• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Riku in KH3D

Let me break it down for you.

Pinocchio's world was taken by darkness and Pinocchio and co. survived. After the events of Monstro, they all lived in Traverse Town until the worlds came back.
This is true.

While SDG were fighting Ansem, Pinocchio turned into a real boy.
No, it was after Sora defeated Ansem. Post KH1 credits.
Kingdom Hearts - Ending + credits 2/2 - YouTube
1:16 mins in

Then, when the worlds were restored with some of them falling to sleep due to their far gates, Pinocchio's world was one of them.
Bold parts are true. I don't know what the bonk "far gates" means, unless you were referring to the hearts of their worlds being too damaged to return.

They did return to it, but in the Realm of Sleep.
No one knows how the RoS for sure works yet.

Since we are traveling through the world's dreams and not the world ITSELF, it imagines it's events and citizens before it was plunged by darkness, which is why Pinocchio is a puppet and Jiminy is there, but can't remember Sora and Riku.
Yet again, no one knows how the RoS works yet.

All of this was confirmed by Nomura in an interview
Link plox.

and Yen Sid explained this process in the Jump Festa trailer.
Yen Sid said:
"On your first journey, you brought back those worlds that had been drowned in darkness. However, among those were worlds that were not returned completely, but fall into sleep."
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance Trailer (ENGLISH SUBTITLES, Jump Festa 2012, HD 720p) - YouTube

Then Yen Sid goes on to explain the Dream Eaters in their entirety. Watch that and tell me where he supposedly explains how the worlds in the RoS imagine their inhabitants into being. As far as I've been aware, that's all just a theory and everyone needs to stop acting as though theory is fact, no matter how likely it is or not.

On topic: I'd prefer the Riku in the trailer to be Repliku, because I think it would be nice to bring him up again even if he wouldn't be a permanent fixture. <3 But I'm pretty sure it's going to be DataRiku, which would fit with DDD tying into Coded, as well as the "page" theme that that HQ CGI had. Which seem to represent Jimminy's Journal.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

Let me break it down for you.

This is true.

No, it was after Sora defeated Ansem. Post KH1 credits.
Kingdom Hearts - Ending + credits 2/2 - YouTube
1:16 mins in
Okay, that was where I was wrong, I failed specifying which point in time it happened. I'm sorry.

Bold parts are true. I don't know what the bonk "far gates" means, unless you were referring to the hearts of their worlds being too damaged to return.
I was talking about Yen Sid saying in the JP trailer about the worlds gates being unreachable by Heartless or something like that.

No one knows how the RoS for sure works yet.

Yet again, no one knows how the RoS works yet.

Link plox.
Okay, I admit it, we don't know how it works yet. And it was wrong for me again to say Nomura confirmed this whole theory, I was taking what he said and tied it into my inferring. I've been trying the last half-hour trying to find a link, but if you ask anyone here they will tell you that he said were traveling through the worlds dreams. Now, follow me for a second. Pinocchio was originally a puppet and Jiminy was originally in Prankster's Paradise. Prankster's Paradise dreams each of these former components. That's proof enough that it's dreaming up past events as the people there are in their past conditions.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance Trailer (ENGLISH SUBTITLES, Jump Festa 2012, HD 720p) - YouTube

Then Yen Sid goes on to explain the Dream Eaters in their entirety. Watch that and tell me where he supposedly explains how the worlds in the RoS imagine their inhabitants into being. As far as I've been aware, that's all just a theory and everyone needs to stop acting as though theory is fact, no matter how likely it is or not.
I was talking about how he explained that the worlds are asleep because of their gates not being reachable by even the Heartless. It was wrong of me to say he was referring to EVERYTHING I said.

To sum up, it was wrong of me to act like my theory was true. But everything I came up with ties into everything that's been confirmed and I'm pretty sure there's absolutely nothing going against what I theorized that could potentially prove it wrong. But seriously, if you'll still doubt me for saying Nomura said we are traveling each world's dreams, ask anyone here and they'll back me up.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Lol. That was a theory, it's only speculation. The truth is that no one knows that's what happened for sure so don't throw it around like it's fact.
Nomura knows.
tumblr_lnvk3cfdEE1qa8sgi.gif

0's and 1's versus Cells. Technology versus Genetics. Digital Copy versus Organic Clone. Program versus User. Data Riku versus Riku Replica, THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN!!!
Coming from you, the one who swapped teams.

Crazy Mario

Nomura knows.

Coming from you, the one who swapped teams.
...What is that supposed to mean? So I switched my beliefs to another team, when was that considered a penalty? If I was eternally bound to one, than what's the point of persuading the other argument?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Okay, that was where I was wrong, I failed specifying which point in time it happened. I'm sorry.
No, you were saying it happened while Sora was fighting Ansem. Hence my correcting you.

I was talking about Yen Sid saying in the JP trailer about the worlds gates being unreachable by Heartless or something like that.
How does that make sense though? YS says there are no gates to the RoS so Heartless cannot enter it. Not that the Worlds fell to sleep because of their "far gates".

Okay, I admit it, we don't know how it works yet. And it was wrong for me again to say Nomura confirmed this whole theory, I was taking what he said and tied it into my inferring. I've been trying the last half-hour trying to find a link, but if you ask anyone here they will tell you that he said were traveling through the worlds dreams. Now, follow me for a second. Pinocchio was originally a puppet and Jiminy was originally in Prankster's Paradise. Prankster's Paradise dreams each of these former components. That's proof enough that it's dreaming up past events as the people there are in their past conditions.
Yeah, well I'll ask at the bottom of my reply and see what happens there.

I was never saying the theory was wrong, by the way. I was just pointing out that without it being confirmed by an interview/trailer/the game itself, it's still a theory.

I was talking about how he explained that the worlds are asleep because of their gates not being reachable by even the Heartless. It was wrong of me to say he was referring to EVERYTHING I said.
Yen Sid doesn't say that the worlds are asleep because of their gates not being reachable by Heartless. What are you saying? o_O Yen Sid says that the RoS has NO gates, so not even the Heartless can reach it. He does not say that that is the cause of the Worlds being asleep.

To sum up, it was wrong of me to act like my theory was true. But everything I came up with ties into everything that's been confirmed and I'm pretty sure there's absolutely nothing going against what I theorized that could potentially prove it wrong. But seriously, if you'll still doubt me for saying Nomura said we are traveling each world's dreams, ask anyone here and they'll back me up.
I don't doubt that theory, in fact I'm an advocate of it. But like I said, no matter how likely a theory is does not mean it has yet been proven fact. So you can't run around here saying it's a fact when it isn't; I'm not attempting to tear your theory apart either. I'm trying to point out that it's just a theory and not to tell someone else they're wrong just because you believe in yours more or it seems more likely.

I'm just asking for the interview where that was specified, you have failed to provide me one and I do not recall such a thing being said. If anyone would like to post a link for me so I could be more informed, I would be grateful.

Nomura knows.
You got me there, bro.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Its too bad were not gonna know for sure untill march this thread really has my all hyped up. Do we even have any idea wy whoever riku he is , is there. Is it to challenge, pass on information, mabey its just an illusion.

Key of Valor

The Professor

I sorta forget some parts of Re:coded, but I have a quick question...
Is it known whether or not Data Riku can actually exist outside of the Datascape?
Or are Team Data Riku supporters just assuming that the Realm of Sleep is directly connected to the Datascape?
I mean, if Data versions of characters could exist outside the Datascape... then why not just... you know... let Data Sora and Data Riku out of the Datascape so they can be like... sidekicks or something for the real versions. Two are better than one.

To clarify though, I'm not saying that Data Riku can't exist outside of the Datascape... I'm just wondering if there is any reason to support that Data Riku can exist outside the Datascape... or if there is any reason to believe that the reality in the Datascape and the reality in the Realm of Sleep are directly connected.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

In Re:Coded Data-Riku never leaves the Datascape. His interactions with Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Jimminy are only though the computer until they're transported into the Datascape themselves.

Crazy Mario

No, you were saying it happened while Sora was fighting Ansem. Hence my correcting you.

How does that make sense though? YS says there are no gates to the RoS so Heartless cannot enter it. Not that the Worlds fell to sleep because of their "far gates".

Yeah, well I'll ask at the bottom of my reply and see what happens there.

I was never saying the theory was wrong, by the way. I was just pointing out that without it being confirmed by an interview/trailer/the game itself, it's still a theory.

Yen Sid doesn't say that the worlds are asleep because of their gates not being reachable by Heartless. What are you saying? o_O Yen Sid says that the RoS has NO gates, so not even the Heartless can reach it. He does not say that that is the cause of the Worlds being asleep.

I don't doubt that theory, in fact I'm an advocate of it. But like I said, no matter how likely a theory is does not mean it has yet been proven fact. So you can't run around here saying it's a fact when it isn't; I'm not attempting to tear your theory apart either. I'm trying to point out that it's just a theory and not to tell someone else they're wrong just because you believe in yours more or it seems more likely.

I'm just asking for the interview where that was specified, you have failed to provide me one and I do not recall such a thing being said. If anyone would like to post a link for me so I could be more informed, I would be grateful.

You got me there, bro.
Look, Yen Sid said that after KH1 Sora and Riku saved most of the worlds, but the process didn't reach out to some of their gates or something like that in the beginning of his JP monologue. I got it confused with how he said the Heartless couldn't enter the Realm of Sleep. I've been trying to find the link for the past hour, but I KNOW I saw it multiple times and I've talked to multiple people here about this statement. I know these are not enough grounds for you to believe, but it's all I've got. Anyways, can we stop discussing this? Because of my arrogant adittude concerning my theory we've stranded way too far from the topic.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I sorta forget some parts of Re:coded, but I have a quick question...
Is it known whether or not Data Riku can actually exist outside of the Datascape?
Or are Team Data Riku supporters just assuming that the Realm of Sleep is directly connected to the Datascape?
I mean, if Data versions of characters could exist outside the Datascape... then why not just... you know... let Data Sora and Data Riku out of the Datascape so they can be like... sidekicks or something for the real versions. Two are better than one.

To clarify though, I'm not saying that Data Riku can't exist outside of the Datascape... I'm just wondering if there is any reason to support that Data Riku can exist outside the Datascape... or if there is any reason to believe that the reality in the Datascape and the reality in the Realm of Sleep are directly connected.

In Re:Coded Data-Riku never leaves the Datascape. His interactions with Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Jimminy are only though the computer until they're transported into the Datascape themselves.
I could swear he made himself appear in Disney Castle, which cause a lot of wide-spread ruin on the forums as to people speculating who it was.

Key of Valor

The Professor

Chaser said:
I could swear he made himself appear in Disney Castle, which cause a lot of wide-spread ruin on the forums as to people speculating who it was.

I'm pretty sure that the scene you're thinking of takes place inside Data Disney Castle and is the very same scene where Data Riku explains to Mickey and others that they have been dragged into the Datascape.

khnerdXIII

Lol. That was a theory, it's only speculation. The truth is that no one knows that's what happened for sure so don't throw it around like it's fact.

You friend. Loving your signature.

I love how my team isn't even considered. Haha.

Then again, there's a ton of evidence against it being Xion, so it makes sense.

My apologies. Shall I add a third option to the poll?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I'm pretty sure that the scene you're thinking of takes place inside Data Disney Castle and is the very same scene where Data Riku explains to Mickey and others that they have been dragged into the Datascape.

Correct! Data-Riku also says two things that are rather key (no pun intended) to his identity as the journal and how MDG are in the Datascape.

"I'm just zeroes and ones that look like somebody you know."
~and~
"I took the liberty of importing all of you to help solve the mystery of this entry."​

khnerdXIII

Thank you very much for offering. There's not enough support or evidence for team Xion, so no thank you. data Riku and Repliku are the two main candidates, anyway.

No problem. I hope for your sake it is Xion-or some version of her. As long as it's KH, it's good for me, so I'm sure it'll all work out in the end :D

Awards

No problem. I hope for your sake it is Xion-or some version of her. As long as it's KH, it's good for me, so I'm sure it'll all work out in the end :D
Although I'm hoping for Xion, I don't mind who it turns out to be. As long as it's done gracefully and explained well, which, admittedly, would be hard to do with any of the choices. It would be hardest to do with Xion, probably.

khnerdXIII

Although I'm hoping for Xion, I don't mind who it turns out to be. As long as it's done gracefully and explained well, which, admittedly, would be hard to do with any of the choices. It would be hardest to do with Xion, probably.

Yeah I think no matter what characters we get, the situation is gonna be a little convoluted. But that's why we love it!

Youniquee

Awards

Now that I think of it, I do actually like the idea of it being Xion :D. It'd be a nice surprise. But it's just explaining why she's there and why she's posing as Riku...hmm.
I personally think it's Data Riku though, considering the appearance of Riku in the trailer.

NotaHero21

I never played re:coded so I have no idea how data!riku acted, or what his personality was. Personally I'm hoping to see replica riku, if only for the chance that he might have the key to helping xion become her own person. Me and my selfish rion dreams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back