• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Bleach - Thousand Year Blood War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just saw this video posted on another site and started watching it. It explains everything so well. Could have probably addressed the overabundance of useless characters as well since that plays a big role in why character development grew flat, though.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
It's a great video that really picks apart why Bleach kind of started to fall away, especially compared to other great manga. Having been reading Bakuman recently, it also makes a hell of a lot of sense that Kubo's not-so-great-sounding relationship with his editor/his overall attitude towards jump had a lot to do with the series downfall as well.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Never realized how much the Hueco Mundo arc ripped of the SS arc, till this guy pointed it out.

Only 4 hours of free time? That must be rough, especially for mangakas that have families

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Never realized how much the Hueco Mundo arc ripped of the SS arc, till this guy pointed it out.

Only 4 hours of free time? That must be rough, especially for mangakas that have families

It's even more rough if their series gets cancelled and they have to attempt to come up with something completely new to pass at a serialization meeting, and just hope the new series takes off. They get paid per page, so no ongoing manga means no income at all until they get another series, and if they signed a contract with say, Jump, then they can't even try to get published through another magazine. Now talk about taking that home to your family!

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I might bother to go out there and buy the very last volume of Bleach once that hits the shelves here in the US, if only so I have a physical copy of my vindication in those final two chapters. lol

Relix

A traveler
Awards
As many times as I swore I'd quit, I ended up making it to the very end. I'm just going to sit here and reminisce. *somber smile turns to disgusted scowl and finally cold indifference* My condolences.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
As many times as I swore I'd quit, I ended up making it to the very end. I'm just going to sit here and reminisce. *somber smile turns to disgusted scowl and finally cold indifference* My condolences.

I'm amazed that I was able to stay away for so long. I always knew I'd come back once Kubo got to the ending, but it's pretty sad that I was able to jump right into the final battle without feeling like I'd missed much of anything that was important in the several years since I'd last read it.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I'm amazed that I was able to stay away for so long. I always knew I'd come back once Kubo got to the ending, but it's pretty sad that I was able to jump right into the final battle without feeling like I'd missed much of anything that was important in the several years since I'd last read it.

The crazy part is you've probably missed like only... 12 minutes of dialogue in universe.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I've been absent for a while and I gotta say catching up in all the posts in this thread since my last visit was more entertaining than those last five chapters of manga. It's like Kubo just copied the Naruto ending out of spite. Complete with the shorter haircut and kids.

I wonder what became of Kisuke and Yoruichi? What's Isshin up to? Who or what is the new Soul King? Why the hell would Chad become a boxer when his whole character revolved around not wanting to use his fists for violence unless it was to help Ichigo? Did he just abandon his abuelo's teachings? Also, isn't it kind of unfair for a superpowered guy like him to compete in any sporting event? Weren't Ginjo and Tsukishima dead? At the end of the Fullbring arc, they made such a big deal of Ichigo going to Soul Society to take Ginjo's body back to Karakura town for a proper human burial.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Weren't Ginjo and Tsukishima dead? At the end of the Fullbring arc, they made such a big deal of Ichigo going to Soul Society to take Ginjo's body back to Karakura town for a proper human burial.

Dead as living beings, yeah. They died and went to Soul Society. Ganju finds them. They were teased like I think a year or so ago? xD

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I wonder what became of Kisuke and Yoruichi?
Seeing as how they weren't in the final chapter I'm just gonna assume that Nel failed to save them and Grimmjow from Askin's poison room trap. Kind of a shame since Yoruichi died as that terrible lightning cat girl thing. :p (Probably just hanging out at Urahara's shop.)
What's Isshin up to?
Probably hanging out with Uryu's dad, bumming around SS after giving Uryu the Silver Arrow to beat Ganon.
Who or what is the new Soul King?
Unknown. It could have been Ukitake if he didn't die for no reason. Or better yet, Aizen, if they hadn't stuck him in ANOTHER DAMN CHAIR!
Why the hell would Chad become a boxer when his whole character revolved around not wanting to use his fists for violence unless it was to help Ichigo? Did he just abandon his abuelo's teachings? Also, isn't it kind of unfair for a superpowered guy like him to compete in any sporting event?
Maybe it being a sporting event doesn't go against his Abuelo's teachings because he's not beating up random people for malicious reasons? Also I'd give this one to Chad because it's not like he'd be able to beat anyone that wasn't a regular human. xD

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So SJ opened a website that allowed fans to ask Kubo questions.

giphy.gif

Back