• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Re: Riku in KH3D

Really? I thought if she got too much of a certain person, like with Sora, she'd take their form. I could be wrong, though, since she was made to be like Sora in the first place.
It's why Xemnas and Xigbar saw her sometimes as Ventus, Riku saw her as Sora, and Saix only saw her face covered because he never saw anyone connected to Sora. (Well, he met Ventus, but I can't say he would remember spending five minutes with a stranger after ten years. XD)

Awards

It's why Xemnas and Xigbar saw her sometimes as Ventus, Riku saw her as Sora, and Saix only saw her face covered because he never saw anyone connected to Sora. (Well, he met Ventus, but I can't say he would remember spending five minutes with a stranger after ten years. XD)
I know, but I was refering to the very end. Although Xigbar did see Ventus where Axel saw Sora, so I guess I was off. Sorry.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

I cant even understand her existence worse then repliku, she should not be in the realm of sleep she should be nothing

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I leave this thread and look what it turns into. I should just erase you all right now. If only it was the 7th Day.

Besides, Xion was made from Sora's memories of Kairi so looking like Riku probably isn't a form she can transform into like Sora, but even that wasn't under her control.
Still, she did turn into Riku at one point during the game.

[video=youtube;iAHOUX1mFDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAHOUX1mFDM[/video]

Take it as you will~

I cant even unerstand her existence worse the repliku, she should not be in the real of sleep she should be nothing
Ice cold bro.
Until you fix your spelling and grammar, you should be nothing.
I have a special mission for you. Learn to spell. You have 3 days. Fail, and face erasure.

Crazy Mario

I leave this thread and look what it turns into. I should just erase you all right now. If only it was the 7th Day.

Still, she did turn into Riku at one point during the game.

[video=youtube;iAHOUX1mFDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAHOUX1mFDM[/video]

Take it as you will~

Ice cold bro.
Until you fix your spelling and grammar, you should be nothing.
I have a special mission for you. Learn to spell. You have 3 days. Fail, and face erasure.
I meant that Riku wouldn't see Xion as Riku, but someone else with ties to Riku would see Xion as Riku. Wow, this sentence is such a clusterfuck.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

There are so many things wrong with this... >_>

1) Riku Replica obtaining a Coat is a serious stretch? really?... He used darkness and embraced darkness, yeah... and darkness eats away at the heart, if he wished to exist he would try and protect his heart so he can keep doing what he'd been doing
2) lol, what? I didn't realize you were Tetsuya Nomura himself and have decided that Riku Replica has served his purpose
3) What makes you think that Riku Replica has anything of the sort on his mind? He's already in the RoS, if you noticed your original in the RoS after you "died" wouldn't that warrant a "hi"? You're assuming that he sought Riku out for some sort of plot changing purpose
4) because he's wearing a Coat? by that logic it could just as easily be Xion
5) Obviously... Because Riku meeting a resident of the RoS is a HUGE stretch >_>
6) Nothing? I don't see any significance in this... assuming they can "just send things there"...
7) Because whatever version of Riku that is found them? not the other way around? this point doesn't make since either...
8) The only difference is what they are wearing -_-
9) Yeah, I'd say so...
10) I don't see how we're blinded in any way, but...

tumblr_lts4ebJ61o1qdez8e.gif

1) Firstly, that's assuming that Repliku is there to begin with and doing anything. We have no solid evidence that Repliku is in the Realm of Sleep and those suggesting it is Data!Riku are at least bringing up the idea that he could be inserted into the Realm of Sleep somehow since the ones putting Riku and Sora in the Realm of Sleep have the journal in their possession can throw him in there.
Secondly, the idea of attaining the suit to suppress the ill affects of the darkness were brought up in CoM, where Repliku first made his debut. Having been created by the organization if he needed a suit to survive I think he would have been given one. That either suggests he doesn't need one or he didn't have time to receive one (as far as the story goes because outside of story we can just say Nomura didn't think that far). Either or, putting a suit on him just to link him to the Riku seen in the trailer is where the 'stretch' is.

2)Hmmmm...instead of using the Riku incarnate that I've created recently in Re:Coded (which KH3D has already been said to link BBS, Coded, and Days btw) that's already wearing the attire, has useful information, and has been used as a plot device before and recently...I'm gonna go with the replica incarnate who...fought to attain his own existence. I'm not Nomura but I'm just thinking rationally.

3) Lol... Paint this scenario for me... Repliku is wandering the 'Dream-Monstro' and bumps into his original...makes more sense...than Data!Riku seeking Riku out and finding him in 'Dream-Monstro'? You're telling me he strolled through the dream whale and just happened to run into Riku, yes?

4)...Haha...really? I'm not just pointing at the coat...I'm pointing at a KH1 Riku...wearing the coat... If it was a black haired girl wearing a coat than yes...I'd say Xion. But its a KH1-Riku wearing a coat. And since only two Riku's have done this already canonically and one of them is wearing new duds...I'm going with the other one who wore the coat...canonically.

5) If ya think Repliku has plot relevance for his appearance on the evidence we have than kudos to you. I tip my imaginary gentleman's hate to you sir.

6) I don't see how me assuming they can send Data!Riku into RoS makes any less sense than you assuming that Repliku would suddenly have plot relevance.

7) *sigh*...I can't... Hypothetically speaking if Data!Riku is in there possession and may have information the real Riku might need or hell, that Sora might need, Data!Riku can be of help, no?

8) Yes. A key difference. Walk with me on this one. If I were to place trailer Riku in front of you and placed a picture of Data!Riku and Repliku in front of you, who would you say was in the trailer if you hadn't played either game? (which means you wouldn't assume someone was magically given a coat)

9) which brings me to my lovely gif at the top :)

10) well...blinding does tend to do that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Like, why would Riku see himself in Xion? Last time I checked you were only able to see the face of somebody you were closely connected to in Xion, not yourself.

EDIT: And while Roxas saw Sora, who was Sora's body and soul, Roxas was practically a unique person (considering he had Ven's heart sleeping inside of him)

So while I'm not dismissing Xion, I just don't think it is her.

Crazy Mario

1) Firstly, that's assuming that Repliku is there to begin with and doing anything. We have no solid evidence that Repliku is in the Realm of Sleep and those suggesting it is Data!Riku are at least bringing up the idea that he could be inserted into the Realm of Sleep somehow since the ones putting Riku and Sora in the Realm of Sleep have the journal in their possession can throw him in there.
Secondly, the idea of attaining the suit to suppress the ill affects of the darkness were brought up in CoM, where Repliku first made his debut. Having been created by the organization if he needed a suit to survive I think he would have been given one. That either suggests he doesn't need one or he didn't have time to receive one (as far as the story goes because outside of story we can just say Nomura didn't think that far). Either or, putting a suit on him just to link him to the Riku seen in the trailer is where the 'stretch' is.

2)Hmmmm...instead of using the Riku incarnate that I've created recently in Re:Coded (which KH3D has already been said to link BBS, Coded, and Days btw) that's already wearing the attire, has useful information, and has been used as a plot device before and recently...I'm gonna go with the replica incarnate who...fought to attain his own existence. I'm not Nomura but I'm just thinking rationally.

3) Lol... Paint this scenario for me... Repliku is wandering the 'Dream-Monstro' and bumps into his original...makes more sense...than Data!Riku seeking Riku out and finding him in 'Dream-Monstro'? You're telling me he strolled through the dream whale and just happened to run into Riku, yes?

4)...Haha...really? I'm not just pointing at the coat...I'm pointing at a KH1 Riku...wearing the coat... If it was a black haired girl wearing a coat than yes...I'd say Xion. But its a KH1-Riku wearing a coat. And since only two Riku's have done this already canonically and one of them is wearing new duds...I'm going with the other one who wore the coat...canonically.

5) If ya think Repliku has plot relevance for his appearance on the evidence we have than kudos to you. I tip my imaginary gentleman's hate to you sir.

6) I don't see how me assuming they can send Data!Riku into RoS makes any less sense than you assuming that Repliku would suddenly have plot relevance.

7) *sigh*...I can't... Hypothetically speaking if Data!Riku is in there possession and may have information the real Riku might need or hell, that Sora might need, Data!Riku can be of help, no?

8) Yes. A key difference. Walk with me on this one. If I were to place trailer Riku in front of you and placed a picture of Data!Riku and Repliku in front of you, who would you say was in the trailer if you hadn't played either game? (which means you wouldn't assume someone was magically given a coat)

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN! I'm sorry, but I just couldn't help it! I totally support your argument and facts!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Bonus points for Tom Felton.

I like what I read, and what I read is good.

Key of Valor

The Professor

I personally think it's the Riku Replica for a lot of reasons, but to name just a few...

Apparently Xion made the list of people who need to be freed from torment or whatever. If the series is going to bother with helping out one Replica, then the series might as well take the time to help out the only other Replica while it's traveling down irrelevant avenue for Xion's sake.

"Sleep" was a big theme in Reverse/Rebirth. Riku's heart was at risk of getting stuck in "Sleep"... and when the Riku Replica faded away, Riku suggested that the Riku Replica's heart might go where Riku's heart would go. If Riku's heart was so close to "Sleep", then perhaps the same applies to the Riku Replica's heart, possibly allowing the Riku Replica's heart to fade into a state of Sleep and end up in the Realm of Sleep or some junk like that.

Also, the Riku Replica was previously meant to represent a version of Riku that embraced darkness, and it would be so fitting for the Riku Replica to approach Riku in the very same whale where Riku himself turned against Sora and took larger steps down the path of evil. The Riku Replica could become a plot device of sorts to make Riku confront his shameful past... And since the point of the Mark of Mastery Exam is make Riku take a step back and relearn how fight, perhaps Riku will also get a second chance to act on good intentions rather than selfish intentions in his treatment towards Pinocchio.

I agree that Data Riku and Xion are possibilities... I'm also slightly considering Roxas for certain reasons that are difficult to explain. The Riku Replica is just my personal favorite option though.

Awards

Apparently Xion made the list of people who need to be freed from torment or whatever. If the series is going to bother with helping out one Replica, then the series might as well take the time to help out the only other Replica while it's traveling down irrelevant avenue for Xion's sake.
Thing is, Xion suffered for Sora's sake, and is trapped inside of him. She is part of the reason why Sora is who he is(from a certain point of view). Repliku didn't. Namine had to put Sora's memories back, and is now without free will, Roxas had to struggle all his "existence" and in the end return to Sora, Axel sacrificed himself to help Sora, Aqua, Terra, and Ven are "trapped" but they tried to save the worlds.

Repliku doesn't seem like he fits, to me... Not saying he shouldn't return, just explaining why I think he's not one of the tormented...

Key of Valor

The Professor

MegaWallflower said:
Thing is, Xion suffered for Sora's sake, and is trapped inside of him. She is part of the reason why Sora is who he is(from a certain point of view). Repliku didn't. Namine had to put Sora's memories back, and is now without free will, Roxas had to struggle all his "existence" and in the end return to Sora, Axel sacrificed himself to help Sora, Aqua, Terra, and Ven are "trapped" but they tried to save the worlds.

Repliku doesn't seem like he fits, to me... Not saying he shouldn't return, just explaining why I think he's not one of the tormented...

I don't think Xion deserves any special treatment just because she had her own name or appearance. Xion and the Riku Replica both had hearts, and if existing inside Sora forever isn't good enough for Xion, then regardless of whatever became of the Riku Replica's heart... whether it is within Riku or in a state of Sleep or both... he too deserves more than what he got.

Awards

I don't think Xion deserves any special treatment just because she had her own name or appearance. Xion and the Riku Replica both had hearts, and if existing inside Sora forever isn't good enough for Xion, then regardless of whatever became of the Riku Replica's heart... whether it is within Riku or in a state of Sleep or both... he too deserves more than what he got.
I didn't say it had to do with Xion's sense of identity or anything. Maybe she will stay in Sora, maybe she'll come out. Bottom line is her hurting will be mended. She's suffering because of her sacrifice for Sora.
Repliku seems arguably at peace when he's taken out, and he is not suffering for Sora's sake, if I remember correctly(which I often do not). Also, memories of him that aren't Sora's weren't found in Sora's heart.
Maybe he does deserve more. But not because he's a tormented, too, because I don't think he counts... again, I could very well be wrong.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I personally think it's the Riku Replica for a lot of reasons, but to name just a few...

"Sleep" was a big theme in Reverse/Rebirth. Riku's heart was at risk of getting stuck in "Sleep"... and when the Riku Replica faded away, Riku suggested that the Riku Replica's heart might go where Riku's heart would go. If Riku's heart was so close to "Sleep", then perhaps the same applies to the Riku Replica's heart, possibly allowing the Riku Replica's heart to fade into a state of Sleep and end up in the Realm of Sleep or some junk like that.

Also, the Riku Replica was previously meant to represent a version of Riku that embraced darkness, and it would be so fitting for the Riku Replica to approach Riku in the very same whale where Riku himself turned against Sora and took larger steps down the path of evil. The Riku Replica could become a plot device of sorts to make Riku confront his shameful past... And since the point of the Mark of Mastery Exam is make Riku take a step back and relearn how fight, perhaps Riku will also get a second chance to act on good intentions rather than selfish intentions in his treatment towards Pinocchio.

I agree that Data Riku and Xion are possibilities... I'm also slightly considering Roxas for certain reasons that are difficult to explain. The Riku Replica is just my personal favorite option though.

I definitely see where you are coming from. The only part that truly convinces me that it may be Repliku is the whole his heart will go where Riku's heart would. That is the only sensible reason (that we have so far) that could possibly lead to Repliku being the Riku in the trailer.

However, I do not agree on the sort of redemption/second chance deal simply because that would imply that Riku hasn't already gone through that. CoM and KH2 seemed to imply that Riku has reformed completely and turned his back on the darkness or the lust for darkness that he struggled with in KH1 (seeing how he's accepted his darkness as apart of himself). But I will admit that he does seem to suffer from trust issues with himself, seeing how he told Yen Sid that he has to make sure that Riku is worthy of the keyblade. Repliku helped Riku (in a way) with the struggle with his darkness but honestly it was really Mickey, Ansem SoD (as well as Ansem the Wise disguised as him), and Namine that really pushed him through where as Repliku was something more of a distorted mirror that would randomly pop up and taunt Riku to the point that Ansem SoD was merely using Repliku's existence as a tool to bait him. He didn't play much of an active role is what I'm getting at when we look at Mickey, Ansem SoD(and Diz), and Namine. I just find that giving a character a responsibility they never had randomly and out of no where to be nonsensical compared to Data!Riku who's filled the "cryptic advice giver role" before in a recent game that DDD is supposed to tie up with.

Exactly. Repliku doesn't seem to fit anywhere honestly. He was apart of the replica project but he was imperfect enough to not receive a number did. He tried to attain his own existence by offing Zexion which failed, he fell to Riku's blade trying to attain some sort of existence anyway and died a tragic death. Does that merit him an appearance in the Realm of Sleep wearing different attire? Perhaps. But I don't see any evidence that suggests as much. Repliku is one of my favorite characters in this series but I'm just trying to make sense here.

Xion's ties to Sora, Roxas, and Axel as well as her (assumed) involvement with Riku's memories being apart Jimminy's Journal are all valid reasons to place her above Repliku outside-story wise as well as inside-story wise. They may have both been replicas but Xion was 'more of a success.' I don't know if that makes her more of a person/individual or gives her the right to be.

I'm not even considering Xion as a possibility honestly ^^'

I agree that Repliku is one of, if not, THE most tragic character in this series but its a possibility that he'll just remain that: a tragic character.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

She needs to be remembered by people.

Key of Valor

The Professor

MegaWallflower said:
I didn't say it had to do with Xion's sense of identity or anything. Maybe she will stay in Sora, maybe she'll come out. Bottom line is her hurting will be mended. She's suffering because of her sacrifice for Sora.
Repliku seems arguably at peace when he's taken out, and he is not suffering for Sora's sake, if I remember correctly(which I often do not). Also, memories of him that aren't Sora's weren't found in Sora's heart.
Maybe he does deserve more. But not because he's a tormented, too, because I don't think he counts... again, I could very well be wrong.

Xion, Roxas, and Namine seemed to eventually accept not having an independent existence... but I guess a better fate awaits for them since they've been grouped with the tormented. The Riku Replica was totally robbed of everything though... and he had nothing to console him at the time of his demise except for the thought that at least he would no longer have to suffer with the reality that he was nothing more than a fake... That's a terrible fate...

Just because the Riku Replica wasn't mentioned in Re:coded, it doesn't mean he isn't suffering, nor does it mean that Sora and/or Riku can't relieve the possible suffering of the Riku Replica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back