• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Soundtrack

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindClosedDoor

So first off, because the game came out today, I think this is the first thread made on it. I wouldn't know because the search option is disabled/broken.

Well I just downloaded it. I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed. The soundtrack is awesome in itself, but it sounds a bit too "Final Fantasy XII" for me. I don't know if we're allowed to give download links on this kind of stuff, and I won't be putting one until I hear that it's okay to do so.

I'd like to know what you guys think about it! That is, for those who have already downloaded the soundtrack or listened to YouTube videos.

On a side note, I was wondering if anybody has found the official Wheel Master Battle theme. It wasn't included in the file I downloaded, is it possible that they removed it from the game? The one made by BlueNocturne was awesome, but I'd like to hear the official one too.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I am pretty disappointed as well. I wanted KHBBS to have the KH1 themes and I dont care if anyone says that "it was Hollow Bastion then, in BBS its Radiant Garden" I mean come on, a theme is a theme and its better in KH1.

Ikazuchi

yeah I agree Paladin, the original Hollow Bastion theme was the best one. They should have used it. I mean, they used scherzo di notte right? I kinda like this version, but it sounds like super fresh, and like FFXII

Kid-A

man I hate to hear that it was undewhelming, I'll have to download it to see for myself, but after having 4 games to come out with amazing music and being so excited for BBS's soundtrack. I've heard from other places that it really wasn't that great

I mean as much as I love Hikari/simple and clean can they not get a new theme?

but i'm gonna find it and listen for myself before I give a definite idea on it I've only heard the main theme thats played in the trailers

oh and if its comparable to FFXII imma just give up on life cause FFXII had the absolute worst soundtrack I've ever heard in my VERY honest opinion

Ikazuchi

Oh yeah, I think the version of Enchanted Dominion Battle was much better. and for anyone's interest, the remix made by sasukeshika on youtube is equally awesome

<EDIT> I mean, the version made by BlueNocturne, the real one was a bit disappointing

Last edited:

theheroofdarknes

Website
theheroofdarkness.deviantart.com
So first off, because the game came out today, I think this is the first thread made on it. I wouldn't know because the search option is disabled/broken.

Well I just downloaded it. I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed. The soundtrack is awesome in itself, but it sounds a bit too "Final Fantasy XII" for me. I don't know if we're allowed to give download links on this kind of stuff, and I won't be putting one until I hear that it's okay to do so.

I'd like to know what you guys think about it! That is, for those who have already downloaded the soundtrack or listened to YouTube videos.

On a side note, I was wondering if anybody has found the official Wheel Master Battle theme. It wasn't included in the file I downloaded, is it possible that they removed it from the game? The one made by BlueNocturne was awesome, but I'd like to hear the official one too.

Well, I just listened to a view parts (not complete, just small pieces) and I for myself... well, let's say I like some, but some are indeed a little bit lame.

Anyway, I also wonder where the Wheel Master Battle Theme went. I searched everywhere for it, but the only thing I found are those ones of BlueNocturne which some other stupid people uploaded. Sorry, but I'm a little bit pissed off, since it's the best theme in the game and they should have updated it (I mean SE in that case, not the fans).

However, can't await to play it...

Ikazuchi

Well, I just listened to a view parts (not complete, just small pieces) and I for myself... well, let's say I like some, but some are indeed a little bit lame.

Anyway, I also wonder where the Wheel Master Battle Theme went. I searched everywhere for it, but the only thing I found are those ones of BlueNocturne which some other stupid people uploaded. Sorry, but I'm a little bit pissed off, since it's the best theme in the game and they should have updated it (I mean SE in that case, not the fans).

However, can't await to play it...

well, I remember when the Days soundtrack was ripped, there were missing a few tracks. I mean we still don't have a legit version of the Xion Final Battle that was ripped (and not recorded) from the game do we? So maybe, this is just like the people who ripped it that missed a few songs. I have a feeling, and from the preview, Field and Battle's Musique pour la Tristesse de Xion is a mix of this track and Xion's normal theme, or it is the real name.

BondOfFlame

Well I was referring to when you first heard the songs. Not after you've listened to them fifteen million times.

Awkward Squid

Guys, anything related to BBS should go in the FoKH section.

As for the topic, I've only listened to a few soundtracks; however the 'Unknown Boss' track was my favorite. *So far...*

Detronilizer

Wow, this is the first thread I've seen with comments of disappointment about the soundtrack. I've already listened to a dozen of the BBS tracks and I'm confident enough to say that this game has the BEST soundtrack in the series. The violin theme just makes the whole experience feel so fresh, epic, and cinematic plus IMO it's a great step up from the traditional obviously "computer-composed" music SE brings out with their games. A lot of the event themes are sad to match the whole mood of the game and the boss tracks are pretty fast-paced due to the high-speed battles that this game brings. I think Yoko Shimomura herself stated that she intended to give the music of BBS a slightly different feel due to it being set in the past. Basically, I love it.

BTW, they haven't scrapped the Wheel Master boss theme. I saw a recent video of the battle and it still uses that music from the demo.

dark oblivion

Wow, this is the first thread I've seen with comments of disappointment about the soundtrack. I've already listened to a dozen of the BBS tracks and I'm confident enough to say that this game has the BEST soundtrack in the series. The violin theme just makes the whole experience feel so fresh, epic, and cinematic plus IMO it's a great step up from the traditional obviously "computer-composed" music SE brings out with their games. A lot of the event themes are sad to match the whole mood of the game and the boss tracks are pretty fast-paced due to the high-speed battles that this game brings. I think Yoko Shimomura herself stated that she intended to give the music of BBS a slightly different feel due to it being set in the past. Basically, I love it.

BTW, they haven't scrapped the Wheel Master boss theme. I saw a recent video of the battle and it still uses that music from the demo.

Quoting this entirely, even the wheel master part, I felt the music was A LOT better than what was in kh1 and 2, and improved the feel of kh for me. Sure theres some themes in kh1 that were changed a lot, but come on, Radiant Garden felt folkley and felt like A TOWN, Hollow Bastion sounded like some empty isolated place, which IT WAS.

Both themes are great, but the Radiant Garden theme was much better and more fitting in this game. And Scherzo Di Notte beats the previous versions entirely, end of story. I really hope people aren't letting their nostalgia get to them.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Nevermind the soundtrack is incredible. we get rage awakened, night of fate, fragments of sorrow as well as Destinys force. I am happy now it brought back most of my favorite tracks from KH1 and 2.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
So Birth by Sleep's soundtrack was a lot like FFXII's?

That's great because that soundtrack was fucking awesome.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan

This post is win I ADORE THIS SOUNDTRACK, I love techno and orchestral Music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back