• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep: Jump Festa 2008 Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
*sighs* yeah I miss this too, I still also enjoy what we got but it really could have been better, especially with the character's relationships.

Awards
Interesting indeed. You can just see how Nomura splattered these scenes onto the storytelling canvas and mushed it around until he came up with BBS. Ven apparently "rescued" Terra from something, implying he was going to be much more experienced and mature than what he ended up to be. Xehanort's goal also seems to have shifted from a desire to "correct a past mistake" to unlocking kingdom hearts. And was that really Aqua's shadow at the end there? Looks to me they were still developing her character and whatnot. Overall it's a neat look into the past.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Interesting indeed. You can just see how Nomura splattered these scenes onto the storytelling canvas and mushed it around until he came up with BBS. Ven apparently "rescued" Terra from something, implying he was going to be much more experienced and mature than what he ended up to be.

Funny that you mention that, the debut trailer for the original Kingdom Hearts involved Sora being the one who had to be saved.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Xehanort's goal also seems to have shifted from a desire to "correct a past mistake" to unlocking kingdom hearts.

The whole "correcting a past mistake"-part is still in the final product though when Xehanort tells Terra the false version of how Vanitas came to be and implores for his help:
Master Xehanort said:
He has no control over the darkness in his heart. The Keyblade is not
his to bear. He's an abomination beyond hope of salvation. Lend me your
strength, Terra. Right this wrong that I have wrought.

It's translated differently but the core meaning is the same.
Therefore it cannot be insinuated that Xehanort's true goals have "shifted" during the production process as the things shown in the trailers are often without context.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
You know, this is the very first time I have ever seen this particular trailer in motion (I seen some of the footage from this one, but I have only ever seen the opening scene in stills). It's kind of amazing how much the game changed from its announcement to the time it released. Some of the character interactions here are really great, and visually its stunning even with the incredibly low and pixelated resolution. It makes me think that the game could have been so much better, at least visually, if it stayed on the PS2 instead of shifting development to the PSP.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I honestly cannot tell, is this trailer depicting prototype Birth by Sleep as a PlayStation 2 game or a PlayStation Portable game? I'm personally guessing PlayStation 2 solely because of the wind effects and various camera angles during cut scenes.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm 95% sure that's still the PS2-state trailer. This is probably the firs trailer where they moved the game to the PSP:
[video=youtube;50Z_BJ3JIN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Z_BJ3JIN4[/video]

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
BBS, though originally planned for PS2, was always announced publicly as a PSP game and what you saw recorded from the engine in the earlier trailers reflects that, as you can see by the gameplay being displayed in widescreen perspective that fits the PSP's specs, as opposed to a PS2's postage stamp dimensions.

It's pretty unlikely the ps2 version got very far at all, as there was virtually no time to develop before working on Re:CoM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back