• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Blaine is Sho Minamimoto [Fudge's Fun Theory Time!]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Blaine is Sho Minamimoto

nrFoG50.png

A just-for-fun theory approaches
Warning: may cause jovial discussion

When it comes to Blaine, everyone is either "he's Ienzo" or "he's Braig", and sometimes the fans think that maybe, just maybe, he really is a new character.

Well I'm here to tell all you factoring hectopascals that you're wrong! Through "intense" research, I've come to the concussion that Blaine is none other than Pi-Face himself, Sho Minamimoto! And I have the evidence to prove it!

They have a suspiciously similar design

2R94Qh5.png

The X-Blade explosion/The Lv. i Flare

In Birth By Sleep, when the incomplete X-Blade exploded, it caused Terre-Xehanort to be thrown to another world. I believe lately that someone, I can't remember who, has theorized that this could be how Ventus and Lauriam are in present day despite being around during the chi-era, that when te true X-Blade shattered, it sent people across time and space.

Sho's Lv. i Flare sends Joshua to an alternate reality

zHsCJap.png

All the noise, noise, noise, noise!

The person who steals Strelitzia's book is shrouded in TV static, also known as "noise". In The World Ends With You, noise is used as the defeat animation for both the Noise and gameovers, but Sho also goes static when switching between planes during his boss battle (can't find the sprites for that sorry!)

tumblr_inline_ov7wqduFi81rrmf6o_400.png

kougyokuss

Shibuya canonically exists in the Kingdom Hearts universe

Nuff said.

PGLUvKS.png

Why these two act completely different from each other

Memory loss. When Terra-Xehanort was blasted to Radiant Garden, he was in a daze until Aqua arrived. If the true X-Blade shattering worked like the one from BBS, then who's to say that it didn't have a worse effect on those involved in the explosion? So after the X-Blade exploded, Blaine was sent to Shibuya with no memory.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I immediately accept this theory.
The best part is that the level i Flare part is all up Nomura's alley (and the number i ​is also one of the puns for Xion's name)

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS JUST BECAME A QUADRILLION TIMES HOTTER
WOOT WOOT
LET'S HAVE FUN UNTIL THIS BECOMES CANON

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Wow those similarities in appearance are so spot on. Even if this is just for fun I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura was influenced by Sho Minamimoto's design when coming up with Blaine.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Lol nope.

Blaine is obviously Kairi's grandmother.

But seriously, I never realized how similar they looked. o.o That's cool.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOooOOOO
BLAINE IS KAIRI'S GRANDMOTHER CONFIRMED CAPS LOCK

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wow those similarities in appearance are so spot on. Even if this is just for fun I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura was influenced by Sho Minamimoto's design when coming up with Blaine.
He was part of the designers, so it makes sense. And artists tend to look for inspiration everywhere, including past work.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Blaine is obviously based on Sho. That being said, I don't think hi is Sho. This resemblance attribution is not new to the series. Axel is an existence close to Reno. Reno does not exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe, and the resemblances were made on purpose.

Blain is to Sho like Axel is to Reno.

Which is to say, they're not from the same person. (At least, not in an in-universe way)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Lol nope.

Blaine is obviously Kairi's grandmother.

But seriously, I never realized how similar they looked. o.o That's cool.

Remember the "everyone is Xehanort. Everyone else is Sora" jokes?
I feel like at this point, Kairi's grandma needs to be added to those.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I mean I don't see why that would be so awful other than Kairi's grandma being totally irrelevant at this point.

Wait..
What if Kairi's GRANDMA in the 7th PoH?!

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Tumblr would be glad - Kairi's grandma is a transwoman

What if she is not a man or a woman, but is instead the third gender: Xehanort?

Remember the "everyone is Xehanort. Everyone else is Sora" jokes?
I feel like at this point, Kairi's grandma needs to be added to those.

Oh my. Kairi must have a lot of grandmas then. I can only imagine what happens at the family reunions.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Wait..
What if Kairi's GRANDMA in the 7th PoH?!

Just think about it.
Kairi gets robbed from her comeback into the series by her grandmother too.
I think that's going to be the first time we might see a videogame character committing suicide.

Oh my. Kairi must have a lot of grandmas then. I can only imagine what happens at the family reunions.

They all proceed and tell the legend about the worlds being one.
Simultaneously.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I immediately accept this theory.
The best part is that the level i Flare part is all up Nomura's alley (and the number i ​is also one of the puns for Xion's name)
I completely forgot the whole No. i thing! See how everything is coming together?!

Blaine is obviously based on Sho. That being said, I don't think hi is Sho. This resemblance attribution is not new to the series. Axel is an existence close to Reno. Reno does not exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe, and the resemblances were made on purpose.

Blain is to Sho like Axel is to Reno.

Which is to say, they're not from the same person. (At least, not in an in-universe way)
Don't forget how Sora is based on Sion who's based on Zell~

Main01%20-%20Sora02.png
The-Bouncer-Cosplay-Prop-Sion-Barzahd-Neck-Collar-and-Necklace-Version-01-1.jpg
latest

When it comes to Sho and Reno, however, The World Ends With You was not only referenced, but a version of it outright exists in the KHverse, with Sho Minamimoto even being an opponent in Flick Rush (granted he's never seen I take the Flick Rush opponents as non-canon anyway.) So he has a chance of appearing in the future.

But your point still stands.

They all proceed and tell the legend about the worlds being one.
Simultaneously.
I tried to find a video where it's played a million times at once, but couldn't find any. :(

I got sad so I'm posting a Just a Pancake video to make myself feel better.

[video=youtube;xaa_L30iaHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaa_L30iaHY[/video]

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I completely forgot the whole No. i thing! See how everything is coming together?!

Truly, this is getting realer by the minute.
(And still more plausible than many rebirth theories out there. Again, no offence :p )

I tried to find a video where it's played a million times at once, but couldn't find any. :(

I got sad so I'm posting a Just a Pancake video to make myself feel better.

[video=youtube;xaa_L30iaHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaa_L30iaHY[/video]

Baffled such a video doesn't exist. The KH memebois are being lazy.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Don't forget how Sora is based on Sion who's based on Zell~

Main01%20-%20Sora02.png
The-Bouncer-Cosplay-Prop-Sion-Barzahd-Neck-Collar-and-Necklace-Version-01-1.jpg
latest

Sora wasn't based on anyone. He was a completely original character. If you're using his clothes as evidence, then you're
mistaken. Sora's clothes are based off of Mickey's. The rest can just be chalked up to Nomura's style - zippers and chains. Nothing referential about that.

When it comes to Sho and Reno, however, The World Ends With You was not only referenced, but a version of it outright exists in the KHverse, with Sho Minamimoto even being an opponent in Flick Rush

And? Rinoa is implied to exist, as well as Jecht. That doesn't mean much.
As far as TWEWY, it exists in reference only, in a dream version of a world during an event where Sora and Riku were dreaming.

So he has a chance of appearing in the future.

Given what we've seen in the series so far about implied existences, I think that is a stretch, but hey, I've been wrong before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back