• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Black Box betting pool

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
I figured since there’s a lot of theories about what’s in the black box we could have a little fun with our guesses. We won’t actually be betting money on this obviously but whoever guesses what’s in The black box before it’s revealed in game will be given the privilege of saying they called it. I’ll start by guessing that the black box will reset everything in the kingdom hearts universe if opened. This is why the MoM tells Luxu never to open it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I feel like the Black Box contains whatever tool/ability is needed to travel/move things from reality to unreality and vice versa.

Mexican Sora

Awards
It is a reset button. Opening the box will cause the destruction of their current reality and reboot anew. It is tied to the Master's life force so whenever opened he then vanishes for an unspecified amount of time.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
The Black Box is called what it is because it is a literal "black box" as in black box theory. It is what is causing the universe as everyone knows it because it is reading input data of what it sees/what is around it, and is responsible for the output which is then what we see the KH universe doing. It's basically the computer mainframe that is keeping the KH universe operating under certain "rules" and laws, and would therefore be the "reason" why Sora disappeared/why what Sora did was considered "taboo" in the first place.

In short, it is a computer that is manipulating the universe.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It contains 99 dalmatians. The Master of Masters mastered the art of locking puppies in chests long before it became a common thing.
Jokes aside, my guess is a classic: the 13 dark pieces of the original X-Blade.
Aren't the 13 "true darknesses" in characters right now?

okhi12

Awards
Aren't the 13 "true darknesses" in characters right now?
You mean the 13 willful darknesses? As far as I recall they were never mentioned to come from the X-Blade. If that was the case the Master would have mentioned it when he told Luxu about them. If he did I don't remember it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've always thought the Black Box would turn out to be completely empty and useless.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The black box contains:

1) a computer that has manipulated everything in the KH universe
2) the original lost light
3) a body
4) chaos

(I’m not even joking about Chaos)

LoneFox

Awards
The important question isn't what it is, but what it does.
And I think the answer is, it transforms the dream eaters back into Dandelions.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I think there are 7 “willfull” darknesses or however they will be referred to as inside the box. 13 darkness in total; 1 with Ven; 4 in Wreck it Ralph; 1 in the wind (might have possessed Xehanort but I can’t honestly remember how UX resolved that one’s fate but I always assumed it eventually made its way to Xehanort); 7 in the box to merge at some point with the 5 foretellers, Luxu, and the Master of Masters.

7 darkness in the box. Final answer. All in.

Sonofjafar

Awards
It is a reset button. Opening the box will cause the destruction of their current reality and reboot anew. It is tied to the Master's life force so whenever opened he then vanishes for an unspecified amount of time.
that's basically what i said minus the part about the MoM's life force

2 quid is good

Awards
The black box is like the black box in my car: annoying, ever present, consistently noting my failings, but I put up with it because it makes insurance cheaper.

Basically I just think it's a source of information for the Darknesses and once opened will just let then know like, whatever they want about the future or the lights, I guess in that sense it was also a type of insurance policy for the MoM in case whatever he was planning failed. Probably the plot of future KH games will be to subvert this by letting Sora go like, monkey brain on them.

Back