• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Robes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Is anyone else hoping that they get rid of the black robes in the new saga? Finally seeing Axel, Xion, and Saix out of the robes made me excited to see what characters like Lauriam, Elrena, Durol, and Emyd would look like without the robes. Also, the Foretellers could use a wardrobe upgrade. They're all wearing the same thing. I'm hoping that the next saga allows the characters to wear distinctive outfits. I loved the aesthetic for Organization XIII, but if it continues on these non-Organization people (like Master of Masters) it will get stale. I understand that the robe is to protect from darkness (and it would be cool to get a backstory on them), but really I think it's about time that we see characters get their own unique designs and not just easy designs of a face/weapon/black coat.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, I hope we're done with the black cloaks now. I love the new outfits for Isa, Lea, and Xion already--and it'll be nice to have more color. I can envision Elrena in red maybe, and Durol in green.

Last edited:
Awards
Well since it seems that MoM is the one that created the black coat, I dont think they’ll be going anywhere anytime soon.

okhi12

Awards
There's something about the black robes that has been in my mind for a long time. Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, because it has nothing to do with the future of the robes after KH3, but I wanted to discuss it somewhere and this thread is a good chance so I don't have to open a new thread for that.

In the hazy depths of my memory I remember something about Ansem the Wise saying 'I made coats for those in the darkness' or something along those lines. I don't know where that phrase came from, but because of it, I always thought that it was Ansem the Wise who created the black coats and it was odd for me when I knew it was the Master of Masters who created them.
The thing is, after replaying all the KH games Ansem the Wise never said that. Maybe it came from Nomura in some interview that I can't find anymore or maybe it was a bad translation from one of the japanese games.

KHI is full of people who follow the series from the very beginning and maybe someone else remembers that line from Ansem the Wise or where it came from... I don't want to think I made it up entirely for no reason. If anyone knows or at least remember something similar please tell me.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I doubt the Fortellers are changing outfits anytime soon. They just got here. As for the black cloaks, they are a signature in the series, used to protect from the darkness. What they really are for is to hide the identities of whoever is in them. And the funny thing is they work perfectly. Especially in the KH3 trailers. Despite the characters retaining their original body sizes.

Oh look! Xion's been norted. No she hasn't it was Data Riku or Repliku. Just kidding! She got norted anyway. No, she hasn't, that's Young Xehanort or Roxas, despite the womanly hips and small body size and the lack of dual wielding and using only one Kingdom Key. You're both wrong that's still Repliku.

Hey! Saix recruited Axel in the Keyblade Graveyard. No that's Zexion! No it's Vexen? Lexaeus? Eraqus, no it can't be. He was never in the Organization. Pull down the hood so we can see your face mystery person!

We got two females in the 13 Seeker shot. Clearly it's Larxene and Aquanort. Doesn't matter if one is a shrimp and too small to be either. It's Namine, just for shock value. It's Data Sora! Xehanort want's control of the data world so he norted Data Sora. Duh!

I miss the KH3 trailer speculations. Yeah, they spoiled too much but they were so much fun to read and theorize. Anyway the point of all that was the cloaks work perfectly in keeping you guessing on who the characters are, even if it's obvious who it is you are always second guessing it. They should never be fully retired from the series as they are as much a staple as Keyblades at this point. I think they'll be toned down though with just MoM and Xigbar having them for the time being.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't expect MoM to give up his coat but I'm hoping Xigbar loses his. I know the black cloak is as much iconic to Luxu as it is with MoM, but we've already seen Xigbar's face.

He needs a new outfit

Zul

Awards
In the hazy depths of my memory I remember something about Ansem the Wise saying 'I made coats for those in the darkness' or something along those lines. I don't know where that phrase came from, but because of it, I always thought that it was Ansem the Wise who created the black coats and it was odd for me when I knew it was the Master of Masters who created them.
The thing is, after replaying all the KH games Ansem the Wise never said that. Maybe it came from Nomura in some interview that I can't find anymore or maybe it was a bad translation from one of the japanese games.

KHI is full of people who follow the series from the very beginning and maybe someone else remembers that line from Ansem the Wise or where it came from... I don't want to think I made it up entirely for no reason. If anyone knows or at least remember something similar please tell me.

LOL, I can hear Goldpanner crying from here. That was a translation mistake she made a "long" time ago.

The actual line is "I was responsible for those duplicate beings of nothingness." He was referring to the Nobodies of his apprentices rather the coats.

As for how I feel about the coats, I like them, but they are definitely over-used. I mean even Vanitas, a being of pure darkness, uses them at points when it's rather pointless for him to do so. Ansem SoD too when he's already a heartless.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't have a problem with MoM wearing it until he is revealed (designed), but Xigbar/Luxu should definitely get his own original look if he is going to be a major player in the upcoming games.

I know it's an easy (cheap) way to disguise people's identities, but maybe Nomura should move away from surprise reveals on identities. I feel like the Dark Seeker Saga allowed the suspension of disbelief in how many different identities have been shuffled around/hidden, but any more will feel like overkill. Xigbar being Luxu was probably the best surprise reveal to end the whole trope with in KH. I don't think anything else will top something that was a genuine and good surprise.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Xigbar being Luxu was probably the best surprise reveal to end the whole trope with in KH. I don't think anything else will top something that was a genuine and good surprise.

You say that, but watch it be Hayner that's the Master of Masters.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Nomura is addicted to the dramatic hood removal, so I don't think we'll be done with it sadly. lol

Last edited:
Back