• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Lagoon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
I've been watching this for a while now, probably started watching a few weeks after it started airing in Japan, and the last episode of the second series (The Second Barrage) got aired during December. I haven't seen the last few yet, but I'm getting close.

Now since this is a very new anime and hasn't been aired in the US yet, I'm assuming this thread will die off pretty soon, though in the meanwhile I'm curious to see if there are others who are enjoying the creme de la creme of the anime industry. I love the show, the animations are great, the art is perfect and the story isn't bad either. I can get into details but I won't do that until I know that I am not the only one.

SO. Black Lagoon fans, amass. And if you haven't seen it, I strongly suggest you download at least the first few episodes. Chop chop!

Ryu

an obscene gesture
It's about 4 people who together form the Lagoon Company (Revy, Rock, Dutch and Benny), you could consider them mercenaries. They "brush up against the law from time to time to make a living" (quote from one of the characters), by smuggling goods, kidnappings and the likes, for various clients. They use their boat, the Black Lagoon, to transport goods overseas or other jobs that require a boat. Several of the jobs they accept are from the Russian crime syndicate Hotel Moscow, whose leader (as well as her subordinates) play a rather important role in a lot of the episodes. The series starts out as the Lagoon Company (at the time consisting of only 3) has to 'intercept' a disc for Hotel Moscow. The one carrying the disc is Okajima Rokuro, one of the main characters, a newbie in the business life, who gets kidnapped by the Lagoon Company with the intention of bringing him back to his family and friends; for a ransom. He later joins the Company.

The jobs they receive through the whole series differ, but despite of that, the anime still manages to maintain a thick continuing plotline, instead of one that switches completely every episode. And like I said before, the art and animations are perfect, the dialogues/chases/fights differ every time and NEVER bore you. It's definitely worth checking out.

Some wiki'd screens so you can get an idea of the art.

Black_Lagoon_episode_9.png

Black_Lagoon_episode_1.png

Last edited:

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
That sounds really interesting and the art looks nice too(I went to the main site and saw some more images, the bg rocked too).How are you watching this? On Youtube? or torrents?Cause I really want to check this out.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Sounds interesting. I like the art; what studio does the animation? The bottom picture reminds me a bit of Fullmetal Alchemist. I'll definitely consider checking it out.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
That sounds really interesting and the art looks nice too(I went to the main site and saw some more images, the bg rocked too).How are you watching this? On Youtube? or torrents?Cause I really want to check this out.

I'm using torrents, easy to find and quite active especially since it's so new. And yeah, the main site's bg rocks. Wish I could read what all it says. :c

Vandread, the studio name is Madhouse, you can find more specifics here. And yeah, now you mention it that bottom pic does remind me of FMA, though you won't have that a lot while watching it I assure you. Overall the art doesn't remind me of any anime I've seen before, which is one of the many reasons why I like it.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I've seen a fair few episodes of this. It's pretty entertaining, but not very far in Levy/Revy gets all emo and she's annoying me.
Although, when they take out the helicopter with the torpedo is one of the greatest anime moments I've ever ever seen.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Red Fraction is pretty cool, and yeah, most BL downloads you can find are subbed. Ichi, the torpedo/helicopter scene is one of the greatest anime moments in history. Probably the most badass scene I've.. seen. Although, the scene where the bar is getting attacked (2nd or 3d episode) and Revy has to go two-handsorsz on the attackers, is pretty badass as well.

Though, even though I do think that Revy could lighten up once every few episodes, I don't think she's all that emo. Actually, she seems anti-emo, since she despises it when people are emotionally attached to certain things.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Madhouse is a great animation studio. Is there anywhere that you know of that I can get it via direct download? I don't particularly care much for torrents.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
No idea really, most of the time direct downloads are low quality and stuff, so I prefer using torrents. Google it, I'd suggest. :l

Josh

Silver Member
It kindof looks like the girl that made FMA. Like that picture of that one guy looks like the Al over the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back