• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep nominated for 5 IGN Best of 2010 Awards

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Oh yeah, I forgot. I can't say that I want Kingdom Hearts to win on a Kingdom Hearts forum. My bad.
Yeah pretty much.

I would hope you'd want the better game to win, regardless of where it's spoken of :/

LordPhantomhive

Awards
I glad it got some nominations but Persona 3 Portable is the winner for me and I am sad that it only nominated for two awards. It should win best story and atmosphere, but I have a feeling Peace Walker is going to win alot of the awards.

Ralz

BBS deserves the Most Addictive Game and Most Bang for Your Buck awards definitely. We'll see what happens with the other three, though.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I've got to say, Mass Effect 2 and Halo: Reach both offer a fantastic amount of content for the price of a single game. Halo: Reach moreso for the sheer size and quality of its online multiplayer.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Where all you all coming form with this 'up against Halo" stuff from. Pretty sure halo isn't mentioned in the psp category.
And though I haven't played any of the other games on PSP I'd like to see it win...

Best story: Maybe, though as a biased KH fan who absolutely loved BBS's story I'd say it's a guarantee 8)
Most addictive: Probably not, I was hyped about this game for four-five years, though shamefully I put it down once I had 100%'d it and have barely played it since (Damn you exams), though while I was playing it I could hardly put it down.
Best Visuals: I'd say it wins this. From what I've heard it could probably top MGS and I've played the GOW entry, and though I love that series as well the visuals on it, though still amazing probably fell a little short of some of BBS's. So hopefully a win for the visuals.
Bang for your Buck: Haven't played enough of the other games to make a decision on this, but based on the fact that the disk is about to burst, being packed full of content, and that it's an all round great game I'd like to think it's a strong contender for this.
GOTY: We can hope, wouldn't that be an award for the series to take home, and maybe lure some more fans

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
to anyone who's talking about games like Halo or Mass Effect, if you actually look at the nominations they're for PSP only, which is really the only reason why BBS was nominated for so many categories, and that says a lot more about the PSP's lineup this year than how good BBS is.

It should win best story and atmosphere, but I have a feeling Peace Walker is going to win alot of the awards.

Haven't personally played Peace Walker, but considering it's Metal Gear, I wouldn't be surprised if it deserved it.

Shadow Key

Best Story
Most Addictive game
Best Visuals

Best Story, yes, I would like to see that since the story was great. It was also very addictive. The visuals were good but rightfully belonged to the other games in that category such as GoW, I hate the game but the graphics were great.

But the thing is, we're dealing with IGN. We all know their not exactly very fond of KH, so I would assume they'd give the awards to something more "hardcore" such as GoW or MGS Peace Walker.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Just throwin it out there: Metal Gear Solid got in every category except for Comical Game. So It's likely to win something. Just my predictions of how it'll go down, though they're not necessarily my opinions.
Best Story - Birth By Sleep

Funniest Game - Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess. I can see Who's That Flying Getting it though(both are by the same studios), because it was much more focused on the comedy aspect.

Example.
Judge: Anything you'd like to say, Earth?
Earth: Well I'd try flattery, but you're too handsome to fall for that.

Best Competitive Multiplayer: SOCOM

Best Co-Op Game: Metal Gear Solid - Peace Walker

Coolest Atmosphere: GOW

Most Addictive: Metal Gear Solid

Best Visuals: GOW

Bang For Your buck: Knights in the Nightmare(totally with this one.)

PSP Game of the Year: Definitely a battle between Peace Walker and BBS, from my predictions.

O

Oberon

IGN's Best of 2010 Awards Nominations - PC News at IGN

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep was nominated for 5 IGN Best of 2010 Awards. They are...

Best Story
Most Addictive game
Best Visuals
Most Bang for your Buck
Best PlayStation Portable Game

Winners will be unveiled December 13th
I can see it winning Best Visuals, Most Bang for your Buck or Best Story. That's about it. I don't think it has a very good chance at any of them either except maybe Best Visuals; only because it's by S-E, though.

Darkrider S

I think BBS can win a couple of them :D. Though I have to admit that God of War is a better candidate for Best PSP game of the year

blackberi

I don't think it will win "best story"... but it has a good chance of winning "most addicting" and "best visuals." Then again, it's IGN and they hate all Kingdom Hearts that isn't the first one so... who knows.

I think it'll win at least one award though. Here's hoping. Wasn't my favourite KH game, that's for sure, but it was still a good game and deserves something.

tri-blade

I don't think it will win "best story"... but it has a good chance of winning "most addicting" and "best visuals." Then again, it's IGN and they hate all Kingdom Hearts that isn't the first one so... who knows.

I think it'll win at least one award though. Here's hoping. Wasn't my favourite KH game, that's for sure, but it was still a good game and deserves something.
Oh heck no it's not going to win the "best story" award. Halo Reach will. Could you imagine the uproar the gaming society would have if that happened? LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back