• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Blade Of Truth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Blade Of Truth:

-What is truth, when there is no truth? What are lies, when lies are everywhere? There is no end between the two words, but so many had fell to the battle between, consumed… May my life end quickly, for my duty, is done-

-Prophet Of The Last-

Chapter 1: Beginning

“It was dark. The demons haven arisen. Chaos fill the land like it always did. Again. And again. And again. But then, this is life. Life always moves within cycles, sometimes big and sometimes small. It all depends on a person’s point of view. Yours. Instead of Chaos, think of Peace. Instead of either, think of Balance. Ah, the Balance. The only thing that matters now, and forever. Without Balance, this world would surely be destroyed, and with that another long and extensive cycle will end its life.

I will not let the cycle of this world end yet. Not now. Not by other hands. If we were to end our lives, we shall do it ourselves. Ironically, this will happen soon enough, for he has finally awakened. Soon enough, perhaps in a couple of years, he shall grow, and he shall be strong and mighty. He might even be the greatest hero ever seen in our world. But he will fall, deeper than anyone else, darker than even the darkest. Thus fate. No one could escape fate, not even me, the Last Prophet. The last person alive to tell this tale. But I shall end it now. My life. This world shall be saved one last time, before it met its final destruction. May all souls rest in peace when the eventual, arrives.”

And with that, the old man stopped writing and folded the scroll. He was a powerful old man, but his time has finally come. He magicked the scroll so it would be invisible to mortal hands. This shall never be revealed to any men until the time arrives… If the world could last that long, chuckled the old man. It doesn’t matters him now. It wasn’t his time after all. His time is now. And now, his time will end, along with everything that had caused so much damage to this beautiful world. Slowly he stepped out of the dark and foggy cave to meet his enemy. Millions of them in fact. Those are the Demons that came from the other world. His tribe had fought it for so many centuries, and finally it would end. As he gave up his life to produce the most powerful destructive spell that disintegrated everything, he knew the other world threat is finally, and finally, not their threat anymore. Obliterated.

Now is the time where the threat comes for the world itself…

Within the thick white fogs is a deer, not fat enough for one week’s of food but just enough to support his family another day. Xuan kneeled within his hide, keeping his body low but his eyes sharp on the deer. Three coppers of worth, he thought with a grin. His bow, Drazu wood and of master carvings, is one of the best bows in his village. Boasting about its abilities would be a waste of time, for it is capable to sail an arrow two leagues at least. Tension began to build as Xuan slowly drew his bow to level point. For Xuan, all hopes lies on this one, for if he fails he will not survive his father’s wrath again. Xuan felt the sweat trickled down from his forehead and entered his eyes. Quickly he wiped them off with his hands and aimed. He know that he must not lose his concentration or all of his effort would go to waste. Grimly he looked over the recollection of dreadful memories when he had failed to hunt down even a single rabbit. It wasn’t the starvation he feared though; it was the madness in his father’s eyes that threatened to blow off the house. The last time he had failed, his father practically chased him all over the village until his neighbors came to his rescue. After that horrible moment Xuan began to wonder about how on earth his father’s father, namingly his grandfather handled his son. It didn’t take long for him to know the answer though: When Xuan’s grandfather have returned from a long travel and learned about the news of his grandchild’s ‘torture’, he personally took a huge piece of wood and walloped his father. Xuan couldn’t help but smile at that particular memory. After all, since when every kid in the town gets to laugh while watching a show of their grandfather walloping their father? And then that day…

Sweet Heavens, focus. Now is not the time to have a taste of bitter or sweet memories, and there’s no way I’m going through another day where I have to face my father’s wrath again. Xuan stared hungrily at the deer, imagining the taste of its soft flesh and heavenly fragrance as he took his aim. He could practically felt his eyes blotting out of their sockets for he was too hungry. Guess that one day of trekking the jungle without food and water finally took its toll on him, for he had forgotten the first rule of hunting. Never hesitate to let loose the arrow. As if scalded by Xuan’s piercing glance of hunger, the deer suddenly leaped away and disappeared beneath the thick undergrowth, leaving a wide eyed boy whose stomach is rumbling like drums. It took him several minutes before he finally snapped out of it and cursed loudly. Foiled again! Jumping out from his hiding place, he scanned the ground beneath his foot to see if he could obtain any leads. The tracks are leading southwest! That should be easy enough, it has fewer trees around and more sunlight for me to search for that damned deer… wait. An unpleasant though suddenly intruded his mind, something that reminds him of the danger in this forest, especially the southwest part of the forest. If I keep this up I’d reach the Grazor’s ground! The stakes are too high… What am I supposed to do? Go home? Continue? Xuan began to move in a small circle, his hands holding the hair on his head as frustration began to build. With time running out, Xuan could feel the swell in his heart grew so huge that his chest could no longer take the pressure.

Grazor, a wild predator that had stalked the villagers for nearly ten years, is well known for its ferocity, strength, and size. Weighing the size of three horses, it could easily pound through any armour with pure strength, not to mention its claws and teeth are build to kill. Good news about them is their size: About 3 metres high and 1 metre wide, their bulky size slows them down considerably and will provide more than enough time for anyone to escape easily. The bad news is, Grazors only attack when they’ve surrounded their prey, then ambush them from their blind angle. So far only trained knights have the guts to walk them along and teach them a lesson, that too with bruises and scars. To go is to risk everything, including his life. Heck, he might not even get the deer! After all, they eat everything that’s flesh and bone.

Argh… As I juggle with choices my food is running away! It’s either the Grazors or me who will get to that darn deer first! Xuan had finally came to a conclusion. He decided to ignore the dangers and take on the odds. His hunts had been unsuccessful for a few days, and the family’s food supplies dwindled like rolling circles. He had no choice but to take the risk. With his eyes glancing involuntarily on the direction of his town, he muttered his prayers and took off.

Five hours later, he finally saw the deer again, which is turning into three coppers back and forth due to extreme exhaustion. His vision was so blurry that he thought he might just lie there and sleep till the morning comes, but then again, he was in the Grazor’s ground. Tired or no, the faster he's finished with his business the faster he could get away from this freaking place. Loading an arrow to his bow he fired without hesitation, almost without even looking. It was hesitation that threw him into such a tight spot earlier, and there’s no way he’s making the same mistake again. Thud. Bulls’ eye! It was down. Finally! A huge grin on his face is more than enough to express his relief as he was both sickened and tired of this place already. He picked the dead deer up, pulled out his arrow, turned around… And barely dodge a bone crushing punch from that would’ve sent him in line of Kingdom Come. “What the… A Grazor! Damn it!” That previous punch had forced him to roll over, and now he crawled around the green field frantically in search for some cover. When he finally got up and out from his panic, he realized that both his deer and his bow were at least twenty feet away, all thanks to adrenaline. His anger boiled. Darn the Grazors! I had a family and a life! They need the food! We need the food! We had to live! LIVE! Suddenly a fuse of fire lit on his head and his rage took over. He automatically unsheathed his sword and without hesitation, charged with frenzied speed that caught the Grazor off guard. A clean stab through the left arm left the Grazor roaring with pain and angry. It flung its right arm towards Xuan with the force of a giant behind it as Xuan quickly pulled his sword out and leaped back. Well, well, it’s about time the sneaky little freaks coming out from their hiding holes, thought Xuan grimly. Just as he finishes the thought, five more Grazors came up and surrounded him. He was in a very bad situation. Originally he had thought of only two or three Grazors still in hiding to wait for their chances in an attempt to ambush him, but things came up worse. It seems that the Grazors regarded him as the ‘high class food of honour’ and picked a few more giants to kill him. Huh, a high classed food huh? Maybe the Grazors have more intelligence then we thought. I am after all, a brother to a Knight in training in the Academy, a formidable enemy to them. But then again, since when stupid animals understand about Knight anyway? A weak chuckle managed to escape his lips even though he dreaded every single second of his situation. If it was two or three Grazors, he could’ve still run away even though he doesn’t have much strength left. But since the number is nearly twice of his previous anticipation, there was no escape. He must fight till the end, and fast too. God knows whether other nearby Grazors might turn up as well.

He looked at them. Their faces are even more terrifying than his father had described, especially when anger disfigured their faces. It was so wolfish and distorted that Xuan nearly threw up at the sight of it. But there is nothing that would stop him now. He must win. Xuan spun his blade around a few times, hoping wildly that he could breakthrough either way, which the Grazors had them all covered. His actions might seem desperate, but no, he wasn’t panic. He was taught well by his family, and his swordsmanship has already surpassed his twenty years old brother, a Knight of the nation Xalara. Although the foundation of his super- fast learning skills remains a mystery (Which does not manifest when it comes to counting and writing though), his father had always said that one day he would be legendary. But now… My chances near nil, I might die here… he thought grimly but quickly shook the negativity of him. No! I must not think like this! My family is there, waiting for me! I must kill them and return to my home safely! And I won’t be legendary if I die here, right? Oh mighty Gods above, please bestow me with strength and power. Protect your humble servants from these ferocious creatures. Xuan readies himself for the battle. And although he did not notice it, a glimmer of blue shimmered in his eyes.

Then the Grazors charged. All five at once. Xuan immediately leaped towards the center of the field and waited for the attack. He was very tempted to jump high in the sky and simply let them bang their heads silly, but that would’ve been a very, very stupid idea. It’ll never work anyway. The alternative would be wiser, but by how much though leaves much to be seen.

The Grazors reached striking range. At the nick of time Xuan dropped to his feet gracefully and swung his blade full force. It was perfect: The blade cleanly sliced through an inch of the Grazors’ thick feet and perhaps even bones, threatening to down the Grazors before they had even started. But they hold their ground. Xuan had misjudged their size. He wasn’t fighting human, he was fighting abnormally large beasts whose feet easily outmatched his body in size.

“What?!” Xuan was shocked to see the Grazors still standing and although slowed, attempts to get nearer to tear him apart. Xuan was panicking, but this time adrenaline had not backfired. As thunderous as lightning he took advantage of their confusion and stabbed the first Grazor in the heart. He then decapacitated the second Grazor, sending its head rolling to the ground. He threw another backstab on the Grazor behind him, instantly ending its life. And that was all he could do, because the two remaining Grazors had decided to sacrifice themselves and slammed their body down on Xuan, ignoring the frantic stabs and slashes by Xuan. He screamed out painfully. It felt as if a hundred men had just sit on top of him and crush him mercilessly. No! They’re squashing me like a bug! I must… get… out! His face contorted as immense pain took him. His arms flailed helplessly as he saw the first Grazor he had wounded earlier walked closer and closer. He could almost see the Grazor grinning deviously, except that Grazors couldn’t smile. It was over.

Memories of his childhood flashed before him. His promises, his family, his friends, himself. He had promised his father to train hard and enroll in the Knight Council. He had promised his mum that he’d always be there for her and provide her with warmth and love. He had promised his friends that he would join them a game of dodge balls when he got back. He had promised himself that he would live and live on not for himself but for the others as well. He stared at the Grazor. The blue light glittered a little stronger. The Grazor held his gaze for a second, gave a piercing, frightful howl, and brought his feet down.

Instantly Xuan felt power surging through his body. His will was empowered by something he couldn’t explain. He felt a hundred times stronger than before; he could feel the so-called mana, his magic, flowing through his veins. He extended his left arm.

Beast and man blinked at the same time. He stopped the Grazor’s foot with bare hands! Then all the sudden Xuan felt powerful, strong and majestic, as if he had turned into a King, a God, an Angel. Confidence flow into his being like a stream of rushing water. Slowly, he shook off the weight above him and stood. In his mind, the Grazors are nothing. They stood no chance at all. His grip on his blade tightened as he allowed power to flow through it. His being radiated so much power that even the Grazor felt afraid. For a creature, a brute that had never faced fear in its entire life, this is the first time it had a taste of pure terror. Almost immediately it began to turn back and run, but Xuan is not about to let him go. No, he will never let him go. How dare it put him through so much trouble! It shall pay the price, with its life!

And he brought it down, brutally hacked off the last Grazor’s head as it finally dropped dead. Xuan checked for blood on his precious sword but it was unbelievably clean and dry. There was not a stain of blood to be seen. Why Grazors never bleed remained a mystery to mankind, but for now, Xuan is delighted with the fact. He thought with a mental shrug, At least I didn’t need to wipe bloodstains of my sword with clothes. That would’ve gotten me a good old beating, laughed Xuan in his heart. Slowly and steadily, he carried the bodies of the dead Grazors and walked home. He didn’t even wonder about his newfound strength. Home was the only thing he wanted now. Even the breath-taking beauty of sunset concerns him not. He ran home. In the middle of the battlefield where Xuan nearly threw his life laid a bow and a deer.

Absent-minded lad.

Two hours later, he finally sprinted out of the forest, and with a last burst of energy he walked towards his home. He was weary, very weary. Subconsciously he discovered that the power had deserted him. And he knew no more. Only peace.

“Xuan! Quick, get him into the house! You! Call the healers from the towns square! What are you standing there for? Get them now!”

But he did not realize the cruelty of the slaughter. Neither will he in the future. For he, is not alone.

“Well, well, ain't that a pretty little town huh? Let’s see if we could find someone of interest here…” Standing on a cliff that gave full vision of Xuan’s town, is a man in black cloaks. His eyes gleamed as he felt the thumping in his heart grew stronger. He would not return without booty this time.

A story by Xuan~

Last edited:

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
damn that was a long chapter. but a bloody good one at that, i gotta say this is a very interesting story. i see you use italics for speech rather than speech marks, thats cool.
good job my friend, ill be keepin an eye on this one

Haku

<3
I think this has potential so I'll be looking forward into seeing about what happens in the next update.

Xuan

Thank you guys. I'll see what I can do with the next chapter... As I've said before (If none of you know it yet, look here) This is a story I've written a year ago, but since I'm not that good a year ago (And I wrote it at 11pm~1am) so there's plenty to be fixed, extend... (5k maybe? O_O) It'll take a week to be done. Laziness Factor :p Or else I could've done it within 5 hours... You can't blame me! The time taken by you guys to post a chappie is quite long too!

Xuan

I was forced to write it long T.T The rules say the first chapter must be either 3k long, or I would post up five chapters. Since my first five chapters need a hell lot of fixing I rather linger around my first chapter first, but even that is a tedious work. My original first chapter is only 1.4k =.=" Imagine the pain I went through to add stuff in it >.>

Xuan

Chapter 2: The Unexpected
Vision was blurry for healing potions are at work, but slowly and steadily it became clear again. How many days I’ve been here? Ah yes, only one… What a miracle.

Xuan slowly climbed down from his bed, leaving all comfort behind as he slowly makes his way towards to main hall. His house was shabby, no doubt. It was wooden with the dreaded white ants already chewing up main parts of the house; too small for a family of six that forced them to sleep together in the main hall (except his parents of course). A slow smile crept onto his face as he thought of the days he fought his brothers and sisters for a bigger space. So what if it’s small? He thought silently, it’s still my home. Home. Ah, do I miss you.

“Brother!” A small figure darted into Xuan’s view and before he could jump away, she rammed straight into his stomach “Ungh!” and laughed loudly at his clear discomfort. Xuan could feel his annoyance rising as quickly as a steam rocket as he struggled “Hey!” to pull her away “Stop it at once! Ahhhhh!” from his waist.

“Flame, how many times do I have to tell you? You do not charge into your brother, especially when he’s injured! Get back here at once!” Xuan was mightily relieved to hear the thunderous voice, even though he dreaded it usually. His father is the only human alive who could control his wild and energetic sister, and now perhaps the only one who could save Xuan’s life: Flame heaved a mean punch into his groin before running away with a pout face, leaving him half-dead on the floor, cursing. Flame has good looks alright, but her innocent looks could kill if one is not careful. To make things worse, Xuan has a pair of mischievous brothers who never fail to keep up the level of pain on him. As Xuan tries to stand up, Shaw and Sutton crept up from behind and before his father could start another yelling session, kicked the bottom of his heel and BAM! Xuan fell head first as he tumbled backwards unceremoniously. He could practically see stars looming over his head as he groaned loudly. Now I know why Pence insisted that he would live in the Knight Academy Living Tents. This is a place of pure hell. If only, if only… It's still home, right?

Xuan decided that a walk around the town would be much better than staying home. Therefore, he exits his house hastily (Shaw and Sutton were throwing mudballs he’d collected from the paddy field) and began to breathe in fresh air. The sky was blue, the wind was soothing and everyone was smiling as he strode down the path. He felt overwhelmed by the simple scene of his town as he reached the park and sat on a bench, looking at the children playing nearby. Then, he began to think about everything.

His foggy mind has finally cleared up after all those troubles he’s been through, and now he pondered about his powers. His powers had been simply amazing, and somehow frightening too. What was that amazing power I’ve used that day to take down the Grazors? It was so… powerful. I wonder if I could use it again? Xuan flexed his muscles and pinched his arm. He wanted to try again, to see if he could call out his powers but to no avail. Nor did he want to do it in front of people, as they tend to think many things as the Demon’s doing. Ten years has it been since the last invasion of the Demons. Xuan was small back then, and so he had no recollections of those horrifying events. But his parents did. Every time Xuan asked about the Demons, his father would slam the table so hard that all mouths nearby shut up by themselves. And on that day, his father would be so black in rage that no one would dare to speak to him. But this was nothing compared to the reactions of the townsfolk. Once Xuan accidentally let loose his tongue and cursed by the Demons, and the consequences? Chaotic. The effect was immediate and shocking: Everyone started screaming on top on their lungs and running like hell has came to the world; never had Xuan saw such terrifying looks on his fellow villagers. It was as if they’ve gone mad! But then again, I did not have my entire family killed right in front of me by hell spawns, Xuan thought with a shiver, I wonder how brave they must be. To continue their lives even though with such tragedy haunting their minds forever, how courageous.

Xuan’s mind came to focus when he heard the children screaming. To his surprise, three huge men that turns out to be local thugs, came out of nowhere and scared away the children with a show of fists. Xuan felt disgusted by the satisfactory looks on their faces, and stifled a yawn. That was his mistake. Instantly the three men turned around and stared daggers at him. The tall yet skinny figure was clearly the leader among them, for he signaled the other two to move. Xuan cursed himself for his bad habit. His mind always drifted off to somewhere else unnecessary when big things happen around him. Before he could scramble away and avoid confrontation, he was surrounded. Clearly these mean looking men did not like the lack of attention Xuan’s giving, and they’ve decided that a lesson must be given.

“I hate ignorance, and you have it in you. For that, you’re going down, y’ know what I mean? You’re going down!” And he gave the universal signal to “Beat the crap out of him”. One of the big burly men held Xuan by his shirt as he forms a fist and heaved it down.

*SMACK*

Before anyone took notice, the man was on the floor, holding his face while screaming like a baby! Both of the thugs stared in shock as Xuan patted away some dust from his clothes and began to walk away, bored. None of them even saw how Xuan broke out of the guy’s grip! But it wasn’t over just yet. The thugs recovered quickly after several seconds and yelled, “Where the hell do you think you’re going!” And thus began to chase after Xuan. Xuan simply could not resist the urge to roll his eyes over, and was determined to teach them a lesson about manners. He vanished from view as the two thugs looked back and forth, simply horrified by the fact that a person had just disappeared like, puff! And suddenly, Xuan reappeared behind them and tripped them over. Ah, revenge. Xuan thought with a sadistic grin, Finally I get to play the trick rather than being tricked. By now, the two thugs were hysterical. They were screaming obscenities like madmen and crawling away on all fours. Xuan simply cannot stop laughing at the hilarious situation he’s in to. Imagine an injured teenage scared the daylights out of three mean looking thugs by tripping them over! And so he decided to do more. His hands slipped instinctively to his waist for his sword, but it was no longer there. Then he remembered with a pang of regret that he's sword is not by his side for a long time. Of course, he thought, my sword is at home. Ah, never mind, that piece of wooden plank, that should do the trick. He vanished from sight again and grabbed a wooden plank a hundred metres away before reappearing in front of the two thugs. By now, one of them is begging on his knees while the other had wet his pants. But Xuan would give no mercy. He held his weapon high in the sky before heaving it down, resounding in a loud crack on the leader's shoulders. Surely there are bones cracked under such mighty force! Both men fainted instantly, one from pain and one from fright. Xuan kept on laughing, he simply cannot stop. Surely the fun is not over just yet! The game has just started! And then he saw the third man. Ah, it was him who had held him so daringly, staring daggers at his figure while threatening to punch him. There is simply no way Xuan is going to let him go. His figure reappeared right in front of the poor, battered face. There was only horror in his eyes.

NO! Please! I repent! Please don’t do it! It was the boss’ idea, it ain’t my fault! I beg you; I’ll do anything you want! Anything! Let me go! No!!” There was a slight moment there Xuan took pity for the guy. So foolish, so useless. Why waste energy to even kick him, let alone to crush his bones. But then, Xuan remembered the before, and his rage flew sky high. How dare he threaten me! How dare he look at me without respect! So, he will do anything I say, huh? Xuan pulled on the thug’s hair and stared directly into his eyes.

“So, you would do anything as long as I let you go, right?”

“Yes! Yes! Anything! Just let me go! Please!”

“Let’s see… What’s your name? No stuttering, or else you’ll feel more pain than you'll ever know in a lifetime.”

“It’s Jason, m’lord! Can I go now? Please?” Glimmers of hope began to fill the man’s heart. Perhaps he would be spared from all the pain! Perhaps he would be released!

“Okay then, I’ll make sure to remember your name for the rest of my life… Because I’m gonna let you go straight to hell!” Ignoring the stunned looks of horror, Xuan stabbed on the man’s face, and stabbed hard too, as blood began to flow freely…

No. No! What was I thinking? Suddenly Xuan snapped out of the madness. His hands still held the plank, but there was no blood. Nothing. Yes, the man was still in his grip, his figure already went limp and almost lifeless, but that was because of the shock. He had not stabbed the man yet. Not yet, but close. Too close. An inch away from blood. Xuan could feel his sanity slipping as he dropped the plank and began to ran, completely ignoring the fact that many people were staring in horror too at the terrible scenes that had just happened, and the fact that Xuan did it. But that doesn’t matter to him. The only thing that matters now is his sanity. What’s happening to me? What was that? Did I really, nearly killed a man? Someone!!!

Help me.

Guess why, and you'll get nothing as my gratitude, :D!

Last edited:

Merlin326

good chapter once again. id hate to be Xuan (not you, but the other Xuan... you know what i mean). his life at home seems like, to put plainly, a living heck. good job and keep up the good writing.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Xuan

Lol. Okay, it's not hard to guess why Xuan had lost control of himself, in fact it is very simple. One hint though, do not mistake it for a Demon's work. I must state this before anyone confuses themselves when the next chapter arrives. Hmm... maybe I'll write on Sunday.

TQ, neloangelo. Maverick.E.S, remember those three links I gave you? Make it world wide known. LOL! It's really good, as good as Merlin's. (Go check out out in Maverick's "Virus", I've posted 3 links there)

Xuan would eventually realise and get 'it' under control, BUT

I'm now facing a dilemma: Should I make it tragedic? Or instead, normal? it can't be happy, that's for sure. At least for now hehehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back