• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep Volume II is going down a route I'm not liking

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
BbS/Re:coded Spoilers ahead.

This is a bit rambling/incoherent.

So you saw the BbSFM Secret Ending? You're wondering how the freak one game is supposed to cover so much ground (KH1/Days/KH2)?

Time travel.

Note how the secret ending displays a scene from KH1 for "1". But it doesn't display a scene from BbS for "0," it in fact shows something post-KH2. Aqua meeting DiZ. And then it rewinds. It works its way backward.

This implies, as I see it, that the story in BbSv2 may be a direct sequel to BbS, but it is actually influenced by future events. Hence, time travel. Plus, as I pointed out, the game appears to incorporate several time periods.

Sooo. Who comes to mind when you think of time travel?
MF.

MF is the antagonist of BbSv2 (don't even ask me what's going on with KH3D).
He's one of the "Xehanorts" Yen Sid referred to.
But what form does he take?

Young MX. You may recall a while ago when I made a topic presenting multiple options for how Xehanort will return and what he'll look like. I've since flip flopped multiple times, but as of now I think he'll look like Young MX.

Here's why.
Ansem SoD, containing Terra and Xehanort's hearts (and Eraqus, but this is negligible for the time being) would naturally be reunited with the body and soul from Xemnas, since that was the vessel those hearts were released from in the first place. However, only Xehanort's heart (not Terra's, and, presumably, Eraqus') is going back to the vessel. Why? Because Terra's heart is in Riku. Nomura has already brought this up as a possibility. It is my belief that when DiZ's machine exploded, Terra and Xehanort's hearts were separated. Terra's heart, essentially light at its core (especially with Eraqus in it), managed to cling on to Riku's heart. However, since the explosion purged Riku of darkness, Xehanort's heart got the boot.

So.
Xehanort's Heart + Terra's Body/Soul = Young MX.
How?
Remember, the Heart shapes the vessel. Look at Roxas, who has Ven's heart. Look at Terranort, who has both Terra and MX's hearts.

With Terra's heart out of the equation, then, having MX's heart in Terra's body would produce a form that looks entirely like MX. However, because the body is younger, he would be younger too.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is MF. Young MX.
That's why we were shown Young MX at the end of the BbSv2 trailer.

Still, I have yet to work out a satisfactory reason as to why he can time travel. I really don't like any of the ideas I've had, so I'm holding off on that for the time being.

But there's one last thing I'd like to point out.
While we can't say exactly what Xehanort's goal would be in time traveling, we are given a hint in the BbSv2 trailer.

Say it with me: Altering the past! Yup. KH is going that route.
Where does it hint that? At the very end.
Look closely. One minute we see Sora, there's a flash, and he's gone. Same goes for Ven. Like someone wiped them out of existence.

And as we know based on dialogue from Timeless River, altering the past affects the present.

That's it for now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hope no time travel. I thought on that as well in the past (before BBSFM) and kinda ditched it because I don't like the idea at all. But now it seems more plausible.

D:

And on the time rewind in the video, I thought of it more as a "Here, we are going to show you what happened before this stuff" but it definitely gives off the "HERP DERP TIEM TRAVEL BITCHES" vibe as well.

I'm hoping for the "We are going to show you what happened before this stuff" because KH + Time Travel = UGH.

And...Hasn't SE already pissed off fans with The 3rd Birthday and FFXIV? Time travel would just make the fans enraged and tired of Nomura's BS.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
no, kick my balls instead >___>
i really hope you're wrong. i hate the time twisting scenario crap.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
This seems...all too plausible...

I completely agree with you on the Young MX bit but I pray you are wrong about the time travel. From what I took from the ending I thought they were just showing events we didn't know about. But looking back I can see how it gives off that "revisit time period" ordeal...So He'd go into the past to wipe Ven and Sora out? I don't see why. Taking Ven or Sora out would make a lot of events not happen that was essential to MF's growth (if we are assuming he is a Young MX) I mean...being defeated at the hands of Sora is what made him becoming MF possible. :/ My head hurts...

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.
Yay!
Someone else noticed Sora (along with the setting sun...huh...) vanishing. Then right after Ven disappears too.

IDK. Weird things are about to happen. I have yet to decide whether it's good or bad, but I'm excited. If executed properly it may work out really well...

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Look closely. One minute we see Sora, there's a flash, and he's gone. Same goes for Ven. Like someone wiped them out of existence.
Actually if you see the scene again its just a simple passage of time. When Sora is sitting on the tree the sun is setting and in the scene without Sora there is no sunset so unless MF wiped the sun out of existence I think Sora just got tired of sitting on the tree and walked off (probably to do his thing in KH3D).

Awards
Actually if you see the scene again its just a simple passage of time. When Sora is sitting on the tree the sun is setting and in the scene without Sora there is no sunset so unless MF wiped the sun out of existence I think Sora just got tired of sitting on the tree and walked off (probably to do his thing in KH3D).

I think it's pretty clear that the implication is that Sora/Ven disappeared (not necessarily for the reasons I have provided).

Putting the jump cut in there to show that Sora "just got tired of sitting on the tree" is completely nonsensical.
We already know he's going to leave on his adventure in KH3D. Making that implication is pointless.

And this is further supported by Ven's disappearance. Since, you know, Ven can't walk. It's not as though it's flashing forward to a point where Sora somehow saved Ven and he got up. Nomura has already said that KH3 is to deal with saving those who are hurt.
The disappearance has to do with BbSv2.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I don't see any reason for time travel. Aqua's been in RoD for a decade+. It could easily be that her scenario in v2 is stretched over the entire period & thus each of those scenes happen in real time.

Zak1403

I just thought Sora disappearing was meaning that he was going to another adventure seeing as his in his KH2 clothes.

Gestriden

I don't see any reason for time travel. Aqua's been in RoD for a decade+. It could easily be that her scenario in v2 is stretched over the entire period & thus each of those scenes happen in real time.

Aqua was in there for 10 years only which is only the start of the 1st game but there are even events in the second game influenced by this.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I hope you're wrong about the time travel purely for the sake of the Kingdom Hearts series not getting any more retarded. Otherwise, I don't hold anything against you whatsoever.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I doubt its time travel, its probably gonna jump around different events between the 10 years Aqua was in the RoD and hey anyone notice the Castle Aqua saw? It reminds me of a certain place in KH1 when Sora goes to Deep Jungle unless that was Hallow Bastion then nvm.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
I doubt its time travel, its probably gonna jump around different events between the 10 years Aqua was in the RoD and hey anyone notice the Castle Aqua saw? It reminds me of a certain place in KH1 when Sora goes to Deep Jungle unless that was Hallow Bastion then nvm.

that's the Castle of Dreams. which could mean, i just stating a theory, that maybe Maleficent has started her invasion of the worlds and collecting the Princesses of Heart. this is just a theory, so don't quote me on it if its later proved wrong.

Kira Yoshikage

Maybe the game will be filled with stable time loops.
I.E.
Character A vows to kill character B if he doesn't come to location X on time.
Character B doesn't show up and is later found dead.
Character A travels back in time to kill character B.
Thus character A has made a stable time loop...
Don't diss the idea it's honestly a very used plot devise in what is objectively one of the greatest pieces of fiction ever.

Now to get back on topic

I honestly thought the game would be about what Aqua was doing during the 10 year gap, no time travel. Just her doing her own thing for 11 years. Possibly being revealed to be the voice of the stations of awakening. And the Ansem is a boss thing could explain why it took him 9 years of being a heartless to go and finally attack the realm of light at full force.
Also why does Ven disappearing mean time got altered. I honestly thought it was the confirmation to my theory that someone had said "Fuck this magical lost in oblivion bullshit" and stolen Ven at some point in time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, now I'm wide awake so I wanted to say. I don't believe it is time travel. Yes, the video does rewind, then in parts we see Sora vanish then we see Ven vanish. Now it could mean that they were "erased from existence" somehow but hasn't everybody already thought Sora didn't exist due Namine chaining his memories?

If this is time travel and the existence of Sora and Ven has been erased, I think somebody needs to shoot Nomura for real this time.

Now, that being said, I don't think it is time travel because I think this game will go...backwards due to the rewinding.

We'll start at 3D events go a certain point then rewind back to some point during Days/CoM. Then rewind again until we eventually end up around the events of BBS...or even before.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Yeah, I'm starting to doubt it's time travel. The 'Fragmented Passage' sorta gives off the feeling that the events of the game won't be in a fluid order, just jumping from one event in KH to the other.

Another thing: I think this game...may come out before KH3D. -shrugs- they said KH3D was the prelude to KH3 or something and this game seems to cover stuff right up to the end of KH2 so maybe they've been working on it secretly or something or during BBSfm so it'd release earlier. What do you guys think?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I honestly think they have been working on the game in secret because Nomura said he wanted to release a game a year. 3D is definitely not coming out this fiscal year and the PSP2 might not make it out this year as well. Hopefully this is on the PSP and longer than any game prior since we now know they have a lot of room on the PSP they bullsh!tted with junk data.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
When I saw the title I was going to say "How can that trailer dissepoint anyone" but damm! I really hope they stay away from time travell but if they don't For christ sake do it good and when the saga end I want to continue after the end of KH II and III, if everything beggin all over agian (Eureka if anyone have seen it) I just... Aaargh! *take gun and shot myself*

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
.... I can see where people are getting the time travel idea from but i still think it unlikely.
A little theory i had is that; worlds that get covered in darkness eventually end up in the dark realm.
My thought is that Aqua is going to rid these worlds from darkness and they will be restored.... then again that theory has flaws too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back