• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep on PS3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Energy

Vəntus;5953347 said:
I don't think it would've been appropriate but to fully realize the game, it SHOULD have been on PS3... that would also have killed all reasons to make BBSFM.
At least hopefully BbS will be in HD remix 2.5 i hope.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Do you think that BbS should've been made on the PS3 not the PSP :confused:

It was originally developed to be on the PS2. I don't believe they've ever explained why the project jumped to the PSP.

At least hopefully BbS will be in HD remix 2.5 i hope.

I don't doubt that~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It was originally developed to be on the PS2. I don't believe they've ever explained why the project jumped to the PSP.

Wasn't it because the PS2 was dead by the time BBS would come out (I remember development on BBS was delayed due to team members helping out with Re: CoM)?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Who knows? Any educated guess made at this point in time would probably be right on the money. It being because of the PS2 is entirely plausible~

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
lol The PS2 just recently stopped being made a few weeks ago in Japan haha so it's funny that you mention it being dead a long time ago xP

As for should it have been made for PS3? I think it should have been, but since it should be in KH2.5, I'm fine with it not being :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
lol The PS2 just recently stopped being made a few weeks ago in Japan haha so it's funny that you mention it being dead a long time ago xP

As for should it have been made for PS3? I think it should have been, but since it should be in KH2.5, I'm fine with it not being :)

Don't remind me! ;A; My heart still aches for my beloved PS2.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Who knows? Any educated guess made at this point in time would probably be right on the money. It being because of the PS2 is entirely plausible~

Indeed, since the delay of BBS pushed it way past the PS2 life cycle. It was the first game of the handheld trinity to be planned and started, yet the last one to be finished.

I dunno if you count 2010 "a long time ago". BBS came out in 2010 and by that time the PS2 was clearly "dead". BBS was originally planned and started 2006/2007 but due to the team helping out with Re: CoM and some other stuff BBS got delayed, rendering the originally planned release (if I remember that right) of 2008/2009 moot.

Don't remind me! ;A; My heart still aches for my beloved PS2.

Lucky me I still have mine and it also still works without a problem. ^__^
It is one of the best consoles we had, too bad you lost yours. ;__;

Last edited:

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Lucky me I still have mine and it also still works without a problem. ^__^
It is one of the best consoles we had, too bad you lost yours. ;__;

I'd be careful if I were you. My PS2 is still in great condition, but it was almost rendered unplayable due to the fact that I had mutilated my controllers somehow, which are kinda important lol

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Actually my PS2 is fine. I just weep because I love it so much.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Well, PS2 games basically stopped being made a long time ago. And PSP is going that way now, with far less representation in stores than it used to have. PS2 stopped being properly represented in stores outside the used game rack years ago. Hence, it died. continued hardware manufacturing was probably to take advantage of the discontinued software library.

As for BBS being made on the PS3, they would have to have delayed production since it was probably already started for PS2 past pre-production stage, and some of the same reasons used to explain why they're still experimenting with a look for KH3.

And My PS2 is fine as well, though it's obvious why we thought it wasnt. In fact, since I wasnt really much of a gamer before, I'm more interested in PS2 games than I used to be. it's unfortunated that not many were converted to be sold on PSN and still fewer are in HD(thanks a lot for fooling me, Disney Interactive, into thinking you upscaled that Narnia game. It *definitely* as the XBOX version did upscaled).

kupo1121

Awards
I dunno if you count 2010 "a long time ago". BBS came out in 2010 and by that time the PS2 was clearly "dead". BBS was originally planned and started 2006/2007 but due to the team helping out with Re: CoM and some other stuff BBS got delayed, rendering the originally planned release (if I remember that right) of 2008/2009 moot.

Well, no I was just pointing out the fact that PS2 JUST stopped being made last year...yeah, last year as in 2012 PS2s were still being made in a factory, brand new ones haha That's all I meant

Well, PS2 games basically stopped being made a long time ago.

The last PS2 game is actually coming out this month :)

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^really, what one is that?

either way if the platform is no longer sold in department stores, that's basically a nail in the coffin.

anyway I have no trouble believing you. On a similar note, the last HD-DVD was released in 2010, 2 years after people stopped selling that format and it was declared dead.

Dream Eaters

^really, what one is that?

either way if the platform is no longer sold in department stores, that's basically a nail in the coffin.

anyway I have no trouble believing you. On a similar note, the last HD-DVD was released in 2010, 2 years after people stopped selling that format and it was declared dead.

Rest... in... peace... Ps2... HD-DVD...

kupo1121

Awards
It's actually a Square Enix game (oh the irony haha) and it is being released only in Japan. It is called Final Fantasy XI: Adoulin no Makyou

wii.red24

I would love to see Kingdom Hearts BBS on the PlayStation 3. Hopefully Nomura will include it as a full game in the next HD Collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back