• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep's graphics in 2.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chefdiz19

I just watched a video of the Metal Gear Solid Peace walker HD remake and, I'm really hoping BBS ends up looking better. The HD version of MGSPW looks like it's for the psp but just ported to the new system, I'm just hoping that Square-Enix will do a better job on the graphic overhaul of BBS. Does anyone else have this concern?

Cuccojenkins

I'm confident that It'll look more like the ps2 games than a psp game this time around

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
BBS is the Osaka team's baby; if anything they'll probably take more care with it than any other title in the remasters.

chefdiz19

Good, that was my thinking too, I love BBS so I want it to have the most upgraded graphics.

AlbertJ

Awards
Unless they plan on redoing some of BBS and not just up-scaling the PSP version I think it will be around the same graphical level as Peace Walker HD, which I don't think looks bad at all.

State

Awards
YouTube "kh2hd" and you should get a glimpse on what kh2 would look on HD and take that as a reference as to how it would look (suggesting KH2 HD seeing as how I dunno if there are any HD versions of BbS available on YT, but I imagine there are).

Kisame

I just watched a video of the Metal Gear Solid Peace walker HD remake and, I'm really hoping BBS ends up looking better. The HD version of MGSPW looks like it's for the psp but just ported to the new system, I'm just hoping that Square-Enix will do a better job on the graphic overhaul of BBS. Does anyone else have this concern?

I've personally worked with the entire BBS iso file (obviously I didn't make the game but I have all the files extracted, anywhere from animation files, textures, music files, etc) and that's a crap ton of work to make it all look better. If they choose not to work on it at all, I would not blame them.

BagelBreath

Awards
I'm going to be very disappointed if it's half assed. I'm looking forward to HD BBS the most and want the best for it.

chefdiz19

Peace walker has some of the best graphics for the psp, but when on the console you look at a tree and it's made out of a triangle haha, I'm mainly saying that I want the graphics quality to transition well to the PS3. But if they did a full overhaul of the graphics they'd get no complaints from me lol. But if I had to choose between completely overhauled graphics for BBS or having 3D in the 2.5 collection somehow, I'd definitely choose 3D's inclusion.

Kisame

Peace walker has some of the best graphics for the psp, but when on the console you look at a tree and it's made out of a triangle haha, I'm mainly saying that I want the graphics quality to transition well to the PS3. But if they did a full overhaul of the graphics they'd get no complaints from me lol. But if I had to choose between completely overhauled graphics for BBS or having 3D in the 2.5 collection somehow, I'd definitely choose 3D's inclusion.

As I said before, it's a butt ton of work. Not saying it wouldn't be freaking cool, it's just a bit much I don't know. That could be just me though.

I'm sure whatever we get, will be kick ass all the same.

Santiago

As I said before, it's a butt ton of work. Not saying it wouldn't be freaking cool, it's just a bit much I don't know. That could be just me though.I'm sure whatever we get, will be kick ass all the same.
They remade most of Kingdom Hearts 1 from scratch for 1.5, which I assume was just as hard, if not harder, than fine tuning the graphics of BBS.

I think it's safe to say they will be making BBS look as pretty as possible.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It all depends on how good the graphics are from the very start along with how much extra work they're willing to do. For example, in the God of War Origins Collection both of those games were PSP titles. Chains of Olympus looks pretty much identical to the first GoW game in HD because it was made early in the PSP life cycle when graphics had yet to get all fancy. Ghost of Sparta on the other hand, which came out long after HD graphics were an industry standard, looks almost exactly like God Of War 3 in HD and that game is crazy pretty. It's ridiculous to think Ghost of Sparta was ever a PSP game. So, since BBS already looks really good for a PSP game, as long as they updated some things (like the crossroads in the Keyblade Graveyard. So many pixels!!!) it should look fantastic.

chefdiz19

I personally think BBS had better graphics than Peace Walker (Except the crossroads lol). I believe that because this remix will be easier than 1.5 because none of the data is lost, that we know of, there can be more time spent on beautifying it. Or adding 3D. Sorry but I want 3D included SO BAD. haha

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Both games are probably in the top ten best PSP games no doubt. This is probably the best analytical comparison review on Peace Walker HD since you seem to be comparing it to Birth by Sleep.

The problem with Peace Walker HD was not the updated aesthetics, but the fact that it was a PSP game being ported to the 360 and PS3. It still played and felt like a PSP game regardless because the game was originally developed on a system with far less superior hardware than the 360 and PS3. The AI, for example, in Peace Walker is extremely limited and not many changes were included in the HD port.

Birth by Sleep will probably experience the same fate. No matter the graphical overhaul, it will need vast changes to make it feel more like a console game than a PSP port. After reviewing the changes in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix, this seems to be more and more plausible. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 major changes only consisted of modern controls, HD textures, and....a extra slot. In some sense, Peace Walker HD received similar changes.

If you are worried about aesthetics, then fear not. The poly count and resolution for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 seems to be on a whole new level than Peace Walker HD. It could be assumed that Birth by Sleep HD will look better than Peace Walker HD, but the game play will most likely, inevitably stay the same.

Kisame

They remade most of Kingdom Hearts 1 from scratch for 1.5, which I assume was just as hard, if not harder, than fine tuning the graphics of BBS.

I think it's safe to say they will be making BBS look as pretty as possible.

Fine tuning lower resolution images, textures and models, usually is harder to do. You have to take larger steps to get to that "quality" we are all looking for.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I am certain they won't screw the game. What I'm wondering is what they'll change? The resolution and the 2nd analogue support is a given, but what about the rest? Will they put the capes back in for example? Will we see more enemies on screen? I have a feeling they will go all-Nomura on us and completely revamp the game. :p

To tell the truth though, BBS didn't feel that much different compared to the PS2 entries in the first place and that's a testament to the work they put in it. Even if they left it as it was, it wouldn't look bad.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm mainly expecting them to improve the graphics to the level of KH1 in the KH1.5 ReMix and add the second analog for camera control. It would be nice if they increased the amount of enemies as well and added online capabilities and/or split screen the Mirage Arena.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
To tell the truth though, BBS didn't feel that much different compared to the PS2 entries in the first place and that's a testament to the work they put in it. Even if they left it as it was, it wouldn't look bad.

I agree with this. I forgot I was using a PSP most of the time while playing BBS. The gameplay was just as fluid as if it were made on PS2. Also, they really should add back in the capes that they were originally going to have. Although, whoever it was who had the idea to have an Incredibles world in KH3 and use the throwback of "NO CAPES!" from the movie as a way to nod to the fact that TAV's capes were removed had a brilliant idea.

chefdiz19

I agree with this. I forgot I was using a PSP most of the time while playing BBS. The gameplay was just as fluid as if it were made on PS2. Also, they really should add back in the capes that they were originally going to have. Although, whoever it was who had the idea to have an Incredibles world in KH3 and use the throwback of "NO CAPES!" from the movie as a way to nod to the fact that TAV's capes were removed had a brilliant idea.

I want the Incredibles so bad in the next game haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back