge of his bed, staring at him. He nearly jumped with fright.

"Did I scare you?" she asked.

"No." Riku lied. But this was part of his routine. He was supposed to be the one who would protect his friends and the islands. It didn't matter if Sora had the Keyblade. Riku would still protect them all. He would never cast them away again.

"I scared you," the girl said. She stood up, revealing that she was already dressed. "But don't worry about it. If you're not prepared for something and you don't know what the future holds, you'll always be scared." she smiled.

Riku sat up, throwing the last of the bedcovers off of his bed as he sat up. He stretched and yawned before confronting her about her bed.

"I see you brought your bed up." he said, a smirk forming on his face. "What's the matter? Are you afraid of the dark?"

"No." the girl said. "I love the dark. It envelops you with its warmth and cradles you lovingly." she wrapped her arms around herself and her doll as though fondly remembering something, like her mother.

Riku had been right. This girl was dangerous.

--

--Extroduction--

What she said about the darkness was kind of creepy, wasn't it? Just shows you what this character might turn out to be in the future (although my readers don't need to hear this stuff again XD).

Chapter Three's coming quick, and then I need to get myself moving with Chapter Four. :D

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
Here you go, rabid fangirls. XD

Although you know, I need for fans. . .Maybe CHAPTER THREE will get me some!

--

--Blinded--

--Chapter 3--

--by Mukino Kuneka--

--Introduction--

Riku's feeling of foreboding has increaesd a considerable amount with what the girl said. She might try to do something. He'll have to keep a close eye on her.

--

The girl had left Riku's room as he had changed. She had come back with her dirty and soggy clothes. Salt water takes forever to dry out of clothes.

"What do I do witht hese?" she asked. She held out her clothes, as though she expected Riku to fawn over her like a parent.

"How am I supposed to know?" Riku said. "Just throw them in my laundry hamper." he indicated a small basket underneath his window.

"I can't leave the house like this." she said. "I don't want to war Namine's clothes again." her voice had become snide. "I don't really want to wait for two hours this time."

Riku took a deep breath to calm himself.

"What's wrong with her clothes?" Riku said. What did this girl have against Namine? From the start, she had been rude to her.

"I don't like dresses." the girl said. She had begun to play with her doll again, making it dance on thin air. "I HATE dresses." she corrected.

Riku sighed.

"You don't want to wear anything I have." he said. And he wouldn't let her wear anything he had, either.

"So I'm supposed to walk around the beaches in my underwear?" she asked sarcastically. Riku clenched his teeth and closed his eyes, willing his frustration to leave him.

"I'm sorry that I'm making you mad." she said. Was she crying?

Riku opened his eyes. The girl's eyes were tearing up. What was he going to do? He'd never been around a crying girl before.

"Ah. . .I. . .I Guess you can wear something of mine." he said. That feeling again. What was she doing to him?

"OK." she sniffed and wiped her eyes. Riku opened his closet. He needed something that he didn't normally wear. Something worn and old.

He found a shirt which had a sizeable rip going around it near the bottom, and in his dresser drawers he chose a pair of shorts that had become much too small. He gave these to her.

"Thank you." she said, and smiled. How could someone change moods that quickly?

She left his room to change, and returned a few minutes later. The shorts fit her petite hips perfectly, although they were near-hidden by the large shirt.

"What are you going to do today?" she asked.

"Go to the island." Riku said shortly. "I guess you have to come, don't you?"

"Sora wanted to know what happened to my world and my parents." she said. Had Sora mentioned his name before?

"Fine." Riku said. He left his room without another word, and the girl followed.

Riku's parents had already left for work, which left Riku with the chore of feeding the girl.

"What do you want for breakfast?" he asked.

"I'm not hungry." the girl said. Riku cast a surprised look at her. She was suppose to take advantage of free food. Anyone in their right mind would have taken any food offered.

"Suit yourself." he said. He didn't care whether or not she was fed. If she was a time bomb (he could sense it) waiting to go off, then he wasn't going to force her to eat.

He got out a bowl and poured himself some cereal. He got a spoon and took the milf from the fridge and added it to the cereal. He returned the milk and sat down at the table. She sat across from him as he began to eat.

"What's your problem?" he said irritably. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Sorry." the girl whispered. For a split second, Riku wondered if he had caused something even worse to happen, and this was confirmed when she lifted her doll onto the table and made it walk back and forth. He couldn't help by watch the doll. She made the doll look towards him. Did it just blink?

Riku returned his gaze to his cereal, slightly freaked out, and didn't look up until he had finished.

The girl slipped the strings off her fingers while Riku put his bowl and spoon in the sink. Without even looking at her, he walked into the entranceway. She followed him, and put on her shoes just as he did.

"Would your mother wash my clothes?" she asked.

"I don't know; why don't you use your mind control on her?!" Riku snapped.

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about." the girl said softly. Riku allowed a growl to form in his throat before rougly opening his door and running to where his, Sora's, Namine's, and Kairi's boats were.

Sora's boat was gone, but both Namine's and Kairi's boats were still there. It didn't look as though Tidus', Wakka's, or Selphie's boats were there either.

Riku smirked. If her was fast, he could be in his boat and halfway to the island before she even reached the shore of this one. No one could match his speed.

"Which one is yours?" came a voice behind him.

What was going on?!

Riku spun around to face her.

"WHAT ARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU HERE? I SWEAR I'LL MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE!" he bellowed. He was going to lose it!

"Why don't you kill me?" she said. The same tone of voice she had used with Namine, all traces of innocence lost. "Come on. Do it. Let the darkness take over your body and soul. Let the anger seethe within you." she chuckled.

Riku was taken aback. What the. . .?

But her words had gotten to him. His shock and fear overrode his anger and frustration. How did she know what he was. . .?

"What are you? Why are you here?" he repeated, this time much more calmly.

"I don't know." she said. The innocence had returned. "Please don't make me do that again."

Riku felt a flood of sympathy for the girl, coupled with a flood of hopelessness.

"Get in." he indicated the boat. The girl didn't look at him as she climbed in. Riku sat across from her and started paddling over to the island.

"It hurt." she said.

"What hurt?"

"Doing that. I can't do that. It hurts."

"What would you have done if I had attacked you?"

"I don't know. I don't let that side of me out often. That side of me. . .can't get out often."

"What do you mean?"

"I think Sora would want to hear it too." she said shortly, and remained silent for the remainder of the short trip.

Riku rowed the boat into the shore, waiting for the girl to get out after him before her tied it securely to the pier and pushing it back out to sea.

"Hey, Sora!" he yelled. "Where are you?"

"Hi, Riku." Tidus said as he ran by. "Sora's in the usual place."

"Thanks." Riku said, and ran off to the Secret Place. The girl didn't follow, but walked down to the end of the pier and sat, letting her legs dangle over the edge.

--

Sora was kneeling, sharp rock in hand, carving into what little rock space there was left, even though a substantial amount had been left when the door disappeared. New drawings decorated the walls; pictures of Goofy, Donald, King Mickey, and everyone else that they had met in their travels. There were more pictures of Kairi and Riku as well.

"Why don't you ever draw yourself?" a voice came from behind him. Sora turned. Riku was standing just beside the entrance. "You'd want to be known by future generations, right?"

"I dunno." Sora said.

"She's here." Riku said, and sat down beside his lifelong friend. "She wants you to hear what happened to her."

"Is Kairi here?" Sora asked. "Shouldn't she hear it too?"

"No, she's not here. I don't think she really wanted to hear it." Riku said. Sora remembered the glare Kairi had given him when he had asked.

"Maybe." he said. "I still think she should hear it, too. Our memories aren't all that great." he laughed.

"What do you mean, OUR memories aren't all that great? I think it's YOUR memory that's messed up." Riku laughed.

"How would you know?" Sora said. "If my memory is messed up, it happened to me when I was little, and you probably wouldn't remember it either." he stuck his tongue out at Riku.

"Whatever." Riku rolled his eyes. To Sora, Namine was a newcomer to the island. Nothing more.

Sora finished his picture of a circle with a head, arms, and legs.

"What's that supposed to be?" Riku said.

"Can't you tell? It's a Large Body." Sora said. Was Riku snickering? His drawing wasn't THAT bad, was it? At least he could draw SOMEthing, unlike Riku. "And it's not like you could draw any better."

"I don't care." Riku said. Sora glanced at him. Yep. There it was. He was smirking. That meant he HAD been snickering. Sora would have to launch a surprise attack on him sometime today.

"Only because that's the only thing you'd lose at." Sora winked.

"Whatever." Riku said again. "So, do you wanna hear, or not?"

"Yeah." Sora labelled his picture and stood up, brushing the sand from his knees. Riku stood as well, and brushed himself off.

"I hope she didn't row all the way back to the main island." Riku said. Sora laughed, taking it as a joke.

--

--Extroduction--

For every reader who suffers because of my convenient ending-off point, I laugh at you. Even at my co-obsessee (Destiny), because I can SEE her suffering! HA HA HA HA HA!

Suckers.

See you at Chapter 4.

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
Bloody server, crapping out AGAIN. . .

So, for my precious readers, if the server happens to crap out again, and I happen to have finished a chapter, you can obsessively check www.fanfiction.net, where I am registered under the username Mukino (you can search for that), and you can read my fic to your heart's content.

But anyway - on with Chapter 4.

--

--Blinded--

--Chapter Four--

--by Mukino Kuneka--

--Introduction--

Hello, suckers. Here is the long anticipated chapter four.

This is told primarily from Sora's point of view, just so you know.

--

They didn't hear the frantic screams until the had reached the opening to the secret place.

"What's happening?" Sora cried. Riku frowned towards the pier, and Sora followed hi gaze.

The girl was standing at the end, gripping her hair and shreiking, positively deafening Tidus, who was only a few feet away from her, crouching and covering his ears.

"What happened?" Riku shouted as he ran down the beach and towards the pier with Sora following close behind.

"What?!" Tidus shouted back. Riku sighed irritably and ripped Tidus' hands from his ears.

"What happened?" he repeated. The rest of the conversation was lost to Sora, however, as he walked the remaining distance between him and the girl.

"Hey." he said. "What's wrong?" although he said these things quietly, the girl was listening, and stopped screaming, although she was crying now. Riku, who was now pulling Tidus' hair, gazed at them, a shocked look upon his face.

"M-my doll. . ." she said, choking back sobs. "It's in t-the w-w-wa-water. I c-can't s-swim!" she broke down.

"Don't worry." Sora said. "I'll get it for you." he jumped off the pier and into the water. Although it was rather shallow, he still dunked himself under to look for the doll. That would really impress her.

There it was, beside the pier. Sora dragged himself along the bottom, to keep himself completely submerged, and grabbed the doll. To make his feat even more impressive, he made alot of splashes as he came back up. He climbed up onto the pier.

"Here you go." he said, and handed the girl the soggy doll. She dried it as best she could with the baggy shirt, and clutched it so tightly to herself that Sora was surprised it didn't fall apart.

"So. . .What happened?" he asked no one in particular.

"I'm not too clear, so Tidus can explain it again." Riku said dangerously, his hand still firmly hanging on to Tidus' hair.

"Is it safe to come out?" came a frightened voice. Selphie and Wakka peered out the doorway of the shack.

"That was the most horrible thing I ever heard, ya?" Wakka said. The two came out of the shack and meandered towards the others, incorrectly convinced that the danger had come to pass.

"Well, Tidus, are you gonna start talking, or not?" Riku said.

"Don't be so rough on him, Riku." Sora said lightly.

"Rip his head off." the girl hissed. Sora whipped around to face the girl.

"You're kidding, right?" Sora asked nervously.

"No, I'm not!" the girl cried. "He took my doll and threw it in the water!!"

"It didn't happen like that! Ow!" Tidus had tried to wave his arms in protest, but that movement caused his hair to be pulled by Riku.

"Yes! That IS how it happened!" the girl shouted.

"Wait! Riku!" Selphie said desperately. They had finally reached the pier. "Let Tidus tell his side of the story!" clearly, she didn't trust this girl.

"There're bits that she would levae out, man." Wakka added.

Riku let go of Tidus' hair. Thanks to Sora (the hero of the day), the danger of becoming deaf had passed.

"OK." Tidus sat down comfortably, which earned him a murderous glare from the girl. He didn't notice, however, as his eyes were closed.

"Here's what happened, from the beginning." he started. "Thanks to Namine and Kairi, me, Wakka, and Selphie knew about this new girl." he glanced at her, but quickly looked to the boards of the pier. She had given him an evil look that would curdle anyone's blood.

"So. . .we. . .we. . ." he had trouble finding the right words.

". . .You. . .what?" Sora asked. Tidus gulped, almost fearfully.

"We. . .thought that. . .i-it would b-be fun. . .to. . .ah. . .'initiate' her?" he finished, now cowering under everyone's gaze.

"YouaresomeanIhateyou." the girl muttered, but no one heard her.

Sora put his arm around the girl's shoulder. He felt her tense, but she quickly relaxed.

"Why would you want to do something like that to her?" he asked calmly. He glanced at Riku, who looked ready to rip Tidus apart. Why was he so miffed?

"Hey!"

Sora turned, taking his arm off of the girl's shoulder as he did so. Kairi and Namine were paddling towards the group. Sora hoped that Kairi hadn't seen him being so close with the girl. SHe wouldn't believe that he was just being nice.

"Hey Kairi! Namine!" Sora called back.

"What's going on?" Kairi pulled herself onto the pier, with Namine coming close behind. "Are you guys all planning something behind our backs?" she laughed.

"No, Kairi." Sora said with a chuckle. He then repeated the events, starting with the girl screaming. Kairi couldn't help smirking at the mention of the girl's fear of water.

"You shouldn't be afraid of the water, silly. It isn't any deeper than your knees." Kairi said, a slight edge to her voice.

"Shut up." the girl replied coldly. "I nearly drowned when I was little."

"Oh. Sorry." Kairi said softly.

"Can I go now?" Tidus asked pitifully.

"OK." the girl said. Tidus didn't bother to say that he was asking Riku - he was glad to be out of harm's way, and he scrambled to his feet and dashed off.

"We'll be leaving too, guys." Selphie said. "Wakka promised that I could take him and Tidus two-on-one!" she laughed nervously and ran off.

"Ya, I need to time how fast I beat her." Wakka said. "See ya!" he followed Selphie.

"Why did you leave those two alone, Riku?" Namine asked.

"Huh?" Riku turned to face the three. "Oh. . .I don't know." he rubbed his eyes with his forefinger and thumb. "I have such a headache."

"Are you going to be alright?" Namine asked.

"I don't know what caused it." Riku said. Did he just glare in the direction of the girl?

"That's not good enough." Namine said.

"What're you two talking about?" Kairi asked before Sora could interject. Namine remained silent.

"Nothing." Riku said sharply, and left. "I'm going to see how fast Wakka and Tidus whoop Selphie." he called over his shoulder.

"Sora." the girl turned to him. Their eyes met. It looked like her eyes went on forever, that they harboured more than innocence. It was a gaze that someone could easily get lost in.

"Yeah?" he asked casually.

"Thank you." she said. "I could make you a doll just like this one! Except it would look like you, and not me." she laughed nervously. "But. . .It's to repay you, even if it wasn't that big a deal."

Sora smiled.

"Sure." he said. He'd never refuse an offer that built up his ego like this one did. He caught Kairi frowning out of the corner of his eye. "What?" he asked, almost accusingly.

"Nothing." Kairi said. Suddenly she giggled. "You've drawn more stuff in the secret place, right?"

"Yeah." Sora said.

"I want to see them." Kairi said, and took Sora's hand. She ran ahead of him, but he caught up quickly, and soon the two were running side by side. He glanced back over his shoulder. The girl was walking to where the other four had run off to. He hoped that she'd have fun, even though he thought that she wouldn't have wanted to miss his art for the world.

--

"Why are you here?" Riku asked snidely, as the girl sat down beside him.

"I don't want to be with Sora and Kairi." she said. "They should be by themselves."

"Whatever." Riku said. The two were sitting on the path leading around the tree and to the large, open space which the friends had constructed for sleepovers and, more recently, parties. Selphie was attacking and retreating, mostly retreating, from Wakka and Tidus, who weren't holding back as they took her on.

"Aaww! Not fair! You don't have to hit that hard!" she whined as Wakka's ball smacked her in the head.

"You're the one who challenged us, ya?" Wakka laughed, and aimed for another head shot. Riku laughed as Selphie did a sort of spin, whacking Tidus and Wakka at the same time with her jumprope.

"Don't ever do that again." Riku murmured. "And don't even reply, because I'm not done yet. Thanks to you, I have a headache. Thanks to you, I nearly took Tidus' head off. I don't want everyone to be afraid of me again."

"Again?" she asked quietly.

"It's none of your business." Riku said. The two moved out of the way as Selphie ran past them, crying.

"We didn't hit her that hard, did we?" Tidus asked, a look of worry on his face.

"Nah, we didn't, man." Wakka said. "She's just upset that she didn't beat us." he laughed.

"Should we go apologize?" Tidus offered.

"Let's give her five more minutes." Wakka said. Riku chuckled.

"Why are you hurting her?" the girl asked. "She didn't want to be that hurt."

"Hey, it was just a game, don't ya know." Wakka said defensively. "We've bin playin' like this for years, and it's always the same old stuff, ya?"

"She always gets over it. And then she tries to take us on again!" Tidus added. "So there's nothing to worry about."

The girl smiled.

"Alright."

--

--Extroduction--

Yeesh KS, you're anxious. And I'll check my e-mail again. :)

DaRkNeSs2LiGhT

that was awwwweeesoooooommmeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur sOoOoOo good at this! ^^; write more!

oh, &, wat genre is this story under on fanfiction.net???

Last edited:

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
CHAPTER FIVE NOW!

Did the piccer work this time? Hope it did -dies-

Also, where is Destiny? Why aint she posting anymore?! Our RPG is sorta at a stand-still -dies...again-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back