• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep MF Fight Music - "Dark Impetus"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number Zero

Didn't nomura state KH 3 was on par with numbered entries regarding story? I can very well see the MF being important in that game.
I always saw the extra bosses as clues to the next important game's final boss.

Unkown -> Xemnas, final boss of Kh2
Lingering Sentiment -> Terra's Lingering Will, who you fight with against Terranort (with Terranort being the final boss in the final episode and Terra's story)
So maybe:
MF -> Final Boss/Special Character/Pseudo-final Boss (incase he's the final of, say, Riku's scenario) of KH3D?

I thought he said it WASN'T canon. I dunno.

If someone could confirm this, but I believe Nomura said that the fight was canon and one of the three scenarios (Terra, Ven and Aqua) fight him in their story. If this is true, i think it makes the most sense for Ven to be the one who fights him (terra was there when LoD was destroyed, so no reason to return, Aqua was shocked at seeing it at the start of Final Episode).

Agreed.

My opinion on MF:

From what we can tell, he's time based. His weapons were frickin' clock hands. And when you recieve a Keyblade from him, its time oriented. So this person may not have anything to do with Xehanort and he could be the catalyst of the next saga. It's possbile he went to the LoD ten years back to thin the herd since he'll be up against half a dozen Key bearers. Three of them possibly being Masters.

Also if MF was MX's Nobody then why isn't he hunching and having his hands behind his back? Besides we've already seen MX in a black coat. So, to me, that would just seem off.

Arctides

I don't know if this is the best place to post my theory on the Mysterious Figure, but I felt I might as well take the plunge... so to speak. This is also my first post on this board, so I'm a tad cautious about making a bad first impression.

So, here's my ever so insightful theory on the Mysterious Figure.

It's Ventus. I jokingly blurted it out to a friend when watching the Figure's battle stance when footage of the battle was first released; as Ventus seems to be the only character I've seen so far that fights with his blade in a reverse grip. Then I mulled it over, and given how outrageous some of the plot elements introduced in BbS were, I figured out how to make sense of the whole thing.

At the end of BbS, Ventus' heart joins with Sora, leaving behind an empty shell that we see Aqua leave in Castle Oblivion. Seeing how strong Ventus' heart was, and that his body didn't vanish, couldn't it be possible that his empty shell awoke as a Nobody? Seeing how he'd be a traditional Nobody, unlike Roxas, he probably wouldn't be able to use his keyblade – or may choose not to, ala Nomura's Xemnas not using Master Xehanort's keyblade excuse (I do recall Ventus' shell using his keyblade to open a path to Land of Departure in the Last Story). Nobodies age, as we've seen in Axel, Saix and Zexion.

Ventus' shell ventures out into the unknown and gains new knowledge and abilities as he grows – Including: clock light sabers, Mega Flare, χBlade-esque attack, and time-bending overall broken abilities. Many of these abilities would make sense, as they can be linked to Ventus' memories as a whole being. Now, this being tired of not being whole and wants a heart (somehow managing to avoid being recruited into the Organization all the while).

He uses his time-bending abilities to travel back in time to prevent his own origins by arriving at Land of Departure at a point before Terra, Ventus, and Aqua each separately go off into their tragic final battle. Of course, as we know, he fails to incapacitate them and alter the flow of time. The entire screwed up event stands to only serve as foreshadowing of things to come for the three of them.

... That's my theory at least, as far-fetched as it is.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
At the end of BbS, Ventus' heart joins with Sora, leaving behind an empty shell that we see Aqua leave in Castle Oblivion. Seeing how strong Ventus' heart was, and that his body didn't vanish, couldn't it be possible that his empty shell awoke as a Nobody? Seeing how he'd be a traditional Nobody, unlike Roxas, he probably wouldn't be able to use his keyblade – or may choose not to, ala Nomura's Xemnas not using Master Xehanort's keyblade excuse (I do recall Ventus' shell using his keyblade to open a path to Land of Departure in the Last Story). Nobodies age, as we've seen in Axel, Saix and Zexion.

1. A Nobody is created when ones heart is taken by the darkness (When somebody dies). Ven's wasn't so no Nobody.
2. Nobodies do not age.
3. When Ven opened the path to LoD in The Last Episode, he wasn't an empty shell yet. He still had his heart, even though it was damaged.
4. this isn't quite the right space to put your theory. you can make another thread.

Arctides

2. Nobodies do not age.
e_e I'd argue that they do, considering that the timeline points to the Organization characters giving up their hearts a year or two after the events of BbS. But if you want to get into a wang measuring contest over who knows the canon better, please leave me out.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
Its been confirmed that nobodies cannot age besides we have seen characters that changed in a year(Sora, Kairi, etc.). Now MF is somebody we know since Nomura(or someone else from SE) stated in an interview once that the MF was someone we knew but trying to figure out how they could be there in that time would just confuse us and said to wait for future games(3D/BBS v2 or KH3) and the answer would be there.

EternalDreamer

I thought he said it WASN'T canon. I dunno.

Why do the extra bosses being clues to the next game's final boss have anything to do with (not) being canon? :confused:

Whether the fight occurs or not, that doesn't even matter if you read my post. I just said that each game's extra boss (Unknown, LS, MF) proves to be linked to the next important game's final boss (Xemnas, Terranort, ???)

Edit: As for nobodies not aging, i find that very hard to believe due to the sole reason that would imply Ienzo got shot up 10-something years in age when he turned into a nobody.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
Its been confirmed that nobodies do not age! It really doesn't matter whether you find it hard to believe are not its the truth and you have to accept it.

EternalDreamer

Its been confirmed that nobodies do not age! It really doesn't matter whether you find it hard to believe are not its the truth and you have to accept it.

Do give me the in-game quote or interview with official sources that say so. I'd be happy to let it go if i have solid confirmation.

billyzanesucks

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Some people seem to think that the theme is now implying that MF's purpose for fighting VAT was an evil one, but what if this entity is drived to go against some sort of dark force? Personally, I think the MF has something to do with Xehanort's bias towards darkness, and Xehanort's Guardian. I'm creating an entire theory on all of this, so I can't say any more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back